TRANSERA Communications Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

TRANSERA Communications Reviews

Found 10 reviews

2.8
Prem Uppaluru
  1. "Experiences as a tech lead at Bangalore"

Current Employee - Tech Leader in Bangalore

I have been working at TRANSERA Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great place to learn new tech. Self initiative is the key. Open source is highly encouraged and can be used in your current project. Minimum micro management. Allows the engineer to bring the best out of him / her,

Cons

Nothing significant. It would be great if employees from the US team visited the Bangalore office more often. Have more backups for the development team members

Advice to Management

Encourage certifications such as SCJP etc

TRANSERA Communications2013-01-27
  2. "Review of this call center solutions company"

Former Employee - Current Tech Lead in Bangalore

I worked at TRANSERA Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Background verification is not that strict, so you can be employed here.

Cons

Recession or no recession, there is absolutely no job security. Pay and hikes are way below industry standards for a start up with no job security. During recession entire Development team was fired. Bangalore center is full of gossip mongers this makes the environment very hostile, US team far ahead in this case. Bangalore center does not have a few basic facilities, if you are used to plush offices.

Advice to Management

Please learn to be clear and realistic in what you expect from employees.

TRANSERA Communications2013-03-16
  3. "Experience as a Tech lead in Transera."

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at TRANSERA Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Learning opportunities are somewhat OK.

Cons

Bangalore center is full of gossip mongers. No job security even when no recession, no brand name. Management doesn't show the company's profits, may be because its in a loss. Money meant to spend on employee trips, outing and team lunches is also eaten away at the management level. The office in Bangalore is not at all appealing. There is no cafeteria, they don't even have enough parking space. Pay...

Advice to Management

Do away with your ego, be employee friendly.

TRANSERA Communications2012-11-24
  4. "ok place"

I worked at TRANSERA Communications full-time

Pros

I really liked the benefits and work-life balance. It was nice. I enjoyed it there. The onsite hot tub was amazing. I also enjoyed the barber service.

Cons

Did not like mandatory weekend work. I did not like the foul smelling refrigerator that seemed to spawn new life forms. Company culture was similar to a funeral home.

Advice to Management

start removing roadblocks sooner. when apoplexy all quit at once, it may mean something is wrong. hard to say why the leadership team does not understand this

TRANSERA Communications2018-01-25
  5. "Great People, Strong Technology, Tough Market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at TRANSERA Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Ethical executives and management. Innovative, valuable technology.

Cons

Contact Center Infrastructure market is commodity-based. Customer Engagement Analytics is a nascent market.

Advice to Management

Stay focused.

TRANSERA Communications2015-09-16

"Low Pay"

Former Employee - Data Intern

I worked at TRANSERA Communications

Pros

Learned a lot Coworkers are supportive Ability to work from home (rarely) Interesting projects

Cons

Very meager on paying you. They pay you at minimum wage. Hardly any work to do

Advice to Management

Please don't offer a tech job at minimum wage.

TRANSERA Communications2015-03-15
  7. "Good company if you are self-motivated and have 1-3 years experience."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at TRANSERA Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours Friendly, inclusive coworkers Helpful team members, but you have to make the effort to ask questions. Good CEO with a good vision and understanding of industry needs - open to talking to all levels of employees.

Cons

Product Management is seriously lacking direction and input into what engineering does. Lacking capable marketing and sales personnel. No monthly one-on-one meetings or yearly reviews. So unless you are bold enough to initiate the "review" or "raise" conversation with your manager, you won't get one.

Advice to Management

Managers, take some time to talk to your employees and get some insight into what career aspirations they have or ideas they can offer about the Products being developed. Trust your employees to do the work you have assigned to them and to tell you if/when they are bored and need more / better work.

TRANSERA Communications2014-08-21

"Great upper mgmt, some really talented people, but highly dysfunctional place"

I worked at TRANSERA Communications full-time

Pros

- The Founders are very experienced/talented/focused people and I think knowing them was the best thing to happen while I worked there - Some other good talent they have managed to keep (very few)

Cons

- too Dysfunctional for a 50 people company - too corporate - mind you- this is NOT startup culture - too many meetings, but teams don't talk between each other much. - no prioritization of work. everything needs to happen now and quality checks are often overlooked. End product is often a good idea poorly implemented. - couldn't figure out what made me proud to work there for the years I worked there.

Advice to Management

bring some energy to the culture, communicate more with the employees, listen to them more often

TRANSERA Communications2013-08-28
  9. "Good place to learn"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at TRANSERA Communications

Pros

Acquire knowledge, very good seniors.

Cons

Work is hectic, if you enjoy the challenges, it will not be a "Con".

Advice to Management

None

TRANSERA Communications2012-02-12
  10. "Learning only based on self initiative. Terrible engineering management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at TRANSERA Communications

Pros

Small company ,has wide unrestricted areas of growth all solely based on self initiative.I personally had a chance to work with a few excellent minds.

Cons

Terrible engineering management ruled by egos , the Indian management in the hands of gossip mongers with no objective thinking , good work not encouraged and also underplayed due to insecurity. Constant job threat recession or not.No employee respect.

Advice to Management

High time for the senior management to wake up and uproot the few undesirable elements causing massive damage.

TRANSERA Communications2011-10-06