Taskrabbit Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.9
Taskrabbit CEO Stacy Brown-Philpot
Stacy Brown-Philpot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 100% flexible schedule ( TASK When you want, where you want in major cities , choose the region of your city that you want to work in) (in 8 reviews)

• It's a way to make snack money if you are absolutely in desperate need (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Switched model to take 30% from both new AND returning clients (in 9 reviews)

• Task Rabbit support staff doesn't really care about your side of situations and they are very hard to get in touch with (in 7 reviews)

1. "Side income assembling furniture"

I have been working at Taskrabbit part-time

Pros

Independent job that allows me to set my own availability

Cons

Taskrabbit takes 30% of what the client pays.

"OK, but fragile"

Former Employee - Tasker in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Tasker in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Taskrabbit part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a good amount of scheduling freedom, and a decent hourly wage even for simple tasks like assembling furniture.

Cons

The 30% commission Taskrabbit is ridiculous, especially considering they give little support when you have an issue. I had a client who contested my fee, lost his appeal, then gave me a bad review. It was early on, so It hurt my percentage a lot and now I can't get tasks. I contacted the support email about what I could do to mitigate the situation, but received no reply.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your taskers as disposable cash cows. For a company that heralds neighborship and the so called shareconomy, your business model is clearly designed to exploit the workers and send as much money as possible to the top of the ladder.

"Incredible family; great place for accelerated experience."

I worked at Taskrabbit full-time

Pros

Taskrabbit has an incredible family of individuals working on some of the most interesting problems in the gig economy. It’s a rare place where "high ownership" over process, product and business is not a cliche phrase but an everyday reality. It’s a place impact can be easily realized, and you can gain accelerated experience that would take years elsewhere.

Cons

The company is still a start-up at heart, which can be attractive (see pros above) or incredibly challenging. You’ll have to decide if it fits you, but may not be for all. The recent acquisition will provide a more robust platform, so may minimize those challenges somewhat.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the user, and keep the strong culture!

5. "Tasker Operations: Recruiting"

I have been working at Taskrabbit part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, and coworkers.

Cons

Unnecessarily stressful, work beyond your means, under-appreciated, undervalued.

Advice to Management

Care about all of your employees as human beings. Divide the work evenly, hire more people.

"Independent Contractor"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor

I have been working at Taskrabbit part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great supplemental income. I add an easy $1,500+ per month. 100% flexible schedule ( TASK When you want, where you want in major cities , choose the region of your city that you want to work in).

Cons

Their is a fee taken from your total TASK payout 《☆ HOWEVER ☆》 the average rate per hour that you charge your clients counter-effects this & you still can make $16. hr +. Pay your quarterly taxes .

Advice to Management

Lower the 30% deduction to 15% .

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Taskrabbit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture of really nice people. Its one of the friendliest places I've ever worked.
    Good pay and benefits are better than most companies: paid lunches, lots of PTO, great insurance.
    The company is growing and will likely be one of the few on demand platforms to be able to sustain itself.
    The exec team is very transparent regarding financials and strategy.
    For engineers there is a diversity of things to work on. Great place to level up.

Cons

It's a dynamic environment with an aggressive focus on improvement. If you want to settle into a relaxed job, this may not be the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay approachable and take feedback.

"Waste of time"

I have been working at Taskrabbit part-time

Pros

Had to put a pro so this is my pro

Cons

So it comes to my attention that it is a complete waste of time and they take your 20$ to sign up and they don't even accept you application. My advice to anyone do not even waste your time with task tabbit

Advice to Management

If your getting so many application atleast take the time to hire in not refund the application money

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Taskrabbit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TaskRabbit has a great mission of helping under employed people. Good people, strong culture.

Cons

Product strategy was a bit confused when I was there, but it seems like the company has been on a tear since.

"The best people I've ever worked with... trying to do a hard thing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Taskrabbit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was an engineer with TaskRabbit for 4 years.

The team TaskRabbit (TR) has assembled is one of the kindest & smartest groups of people I've ever worked with. I'm a shy person, but I ended my time there with quite a few friends and close to a big group of people I respect and trust.

TaskRabbit is trying a very hard thing. Compared to all the competitors in the space, they treated the Taskers (workers/contractors) with the most respect & support of any company the sector. The Product is centered around the notion of giving them a choice (when to work / where to work / how much to charge, etc), rather than shoe-horning them into negative relationship **cough** Uber **cough**. There are legal limits to what TaskRabbit can to do support the Taskers, but they’ve always tried to raise the bar. TaskRabbit has even started trying to work with government to change the laws to enable them to offer Tasker things like health care, etc.

For a startup, the benefits are on-point (salary, health care, 401-k (no match), etc). You get a trendy SOMA office, new computers to use, free lunch, etc. If you care about diversity, and you should, TR is a great place to work. They’s got one of the better ratios in San Francisco (gender, race, age, etc). TR walks the line of having a good work-life balance with a passion for the product. Folks rarely work on nights/weekend, but if there’s a project deadline looming, folks will happily chip in.

As an engineer, I think our ~15 person product team was managed well, and we all had input into the direction of what we were building. We got to influence the product roadmap, have hack-days which really did birth new products/partnerships, etc. We had a fair balance of time to work on ‘tech debt’ with new features. We had the ability to upgrade our tools, and ensure that we used the “best tool available”, within reason. We always used new versions of Rails, were one of the first react-native apps, etc. Heck, we even won an Apple design award for our iOS app.

Cons

TaskRabbit a startup, and startups are hard. By definition, startups are risky endeavors doing an uncertain thing... with the possibility of big rewards down the road. Many of the other reviews on this site seem to forget this. Obviously, TR won't pay as much as Google or Apple will, and yes TaskRabbit had some road-bumps along the way (I was there for the "marketplace pivot" and a round of layoffs), but that is how experimenting works! This adventure is why you join a startup trying to do something hard. And yes, changing America’s relationship to domestic labor and creating equitable jobs for a lower-skilled temporary workforce is *hard*. I've worked for quite a few startups, and TaskRabbit handles the above with a clarity and openness that’s rare in Silicon Valley. That said… don’t expect smooth sailing at any startup, and that includes TaskRabbit.

As far as the Engineering/Product team is concerned, it is a small group with big dreams. There will *always* be ideas that won’t make the cut, and won’t be worked on. Most of the time TR made the right choice on what to prioritize, but sometimes they didn’t.

TaskRabbit is a small company with only ~50 full-time employees. With that in mind, career advancement can be difficult. If you want to end up as a Director/Manager, and there’s no one to manage… you might be out of luck.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency! TaskRabbit is a startup trying to do something hard. There will be experiments, there will successes, and there will be failures. That is how the process should be, and that's the core of the adventure, and what joining a startup is all about. Transparency into the decision making process is key so everyone is involved and there are no surprises. As companies mature, perceived risk increases, and it's easy to loose sight of this.

11. "Customer Support Specialist"

Pros

-Free lunch
    -Dog-friendly workplace
    -Interesting job, different/ unique situations every day

Cons

-Low pay
    -Not too many areas for advancement

Advice to Management

Higher pay will allow employees to stay longer.