Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

David Carr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Syracuse, NY (US)

I worked at Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. The company has nothing to offer. There are no benefits, nor growth. They lie about their job ads.

Cons

This job is just you selling direct Tv in walmart and bjs, annoying people. The manager is horrible, and money hungry. The turn over rate is very high, if you get no sales within a week you will be fired. All around a horrible company with nothing to offer.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be a manager, change your career cause you're unethical.

8 Mar 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Sorry to hear this about our company. Feel free to contact the office if you like to go over your misunderstandings so things can be properly explained. Honesty is something the company values please... More

2. "Worst company in Syracuse"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Syracuse, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Syracuse, NY (US)

I worked at Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive about this company or how it operates.

Cons

You know those ANNOYING people standing in Walmart and BJs selling direct tv? Yup, that's all this job is. Huge turn over rate. No benefits. Horrible hours. If you don't make sales you will be fired within a week. The manager is greedy, he's a good talker, but he does illegal things. All the ads say are promotions and events when it's just selling direct tv for 10$ an hour.

Advice to Management

Find a new job cause clearly you SUCK. If you mess up pay roll it's illegal to just give the employees cash. You will be under investigation with the better business bureau.

8 Mar 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Sorry to hear this about our company. Honesty is something the company values please reach out if you like. 315-748-5121

3. "Satisfied internship"

Former Intern - Entry Level Sales in Syracuse, NY (US)
    Former Intern - Entry Level Sales in Syracuse, NY (US)

I worked at Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions as an intern

Pros

Fast promotion opportunities.
    They want you to be promoted as soon as possible, that's how it works. You don't need any sales experience to be good at this job. The management is very understanding. The work environment is fun. Your salary is based on performance. They pay a base pay and you get comission.

Cons

The job is time consuming. You work 6 days a week, 8 hours a day. You really have to schedule your week appropriately.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep being the same management and the business will grow for sure. I really enjoyed my internship here and I'm very thankful for the opportunity.

"This job made me realize my true potential"

I worked at Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Before I took this job, I was working part time and needed a career where my skills could be utilized and I could reach my true potential. Thats exactly what Syracuse Marketing is all about. Now ive had the opportunity to travel and see new places that wouldn't be possible with any other job.

Cons

Hard work is rewarded with great recognition. Strong work ethic is key for this company. You will be viewed as a business partner, not an employee. So great responsibility.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly whats getting done. I know this company is constantly searching for ways to improve and offer amazing opportunities for all of it's business partners.

29 Aug 2016 – Human Resources Manager

5. "My experience as an intern"

Former Employee - Client Representative/Account Manager in Syracuse, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Client Representative/Account Manager in Syracuse, NY (US)

Pros

I loved working at SMA for this passed summer. I've never worked for a company with an environment as nurturing as SMA. Everyone here will help you be the best you can and give you amazing guidance to be successful and reach your goals. The amount of work you put in, is what you get out and there's no false promises of what you can gain out of working here.

Cons

Lenghty hours but it's worth what you can get out of it.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing. It's been working so far and it'll keep working in the future.

29 Aug 2016 – Human Resources Manager

6. "Great company for driven individuals"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Syracuse, NY (US)

Pros

Paid training, very friendly and helpful employees, large opportunity for personal and career growth

Cons

There are no downsides that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I really enjoyed the company while I was there and love the opportunities presented to me. unfortunately, life had other plans for me.

"Unsavory"

Pros

There are some really awesome individuals who work at this company, and I only hope that they continue to grow, and thrive as people.

Cons

Honestly from the get-go no one in this company was honest, or up front with me. To get me interested in going into the second interview I was lied to about what my pay would be like. So I went in for a second interview. There I got only a little bit more information about how my pay would be, and what the company was actually like. This company makes me feel bad for all of it's employees. Including the "owners," because they're being taught subliminally to lie to their future, current, and past employees; because they themselves are being lied to. Owners are being told that the branch of this corporation that they run, is their own business. It's not. Simply put- it is not your own business if you are still answering to someone else, your company still has goals set by someone else, and a percentage of what you're selling goes to someone else. Being in a business built off of lies is something I couldn't morally do. Listening to the CEO of this corporation during our weekly phone conferences say things like, "we aren't training salesmen, we're training future millionaires, and billionaires;" was too much for me. Clearly that is not what this corporation is looking to do, because there are probably 2 people who make over 7 digits in the entire corporation from the top down, and that's probably because they take commission, and whatever else from everyone underneath them. I don't see that cultivating too many more millionaires, or even billionaires.

Advice to Management

Come up with a more honest approach to everything that you're trying to do, right from the first interview, because it's a first impression for you to see a potential employee, but it is also our first impression of you, and your company- and that kind of thing sticks.

26 Aug 2016 – Human Resources Manager

I am sorry that you felt mislead and/or that you did not get enough information. We encourage questions prior to coming in for an interview and throughout the mutli-interview itself. Also, there is... More

"Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions is new, but I think they will go far."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Syracuse, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Syracuse, NY (US)

I have been working at Syracuse Marketing Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management staff is very motivating and they train you so that you will succeed in the business.

Cons

This is a full time job and if you are not mentally prepared to work 40 hours a week this may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating and inspiring your employees.

5 Nov 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback we will continue to grow!