TaskUs Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 21 January 2019
1,189 reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"A shiny apple but it's deadly on the inside."

Former Employee - Email Support in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I worked at TaskUs (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive. For a Non Voice. Not stressful job but you need to put attention on every details. Facilties Are great also. It's has the best facilities in BPO.

Cons

Bad Management. Supervisors will not help you if you missed a punch in your time log.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate.

26 Dec 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback and for your positive comments on our offices. We take pride in providing an industry leading work environment for our teammates. However, I apologize that you've had a bad... More

2. "Teammate"

Current Employee - Teammate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Teammate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, friendly team, good tools

Cons

Work is what you make of it, you can find fault everywhere if that is what you are looking for

"Operations team"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at TaskUs (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks for employees, solid sense of caring for employee well being from many executives (not all), pay is competitive.

Cons

Way too much blatant favoritism, very reactive environment, too much "looking the other way" with key employees which creates morale issues, heavy focus on "Have fun" without the right business focus on working hard, driving accountability to achieve what clients are paying for! All the talk about work/life balance is just talk, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Run it like a business and stop trying overly hard to just be a fun place to work. Clients deserve better!

17 Dec 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. Being a best place to work where we put our employees first is key to how we operate, but at the end of the day, you're right, we are also here to... More

4. "Ridiculously Good Workplace and Culture"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Workplace and Environment
    Culture
    Attendance Policy
    Compensation and Benefits
    Management
    Leaders
    People First Organization

Cons

None so far because TaskUs is doing great!

Advice to Management

Keep on being ridiculously good!

"I left corporate for this?"

Former Employee - Operations in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Operations in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the time I joined TaskUs, I had heard about all the growth this company had experienced and was excited to be a part of it. They had the growth they stated and have potential to keep adding and maintaining new lines of business if they can implement some much needed processes and resources. The frontline employees really do matter and have a voice.

Cons

The leadership and organization is extremely reactive when it comes to problem solving. They’ve gotten so used to “putting out fires” at The Grid, but senior leadership has no strategic long term planning capabilities. I can express my disappointment in my lack of onboarding, lack of support and lack of true development from my leadership team. “Do More With Less” can only go so far when your staff in different departments are drowning in tasks. They haven’t been able to maintain HR staff, IT staff, and any kind of leadership in operations. They’ve also lost several lines of business, and the execution of the delivery of news, to rehoming was so unorganized and (again) no strategy was in place. There have also been serious issues that have taken place on site and when brought up to upper management, was told “this is the BPO business “ and it was not given another thought. Several issues with parking lot safety for the staff. Constantly broken chairs and equipment. Coaching days are a joke and are for face value. It also really is about office politics and who you know- those that are well liked by management get favored. Health benefits were extremely expensive and not comprehensive. Internal reporting is constantly having system issues or inaccurate. They used to be about promoting from within, but those days are long gone. No work life balance - unlimited PTO is a pipe dream. Crowded noisy spaces, but not everyone can work in that environment.

Advice to Management

Most of leaders who are in place, were placed in their roles out of necessity to accommodate the fast growth but were never properly developed. Many also lack emotional intelligence and are stuck on managing out with corrective actions only. Also, many of the team members here are going through real life trauma, family and health situations without the necessary support or resources and the EAP can only go so far- get your people the training and resources they need to truly be happy, helpful and healthy employees. Change starts from the top and it funnels to the rest of the organization. Your leaders need career progression plans and training, your HR needs online structure and support. Bringing in consulting vendors is a great start, but some one needs to own the follow through for action to take place. Business internal reporting needs to be looked at- way to many issues and errors with the tools that are supposed to make the job easier. I would not recommend anyone leave a job for TaskUs in its current state and I hope you can do better for future talent you bring in. Also, for your introverted people and adhd/autistic team members, you need to create some areas to decompress and provide less sensory stimulation. The noise level is intense all day long.

11 Dec 2018 – CEO

Thank you for providing your feedback. I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Our goal is to ensure we create and maintain a world class leadership culture. While rapid growth definitely has... More

6. "aweosome place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I have been working at TaskUs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

everything they have to offer

Cons

some issues with management in chateau specially in one ride sharing campaign

"It really depends on your working preference"

I worked at TaskUs full-time

Pros

Great culture. You may meet many lifetime friend. They promote really quickly.

Cons

No consideration for personal time. Some of the leadership teams have been given positions due to how social/friendly they are instead of actually being rightful of being a leader.

17 Dec 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Work-life balance is something that is very important to us and as such, we offer industry leading time off policies. Having leadership that are well... More

8. "Amazing team and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at TaskUs full-time

Pros

Loved the energy, the care the CEO and president show for the employees and the flexibility. Definitely a “work hard, have fun” environment. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

Work life balance can be improved.

"'Obnoxious'"

Former Employee - Support
    Former Employee - Support

Pros

The location of the Grid.

Cons

'Core values'? , reactive and deceptive culture, absolutely no follow through on any growth based initiatives and no solid leadership- it's all about who's good books you're in. You also get promoted based on how well you are brainwashed in believing what a fabulous company you are working for, instead of meeting your KPI and actually getting assessed quarterly on your performance basis. As long as you can talk the talk, you're good to go. I would definitely not leave a job to work here.

8 Jan 2019 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I apologize for the negative experience you had at TaskUs. We are a heavily goal based organization, from executives down to our front line... More

"High potential but.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cavite, Cavite City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cavite, Cavite City (Philippines)

I worked at TaskUs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was hired in 2015, I must admit that I was not impressed with the office in Cavite. But as days passed, I saw the plans they had to expand and be something different. Fast forward to 2018, the company has grown tremendously. Impressive indeed!

Cons

I only stayed for a week with TaskUs mainly because of the salary. When I accepted the offer, it was a desperate move on my end because I was let go by my former company due to redundancy and I badly need a job. I grabbed the first offer presented to me. The offer given to me was waaaaay below market based on my experience and expertise. I accepted more than 50% cut from my last salary. When I got a call from another company with a much better offer, I jumped ship because the salary I accepted with TaskUs was, IMPO, not fair with what I could bring/contribute to the company. Honestly, I expected they would counter. I hoped they would because I wanted to stay and grow with them. Unfortunately, they let me go without a fight.

Advice to Management

Bryce, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you. I sent you a note via LinkedIn when I was looking for a job. You immediately referred me to the head of TA, at that time. On my last day in TaskUs, you were actually there in the TA area. My advice, have a serious look at your offers if it is competitive in the market, across all levels and skills. Yes, it's great to invest in infrastructure, marketing campaigns and the like but I know you would agree that the best investment is with people. I am happy to see how TaskUs has grown to what it is now. Kudos to you and your team!

10 Dec 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and I really appreciate your candid advice. You're right, I 100% agree with you that the best investment is with our people, that's how we built TaskUs... More