Synchrony Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Synchrony Account Manager Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2019

Found 7 reviews

3.4
Synchrony CEO Margaret M. Keane (no image)
Margaret M. Keane
  1. "Fraud"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Short listed in 23 rd position for the best places to work in India

Cons

Not fair in terms to ijp.

Advice to Management

The higher management should look into the front line managers decisions. That’s something which is completely affecting the entire 1st line of defence

Synchrony2018-08-27

"Good place to work as fresher"

Account Manager in Hyderābād

I worked at Synchrony

Pros

I Joined as a fresher and depending on metrics i was promoted i was in the position of accounts manager while i was leaving

Cons

You find people talking about cheap politics being played around specially in IJP's

Advice to Management

let the IJP be more and hire internally rather than external

Synchrony2016-09-07
  3. "Great All Round"

Current Employee - Collections Account Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Synchrony part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and family culture, growth opportunities

Cons

Everything works fine. No changes necessary

Synchrony2019-06-01

""Abandon hope all ye who enter...""

Current Employee - Account Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The seldom realization that you have a choice to leave the company, and are not trapped by the exorbitant amount of paid time off.

Cons

The interview process at Synchrony is an elaborate ruse to promote a diverse workforce. We focus so much on inclusiveness because it is only accolade Synchrony is continually recognized for. It is a counter-intuitive practice, in that some certainly deserve and are qualified to be in the position that they are in, but they did not get to that position based off value. The interview process itself remains completely... unchanged, even after we have claimed to have fixed it; in whole it is a disengaged, robotic charade. Synchrony allows initiatives to be in place to promote people based on diversity, not merit. Synchrony’s agenda to promote for diversity vs. competence will inevitably cause more harm than good. Putting lesser-qualified candidates in positions that could be better performed by someone else causes continuous management issues and a lack of faith in senior leadership. There are numerous studies detailing how it is impossible to hire both for competency and diversity initiatives concurrently, so the fact that Synchrony acts as if both are in place highlights our obliviousness. This is the root cause of 95% of our problems here, yet we choose to continue full-steam ahead with this hushed initiative. I’m not sure if senior leadership thinks we are too thoughtless to realize what is actually happening or afraid to say so, but that is not the case. Everyone knows we are promoting under qualified minorities over those better suited for jobs. I’m certain nothing will be done to improve our interview process because Synchrony cares more about appearing successful than setting themselves up for success. You would think that after losing our biggest client after a decade’s long relationship we would realize our error. Walmart chose to leave us because we are years behind on technological advances and have exemplified a stagnancy to change. How do we ever expect to get ahead if we continue this same path of complacency and ignorance?

Advice to Management

Hire a competent workforce, preferably put a 5th grade reading level in place for entry-level positions and that will fix most of our issues.

Synchrony2019-06-27
  5. "Overall good place to work"

Current Employee - Collections Account Manager in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are unbeatable. My healthcare deductible was $800 and even before it was met, my policy paid for most of my care. The pay is decent. They used to do monthly bonuses but that went away at the beginning of 2019. They averaged your 2018 bonuses and added that into your base pay. So instead of making $15.50, my pay bumped to $17.50/hr. Onsite gym, cafeteria, marketplace, break rooms, vending machines, etc. You... have to have a badge to get into the building so I felt safe while at work. Management is nice and approachable. Ample time off. So many committees to join. You can tell they actually care about your personal growth. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

It’s a call center, so the work is very dull and repetitive. You will deal with unhappy customers on a daily basis. As an account manager, part of my job was to take the escalated calls. This is more of my personal experience, but the sick time policy needs to be changed. You get paid for sick days, but there are certain “triggers” (hours) that you hit and that results in corrective action. I get sick a lot, so... I was put on corrective action quite a few times for it. I wish I could have the option to take unpaid sick time and not get in trouble for it. Synchrony has been rated a Great Place to Work for the past couple of years and it’s true, but that initiative is pushed on us too much. Around the time of year that we take the survey it’s all you hear about from management.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within

Synchrony2019-03-29

"It's a Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of benefits, upper management tends to care. Many opportunities for growth

Cons

Some of the work that you have to deal with.

Synchrony2019-03-01
  7. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Frisco, TX

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, very casual environment

Cons

Site closed down and we were all layed off

Synchrony2016-12-26