Superdrug Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9
Superdrug Managing Director Peter Macnab
Peter Macnab

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Staff discount and breaks given regularly" (in 56 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, good discount" (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be pushy with the star buys and first shifts can be a bit overwhelming due to minimal training" (in 30 reviews)

• "Sales targets are stressful and we don't get any rewards for registering beauty cards" (in 28 reviews)

"sales advior"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Poo
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Poo

I have been working at Superdrug part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ok discount 30% own brand
    10% branded

Cons

never take people on bigger contracts between 4-16 hours in this day in age u cant live on that
    star buys u get push to sell cos company wants all that extra money as company they don't care about staff all care about team leaders and mangers rest are northing to them they never reward u I left good job to work at this company and I so regret it

Advice to Management

treat staff more fairly

2. "Okay"

I worked at Superdrug part-time

Pros

-good discount
    - is a nice very easy job for students or people who it's their first job

Cons

- like to brainwash their staff into thinking they're part of something great
    -was poor pay
    -have to upsell "star buys" at the till constantly- get no reward or recognition for doing so
    - targets of beauty cards to register not always easy to do
    -cutting hours to the extreme- nothing ever gets done

Advice to Management

More hours and a small incentive for beautycards/starbuys
    Superdrug always try and make you push people to sign up to the 'beautycard' for customer loyalty, but when will they realise its only when they make the beautycard as good as boots people will want it

3. "Easy shop job"

Pros

Nice staff
    Management are good

Cons

Have to up sale certain products at till
    Minimum wage

4. "Worked in worse places but could be far better"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Superdrug full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous discount, staff try to stay positive. Senior management are very supportive (as long as you are hitting every ridiculous target under the sun). Good incentives for teams to achieve targets. Bonus scheme is generous (if you achieve said targets). Internal promotions are always encouraged with training workshops available.

Cons

Insufferable pressure from H/O that filters down throughout company into stores, salary doesn’t reflect the hours worked by management... contracted 39 but need to work 50+ hours to maintain store standards, keep customer service in place & control your shrinkage & no compensation available to make it worth while. Salaries don’t reflect the work put into stores. Pressure to complete refreshers training (sometimes already completed 6+ times previously). Staff who are training internally for a promoted post rely on management to help complete training but no extra time is given to allow for this, has to be completed within normal contracted hours (you can help a team a team member further their career but at your own expense & sanity). Quick to point out when something’s wrong but very little support to fix it... very much a ‘Just Fix It’ attitude.

Advice to Management

Above comments say enough but I could go on forever. Generally the company is good to work for as I have experienced worse, the stress that management & team
    members are put under can be a little ridiculous. I’ve worked for the company for over 5 years. & don’t think I will be going elsewhere anytime soon., The good days outweigh the bed overall... mostly due to individual store teams.

5. "It is an okay place to work"

I worked at Superdrug full-time

Pros

Discount is handy - probably the only good thing though

Cons

Managers expect you to work every day, and if they phone you on your day off and you can’t come in you get the cold shoulder
    Managers make it all about getting sales rather than making it a fun and enjoyable place to work

Advice to Management

Focus on staff happiness more, take into account staff feeling

6. "Decent for students and first time workers but not as much everyone else."

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Ilford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Ilford, England (UK)

I worked at Superdrug part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usually a good team that supports you
    Even paced work flow
    Just pleasant to work at
    Good hours and my manager is nice so far.

Cons

Low wage - especially for areas like London where everything costs more and the living wage is £10.20 (approx)

You have to up-sell to every customer at the tills whether you want to or not and it makes interactions tense and uncomfortable. It also makes customers not want to come back because such blatant clunky up-selling makes the company seem untrustworthy and desperate. My job should be to help customers and occasionally show them some offers and up-sell when relevant. Not many people want the sim cards, truthfully. The perfume offers do work however, but there should be some kind of commission for the workers, considering the pay is low.

The tills are problematic and you can't do anything without needing a manager to sign it off, e.g. even for cancelling a single item in transaction, problems arise, a manager is needed and they can only cancel the entire transaction list.

There are always deals on and it's hard to keep track of, so much so that the customers often pick something thinking it is on sale because the label suggests so to find out the label is old and the deal was last month. It's clean there's too much going on.

Advice to Management

Allow sales advisors to upsell only thewhen they feel it would help the customers and not just fit a quota.
    This constant"do you want our aim? Do you want out star buys" makes superdrug look untrustworthy.

7. "Friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Superdrug part-time (More than a year)

Pros

team work is encouraged
    great discount

Cons

stressful shifts
    contracts are often few hours

8. "Fun and Innovative"

I have been working at Superdrug full-time

Pros

Fun, great people, business is growing

Cons

Retail is a hard environment

9. "Sales assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Superdrug part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good hours

Cons

Manager did nothing but look down his nose. Pay

10. "Not my best decision to date"

I worked at Superdrug part-time

Pros

Pay wasn’t bad for part time work, colleagues were lovely, store discount was good

Cons

Overworked
    Company itself make stuff do too much overtime, 8hr contact and had to work 30+ hours some weeks