TEKsystems Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 18 Jan 2021

4.2
TEKsystems President Jay Alvather
Jay Alvather
Pros
  • "great company great people enjoy working with them(in 153 reviews)

• "Positive experience with recruiter, site manager, account manager(in 137 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Business Analayst"

Current Employee - Busineess Analyst in Bangalore

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

"Good Work environment and work life balance" "Great people, always found me my next gig until I was hired permanent"

Cons

"Work life balance can be off at times" "Long hours, usually around 10 or 11 hours a day to be able to speak to people before or after their work day"

""Employee Friendly""

4.0
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Bangalore

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

"Work environment is healthy in all way" "Good company to work with"

Cons

"it's annoying to work long hours" "Pay scale is not sufficient"

"Just awful. No room for growth, no response to our concerns and worst of all no respect to employees."

1.0
    Former Contractor - Process Associate in Bangalore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TEKsystems for more than a year

Pros

Well the only thing that comes to my mind is that the salary is on time.

Cons

Where do I start? We were given empty promises regarding career advancement. There is no career advancement. We were treated like dirt by the client company (HP). When these concerns were raised, TEK systems did nothing about it. Nil. They don't even respond to your mails. Made to work long hours, not to mention odd hours with little to no benefit. No pay hike even after a year. Just the worst place possible to begin your career. Regret wasting a year of my life here.

Continue reading

"Good for a while for the right person"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TEKsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Opportunity to make money. I made a ton and I'm still don't think money makes up for everything. -Similar-minded and fun coworkers which made the job much more bearable. -You get to grow your professional network a ton working in recruiting.

Cons

-They treat the opportunity to make money like the holy grail (which for some people it is), but that's used as an excuse to expect (and even sometimes schedule) long hours and extreme micromanaging. This was a good job right out of school but the lack of employee empowerment and constantly growing quotas made it very tedious over time. -Terrible benefits makes me think the company is just money hungry and doesn't truly invest or care for employees. -loosely defined territories lead to infighting. Not sure if this is on purpose but it must be obvious to leadership as it happens constantly in every office.

5. "Good first job"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, decent support, good pay - TEKsystems is a great learning experience for anyone interested in sales or corporate experience in general. If you want to get into sales, this is a good first job that could turn into a career.

Cons

Long hours & a “grind” culture that can make it difficult to feel like you’re doing your best work. Very metric driven, room for growth is a bit siloed, and high turnover rates.

Continue reading

"Overall - positive experience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to earn high commission income. You can be flexible with your day (if you're hitting or exceeding your numbers you have a lot of flexibility). Can be a good culture. To be clear, the culture is progressive and you are able to really speak your mind in the office. You will end up drinking a lot more "casually" as you end up at a lot of happy hours. Can be fun and detrimental. Most employees are Type A personalities (go-getters, aggressive, producers). Company seems like it really takes care of you from the Leadership level. They try to do what's in everyone's best interest. There is a focus on Inclusion and Diversity. There is a focus on Health and Well-Being outside of the work place. You'll have the opportunity to do a lot of team-outings. Great rep in MOST markets.

Cons

You can end up working long hours (especially at the beginning of your career). Sometimes it takes a long time to see monetary rewards for your effort (Not all the time). Depending on the market you're in there can be a lot or little opportunity to grow your business. Culture can be overbearing for some, great for others. You will be involved in a lot of uncomfortable conversations (but that is the nature of the sales/recruiting role, not a direct reflection on the organization).

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Digital Account Manager in Hartford, CT

I worked at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

good culture, great training programs, foster growth, can be very lucrative, 99% promote from within

Cons

demanding, political, long hours all year round

8. "Salary"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

Unlimited commission available for recruiting and Am roles.

Cons

Stressful work and long hours.

9. "na"

Current Employee - TEKsystems in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

long hours, low base but good commission

10. "Awesome growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time

Pros

close tight-knit team that will have your back no matter what

Cons

cold calling, long hours, remote work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 137 Reviews