Stonebridge Companies Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated Jun 22, 2019

Found 7 of over 188 reviews

3.1
Stonebridge Companies Owner/Chairman Navin Dimond (no image)
Navin Dimond
Pros
  • "Great team to work with, and really dedicated corporate office located here in Denver(in 9 reviews)

• "The company is growing in many markets(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High cost of benefits, high turnover at corporate office(in 11 reviews)

• "The associate holiday party the hotels if lucky might get a budget of(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New to the Brand

Jun 22, 2019 - Catering Sales Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with new properties constantly being added around the country. Great team to work with, and really dedicated corporate office located here in Denver. The company makes all properties feel really connected and everyone is willing to work together and help each other out. They really focus on measurable success and give you several tools to act as personal checks and balances as you reach for your sales goals. They are invested in their people and really take time and effort to make sure people are not only a good fit for the position but for the team they're meant to work with.

Cons

Limited time off in the beginning with a slow growth over time and no maternity or paternity leave given. There aren't any opportunities to work remotely.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company with Growth Potential!

Mar 12, 2018 - Regional Director of Sales in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stonebridge promotes career development and growth. The company is growing in many markets. It is a pleasure to work with such great associates across the country.

Cons

There are no Cons for this company.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing company - not a bad place to work

Dec 13, 2016 - Guest Service Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Rapidly growing company with an increasingly more sophisticated hotel portfolio -Company cares about administering employee surveys and actually taking action based on the results -Company tries to promote from within -Nice benefits such as free hotel nights, discounts for Stonebridge hotels and restaurants, reduced public transportation passes, discounted fitness club memberships, 401K match, etc.

Cons

-Very hierarchical management structure -Most (not all) C-level executives are white males -Lower pay relative to neighboring hotels -Sometimes it seems like management cares about increasing the bottom line more than investing in employee satisfaction or investing in better products and services for the hotel. Even if this is not factually the case, even the perception a "hyper-bottom-line-focus" has led to decreased employee morale in my department.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Moving in the right direction

May 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing and the pipeline is very exciting. I feel that my contributions are valued and I'm given the tools to have an autonomous work environment that regularly challenges my abilities but is also incredibly rewarding. There's been a noticeable effort to improve the work-life balance of employees, which is something I value greatly. Having this means associates come to work refreshed and ready to make an impact instead of run down and exhausted. The workload truly is never ending and can be daunting at times. It would be very easy to burn out but I think leadership recognizes the value in striking that balance and encourages it which makes the day to day motivating and challenging. It's the right setup to get the best out of employees. I can't say enough good things about the people. There's been a noticeable effort to put the right people in place in both leadership and non-leadership roles. The work environment is extremely collaborative and team-oriented which makes coming in every day enjoyable and productive.

Cons

Corporate hierarchy is very old school in the way it is set up (very traditional and very vertical). I think this can at times lead to unnecessarily long decision making timeframes which is wildly inefficient and also makes the flow of information slow.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great team members

Mar 13, 2016 - Food Server in Grand Junction, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dependable and growing company give security

Cons

Confused management... Lots of disconnect

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing and Evolving

Jan 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stonebridge seems to have the right pieces in place on a corporate level to grow and evolve into a leader in the Hospitality Industry. The company is growing and is doing a lot of things right. It is a great place to work. I have been here for several years and can honestly say that I enjoy my job and the people I work with.

Cons

Hire more "workers" and less "managers".

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for

Aug 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Stonebridge for over 2 years and the company is growing. With recent changes in upper management I see the culture changing as well. Growing with in the company is very important. Always asking for feedback from the GM's as well as the line staff.

Cons

Communication is still an area that needs improvement

1 person found this review helpful