Success Academy Charter Schools Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Success Academy Charter Schools Reviews

Updated Sep 15, 2019

Found 661 reviews

3.4
Success Academy Charter Schools CEO Eva Moskowitz  (no image)
Eva Moskowitz
Pros
  • "Professional development to further my skills(in 67 reviews)

• "Work with the best educators in the business - doing innovative and exciting things for our scholars(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work /life balance is a little difficult to adjust(in 115 reviews)

• "You must be prepared to work long hours and take feedback in order to grow(in 106 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Management Specialist

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Opportunities for advancement - Compensated well - Fast moving, challenging environment - never boring - Consistently trying to improve our processes, lots of ability to be creative - Great benefits

Cons

- Have to do work often outside of normal work hours

Advice to Management

N/A

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-16
  2. "Associate Teacher at Success Academy"

Current Employee - Associate Teacher

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, people, and experience.

Cons

Long hours if time not managed well.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-14
  3. "Amazing Schools, Amazing Kids, Amazing Staff!"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Success Academy has been such a blessing for me! I have received so much support from the schools' leadership all the way to the teachers who I work with. I have grown so much as a professional and it is all thanks to the amazing staff at Success Academy. The kids are so awesome as well! It is just truly amazing seeing them grow in knowledge throughout the course of the school year. If you get hired at... Success Academy, you are in the RIGHT place!

Cons

Long hours, but so worth it! You feel like you are changing the educational world every day you step into your school.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-12

""Work with Educators Who Are Actually Changing Education"

Current Employee - Network Office

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You will grow at exponential rates as a professional. You are working alongside people who care deeply about ed reform are will to not only just talk about all the problems but do the hard work necessary to actually make a change. It is fast-paced, upbeat and there is no other place like it

Cons

If you are not used to constant feedback or do not have a true work ethic this place is not right for you.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-30

"Great mission, interesting work, and amazing colleagues"

Current Employee - Legal

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time

Pros

We are changing what people believe is possible for public education, and more importantly, for each of our students. The work is constantly cutting edge and impactful. And I could not ask for a better group of people to work with--everyone on the team is dedicated, smart, kind, and funny as hell.

Cons

Everything is urgent and high stakes, which is exciting but can get wearying. Constantly fighting against our most virulent and unreasonable detractors is also draining.

Advice to Management

They are already working on this, but we should take a real look at employee burnout and turnover, and make sure that different departments are held accountable to the same standards.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-27
  6. "Assistant Role"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Success has a mission and vision for minority kids that is unmatched by any other school system in my opinion. Working behind the scenes of the charter school network, I can definitely understand why the teachers, principals and staff work very hard. I for one of the members of the executive team and find my position very rewarding. The work is challenging but what position is not? I have great work-life balance as... well.

Cons

I've been here less than one year so I do not have any cons at the moment.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-29

"The Best & Brightest on the Cutting Edge of Education Reform"

Current Employee - Associate Director

Pros

• Work with the smartest people making the biggest difference in redefining what's possible in public education. • Make a positive impact on thousands of children's futures everyday. • Set the bar of excellence in teaching and learning. • Deliver world-class service to children, families, schools. • Enormous opportunity to grow professionally and hone one's craft.

Cons

• Challenging external factors limit the organization's ability to grow and serve more children and families: hostile mayor, incredible amounts of regulatory red tape, and an entire public sector union that wants you to fail.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-23
  8. "Great Organization"

Current Employee - Legal Counsel in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time

Pros

It is an inspiration to work with such a talented group of people dedicated to creating and supporting excellent schools and bringing educational equality to New York City.

Cons

It can be somewhat disheartening to read unfair, baseless, anti-charter rhetoric in the news.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-26
  9. "Come help us eliminate the achievement gap for low income public school children"

Current Employee - Attorney in New York, NY

Pros

--Success succeeds -- it delivers on its promise to low income children --People work hard, but it's because they are so committed to what we are doing --I've never worked for a company that so believed in never being complacent -- We did great last year. We can NEVER rest on that. We figure out how we can do better in the future.

Cons

-- Success is not for the faint of heart. Continuous improvement is HARD, and we demand a lot. If you want to work 9-5 and not think about your job once you go home, this isn't the place for you.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-26
  10. "Great Mission Focused Organization"

Current Employee - AD of Real Estate in New York, NY

Pros

You will not find a more passionate, smart, committed group of people to work for anywhere else. It is incredible to work with such talented and amazing people. You can see the efforts of your work by how great our schools are; I take so much joy in walking down a hallway and peering into the classrooms and see amazing educators. Everyone has a lot of latitude, and is also encouraged, to challenge systems... in order to make our organization even better. We are always pushing ourselves to do better.

Cons

Challenging a system that is as deeply entrenched as public education is hard. However we continue to improve the level of support that each staff member is provided. SA even opened up a whole Education Institute to support in this effort.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-23