Sun Life "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Sun Life Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Jun 12, 2019

Found 1155 reviews

3.6
Sun Life CEO Dean Connor
Dean Connor
Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes senior management is there only for their own benefit(in 23 reviews)

• "no room for advancement, stressful(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Senior Manager-HR"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Sun Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment, challenging assignments, good projects and exposure, employee benefits and policies, very involved senior management , growing rapidly

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Advice to Management

Stay the course

Sun Life2019-04-23
  2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good leadership,work life balance,good salary,benefits,good office location

Cons

Less work and more politics.not good to stay after 3-4 years. Too much effort to keep senior management happy.

Advice to Management

Pls empower Middle management to act and speak freely.

Sun Life2018-05-24
  3. "Work Flexibility"

I have been working at Sun Life

Pros

Good company as it's work environment is very cool and work flexibility is there.

Cons

I didn't find anything bad about this company. But yes senior persons are taking advantages of it and shows there seniority to the juniors and co-workers. There should be right people management by the managers or senior management teams.

Sun Life2017-02-23
  4. "Great Parent org with poor policies and procedures at ISC"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall the org offers opportunities until band 6... fairly straightforward work where an average person should be able to do work and be successful. Senior management has built a listening organization... which is good.

Cons

Most benefits are for leadership team. LT can get away from anything very easily. Managers would pick and choose the feedback and manipulate them to their advantage. Travel policies are not in line with global benchmarks. Parent company shows interest to get work done, but doesn't bother much about the day to day nuances and execution... they are usually impressed well by the leadership team.

Advice to Management

Please have consistency in reviews and processes across organization at India.

Sun Life2014-07-08
  5. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Scarborough, ON

I have been working at Sun Life full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will work with an awesome set of folks that dedicate and work hard to make Sun Life a success.

Cons

Sometimes senior management is there only for their own benefit. Some manager lie to your face.

Sun Life2019-03-27

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fredericton, NB

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I began working for Sun Life as a financial advisor to pursue my dreams in the finance industry. This has always been a role I aspired to fill as a child. When I began working there, I did very well. I sold lots of new clients, developed a great clientele, and had the liberty to come and go as I pleased.

Cons

After nearly four years of devoting all my time and energy to this company, I wanted to move out of the branch office and pursue my own real estate venture in the city, and offer up my own store front for the company. I was spending nearly $2,000 in expenses to the company, and in low volume sales months, I was actually making negative pays. This with a small family at home began to fill my life with stress, depression...

Advice to Management

Treat your advisors with sheer respect, and up lift them in ways they can do their job with minimal stress. Your retention rate will drastically change.

Sun Life2018-04-06
  7. "Recruitment Officer"

Former Employee - Recruitment Officer in Ho Chi Minh City

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company culture from the Regional Office. Make people proud with Sun Life branding. The Senior Management team from Regional are always friendly with big ambition in Vietnam

Cons

Newly established in Vietnam, lots of change in personnel. Problems in promotion system

Advice to Management

Need to have a close look in Vietnam company. Need more integrity in performance appraisal system.

Sun Life2017-07-19

"Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Wellesley, MA

I worked at Sun Life

Pros

Large Scale International firm with multiple divisions, Great benefits and compensation packages, Good bunch of co-workers, excellent departmental support staff and nice job location

Cons

Too much office politics, Inconsistent Senior Management direction, poor resource planning, divergent job priorities and task assignments.

Sun Life2016-08-22

"Operations/Finance/Member Adjustments"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator

I worked at Sun Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best= vacation time is fair for new hire and benefits are good.

Cons

All work , no socialization. Disconnect between managers and director's. The employee suffers if not trained. No official training program, no cross training. Work is expected completed and right without guidance first. Senior management refuses change and growth. Old school. They hold back employees by enabling them with who they know. They give bad reviews and hand out impossible...

Advice to Management

Find what you like to do, leave and go do it. Let a fresh face and mind come in and encourage change and growth!

Sun Life2016-08-16
  10. "Introduce and train lean management concepts to employees at all levels and areas of the company."

Current Employee - Lean Management Senior Consultant in Waterloo, ON

I have been working at Sun Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people really want to do a good job and car about the customer. Senior management is committed to improving the customer experience and has put a program together to make Sun Life the best life insurer in Canada. As an employee I am given enough flexibility to allow work/life balance.

Cons

Outdated technology and stagnant processes are so to improve. Some of this is because of the size of the company but also lack of investment

Sun Life2016-05-20