Sysco Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 22 Nov 2020

3.5
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good pay for hard work"

Current Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Sysco full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Constantly digging through pallets. Long hours especially around holidays.

November 30, 2020Director

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

2. "Major layoffs - future seems uncertain"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director of Merchandising in Medley, FL

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HR is the glue to keep everything afloat

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic demands, uncertain future

October 12, 2020Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

3. "Long hours great pay"

Former Employee - Driver in Selma, NC

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits for drivers

Cons

Long hours can make home life challenging

October 2, 2020Director

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

4. "Frustrating good old boy company pretending to be innovative and inclusive"

1.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A few of the people I work with are nice. When I first started it was fine but it quickly went downhill and continues downward every single day.

Cons

Pay and benefits are not competitive Leaders have terrible leadership skills (incompetent, bullying, title snobs, ignore your input, take credit for your ideas, etc.) Disorganized, confusing, and contradictory policies and procedures Poor technology Every department is under staffed and has no budget so everyone is overworked, stressed, and burnt out Lots of lip service from leaders (don't be fooled by the public statements and social media posts about the diversity efforts - it's all middle aged white men calling the shots; they tell you to take time off and take care of your mental health but load you down with an unreasonable amount of work that means long hours, working on days off, or not being able to use vacation days, which you don't have the option of getting paid out) HR is nothing but toxic office politics and making excuses for bullies throughout the organization Senior leaders are very out of touch with what's really going on in the company - even if multiple people try to tell them, they ignore it or get offended and blow you off Very male-dominated company. Yes, many women work here but they aren't promoted (unless they're bullies), they're under paid, and they're ignored. I see a lot of turnover with the women I've worked with here I could go on and on. I've been here for over five years. I know multiple people that are exhausted, miserable, and looking to get out.

5. "marketing associate"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Sysco full-time

Pros

great benefits,vacation and savings plan

Cons

long hours six days a week

September 1, 2020Director

At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.

6. "Warehouse"

Current Employee - Warehouse Selector in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay. Great benefits. Keeps you busy.

Cons

No life. Long hours with little option to grow.

August 21, 2020Director

We appreciate you taking taking the time to provide feedback. The well-being and safety of Sysco employees is very important to us, we’re sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your career with us. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

7. "Good steady job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Sysco full-time

Pros

good pay, overtime,great benefits, everyday is a different day

Cons

long hours, different management, equipment hard to get a hold of.

September 1, 2020Director

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

8. "Benefits"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sysco is a great company with great benefits

Cons

sometimes we work long hours

July 22, 2020Director

9. COVID-19

"I was interviewing to return when the pandemic hit."

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Quality products, excellent benefits, 401k, ESPP, health, vision and dental care, takes good care of their employees, excellent training, decent commissions, potential upward mobility

Cons

Potentially long hours, lots of reporting, driving.

July 22, 2020Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed and valued your time at Sysco. We appreciate your contributions to the company and we wish you the best of luck in the future!

10. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Sysco full-time

Pros

Pay, you can keep a ehole family up

Cons

Long hours not much ti.e for family

June 10, 2020Director

We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you are enjoying your career with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 English Reviews