T. Rowe Price Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

T. Rowe Price Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2019

Found 764 reviews

3.8
T. Rowe Price CEO William J. Stromberg  (no image)
William J. Stromberg
  1. "Great place"

Former Employee - Security Engineer

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Great place, great team, great experience

Cons

Don't think there are any negatives

T. Rowe Price2019-09-20
  2. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in London, England

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

wonderful culture. Client focussed and associate friendly.

Cons

Thoughtful company but can be slow moving in technology. going through a lot of change regarding technology architecture

T. Rowe Price2019-09-19
  3. "Nice place to work post college"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn new skills People are nice

Cons

Have to spend at least a year on the phones before moving on A bit of micromanagement in phone department

T. Rowe Price2019-09-18
  4. "Thought I would retire there"

Former Employee - Helpline Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Your peers, benefits, pay, culture. I loved the people I worked with. There was about 90 of us in my dept and we all got along great. We would have monthly activities and games to win prizes. You were allowed to give points to other associates who deserved it so they could turn it into money. Their attendance was great because as long as you had time in your time bank you would not get in trouble if you needed to... leave early. The work that we did within the community was my fave part about working for T.Rowe. I was on several committees volunteering for the community and also committees for the associate’s events. T.Rowe tried to make work a fun place while still hitting our metrics.

Cons

Too much OT, not listening to associates ideas. If you work in 401k dept you have to be OK with working OT. They say it’s mandatory even though it’s really not. It is frowned upon though if you don’t contribute to most of the OT allotted for the week. Most of the time when they post for positions internally they already know who they want to fill that position but make other people apply.

Advice to Management

Make sure to take care of your team and be helpful to them. Sometime management came from other departments so all they knew how to do was manage a team VS Managing and assisting reps.

T. Rowe Price2019-09-15
  5. "Great Company Overall"

Current Employee - Client Development in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great benefits. Awesome coworkers and Supervisors. I’ve been around for some time and have seen a lot of ups and downs with the company. I am in a great spot now with really awesome supervisors who don’t micro manage, take the time to develop you and act like they’ve been there before. If you can get into Client Development (retail) do it. All departments should have this caliber of... leadership but it’s too bad that they don’t.

Cons

So much of the technology is dated and something seems to always be slow or just not working.

Advice to Management

I can’t stress enough what a pleasure it is to work somewhere with great management. Make sure to hire the right people who actually care about clients, the firm and the associate.

T. Rowe Price2019-09-06
  6. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work / Life Balance. Great culture.

Cons

Pay is low. No advancement for Administrative Assistants.

T. Rowe Price2019-09-14
  7. "Solid company with good benefits"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Solid company with good benefits and access to senior leadership. Also beautiful campus.

Cons

People stay a long time, so not a lot of jobs

Advice to Management

Remote work

T. Rowe Price2019-08-29
  8. "Cultural Shift"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The majority of employees are considered 'T Rowe Nice'. Continuous reorganizations resulting in new opportunities. Great firm for those individuals with less than 10 years experience in their field.

Cons

Shift in culture that supports lower salaries and less tenured individuals. Misalignment between HR/Diversity and Inclusion ideas/concepts and actual business unit practices within some areas of the firm.

Advice to Management

Monitor the personnel changes to ensure alignment with T Rowe Price's mission and vision. Align strategic objectives with targeted client/customer demographics. Revisit the lean management concepts, which are not intended to be staff reductions that merely save the firm money and create a culture of fear.

T. Rowe Price2019-09-11
  9. "Great company with room for improvement"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Built from a culture of integrity. People there really do care about their clients. My personal management history has been wonderful. Most of the employees are kind, helpful, and competent. T. Rowe is slowly starting to become more flexible with the work culture but still lagging.

Cons

Salary is on the lower end. A lot of room for more work flexibility (eg working from home, working hours that work best for your schedule and work load, not breaking out PTO by vacation vs sick days, etc).

T. Rowe Price2019-08-26
  10. "So much potential, but not quite there"

Former Employee - Product Owner in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people, wonderful legacy of a generous corporate culture, pockets of teams that are enjoyable to work with (but not the majority).

Cons

There is a lot of flux in leadership and not a unifying sense of direction to focus the organization. People hired for staff augmentation roles are treated as 2nd class citizens. PWC and higher priced vendors treated as demigods.

Advice to Management

You could benefit from the knowledge and wisdom your teams; you do not need to get advice from external vendors to take responsibility.

T. Rowe Price2019-09-06