St. HOPE Public Schools Reviews

St. HOPE Public Schools Chief Executive Officer Jake Mossawir
Jake Mossawir
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great pay and benefits, very low support

Aug 30, 2021 - Teaching Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are great Co-teachers are always there for you

Cons

Management does very little to support you Poor professional development meetings Makes teaching harder for students and teachers

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Moving on to more

Jan 21, 2021 - Helper in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for a while.

Cons

Need more money to life in area.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Toxic environment, disservice to kids

Jan 19, 2021 - Teaching Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great kids, families often involved, community support

Cons

toxic workplace environment, racist school wide practices, high turnover and lack of positive culture.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excited for the future

Jun 6, 2019 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been here for five years. When I first arrived it was a very toxic environment. Teachers and staff members were mean to each other and all the leaders seemed to have big egos and self-centered. Everything seemed to always be about the adults feelings. I’m really happy that many of those people have left and that the focus has been put back on the students. This has been by far the best year I have had here and can’t wait for the future.

Cons

Many of the negative things that people have said haven’t been true and have overshadowed all of the great work we are doing.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

My peers feel like family.

Apr 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The students make it worth while!

Cons

Instability of leadership makes for inconsistent environment

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

St. Hope

Sep 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my five years, I have felt nothing but supported by the administration of St. HOPE. I can truly say that I have never had a job where I’ve felt the management was more qualified to be the leaders of an organization. The leaders of St. HOPE are passionate, hard-working, driven individuals who always keep the best interests of students and staff in mind. As principal, Kari Wehrly put structures into place at PS7 Middle that resulted in many positive changes; including increased test scores, and greater staff retention. She then took her expertise to the elementary school, and achieved the same results. Although change takes time and often comes with push-back, I am confident that Kari Wehrly and our current leadership team are more than capable of making these same strides at Sac High. My experience at St. HOPE has been nothing but positive and I can’t imagine feeling more satisfied or appreciated at a job.

Cons

Staff put in more hours than they would at a regular public school.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Amazing school for big dreams

Jul 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Administration is always supportive and helpful. The managing and training you get is always aimed at making you be a better teacher. Staff are all friendly and the kids are wonderful.

Cons

Does not really support healthy home life balance

8. 5.0

High Expectations

Jun 28, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about St. HOPE, is our students. They are such phenomenal people with so much potential and I could not be more proud to be a part of their lives. I love working at St. HOPE. There is no better place to find like minded individuals who do whatever it takes for students. If you are looking for a team atmosphere and a group of individuals that will always put kids first, this is the place for you. One of my favorite things about working here is that this is a group of educators that is willing to work as hard as they possibly can and use every minute that they have with students for learning.

Cons

There will definitely be more work that your typical public school and much higher expectations, but every bit of that work and pressure is worth it knowing that it is going to help send our students off to college one day and give them more opportunities in life. The teachers that work here know what they are signing up for and when they buy into the vision and big goals and work as hard as they can to achieve them, feel so fulfilled knowing that the hard work was so worth it.

9. 5.0

Excellent Place To Work

Jun 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked with SHPS for over 5 years and I absolutely love working here! The administration is so supportive of teacher growth and development. All staff members are like-minded, positive, and so hardworking. Every single staff member is with SHPS in order to fulfill our mission of putting our scholars on the path to and through college. I cannot imagine working anywhere else!

Cons

I do not consider this a con, but you must be eager, have a whatever it takes attitude, and be ready to work hard! These three things are my favorite about working with SHPS.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Come Join Us

May 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at St. HOPE is an amazing experience because you get to work with so many like-minded individuals who are truly working their hardest to close the achievement gap in our country. Everyone is here for the kids and is always willing to go above and beyond to support our scholars and their families. The management team gives us so much support and is constantly coaching us and giving feedback to make us more effective for our scholars and I have learned so much since I first started!

Cons

Although this is not a con for me, personally, you do have to be willing to work super hard and truly want to do whatever it takes to support students and ensure they are learning and achieving. This is what I love, and St. HOPE makes it easy!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews