The Clorox Company Reviews

3.9
The Clorox Company Chair and Chief Executive Officer Benno Dorer
Benno Dorer
Pros
Cons
  • "Decision making can be slow at times and hope will improve(in 49 reviews)

• "Encourage work/life balance, but not really enforced based on workload given(in 23 reviews)

1. "Structures Processes"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well structured processes, clear direction and roles/responsibilities.

Cons

The roles can be constricting if you like to work an environment where you have the opportunity to participate in helping different orgs with their project deliverables. The projects can also be repetitive.

2. "Great Company Overall"

Current Employee - Assistant Partnership Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are kind, work life balance is a priority for most teams.

Cons

Very slow pace, difficult to change the status quo

June 15, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback, which we shared with the appropriate leaders. Our IGNITE strategy depends on us working simpler, faster, bolder and more inclusively, so please keep sharing your ideas. Together, we will find better (and faster) ways to work.

3. "Amazing culture!"

Former Employee - Corporate Quality Assurance Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity for growth Great Leadership Learning environment Strong values

Cons

Some times the matrix organization does not support the decision making process

June 11, 2020

We are glad you had a good experience working at the Clorox Company, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

4. "Excellent company culture; great brands!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company culture, great co-workers, solid work-life balance in many places within the company

Cons

There's generally a lack of good people managers within Brand marketing; people rotate so quickly that there's not as much continuity; no direct P&L management until senior (Director) levels

May 21, 2020

Thank you for providing this feedback, which we’ve shared with the appropriate leaders. We know great people managers are an essential part of a great work experience. That’s why we’ve invested in things like our year long Learn & Lead manager development program, inclusion initiatives like Breaking Bias, Marketing Nation monthly manager meetings and other learning opportunities to support people managers so they can better support you. Change doesn’t happen overnight, but we will get there.

5. "World Class Org"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability, locations, learning, quality people

Cons

Slow progress, not very creative

May 11, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback. We’ve shared your comments with the appropriate leaders. One of our key choices in our IGNITE strategy is about working simpler, faster, bolder and more inclusively. Please keep speaking up and share your creative ideas. Change can take time, but we will get there if all us keep pushing for better ways to work.

6. "Terrible"

1.0
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Spring Hill, KS

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was good but that's it.

Cons

They were 2 short staffed to train me. I was barely even on the machine I was suppose to train on. They constantly had me do busy work such as sweeping instead of training me. The machines constantly broke down. They hired a tiny female to move and manipulate equipment like film rolls over a hundred pounds without the machine that rolls it onto the the other equipment. Most of the people were on their phones or computer instead of helping me. They were highly inappropriate with each other. The temp service is so they don't have to provide you with any benefits etc. If you get hurt in the slightest way not even because of being careless they fire you as another employee said. If your not part of the click the managers treat you like a step child.

June 18, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback. We’re disappointed you’ve had a bad experience and have shared your review with leaders. We consider safety a core value, and training people to do their jobs well a top priority. We encourage you to share your experience and your ideas with your manager and/or contact HR@clorox.com to share more specific feedback.

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - IT Vendor Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee health care plan is very good

Cons

Decentralized organization with multiple stakeholders

April 27, 2020

8. "-"

Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Ciudad de México
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work - life balance during that time

Cons

Slow moving, without standards and not challenging

April 27, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback, and we will share your comments with the appropriate leaders. One of our key choices in our IGNITE strategy is about working simpler, faster, bolder and more inclusively. If you have additional details you think would be helpful, please email HR@Clorox.com, and we will follow up with you.

9. COVID-19

"unsafe work enviorment"

Current Employee - Filling Machine Operator in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

If times were normal this is usually a great job and a great company

Cons

in the midst of all this corona outbreak, I feel it is unsafe especially for someone like myself with a weak immune system to be forced to travel back and forth to work in this virus!! we have had someone test positive i was told i could take an unpaid leave of absence if i was that worried but i would be required to use all my vacation and personal time first, its only april, meaning that once all this clears up i would have to work the rest of the year with no vacation personal or sick time just to try an protect myself and my children from getting sick i feel like the only reason we are being deemed essential is because we have the clorox name but this is burts bees this lip balm and lotion is high dollar and people are going to go after the cheaper brands before this one, why are we still being forced to come to work.

April 20, 2020

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We know this has been an anxious time, and we recognize everyone has a unique situation they’re managing. We’ve had all employees who can, work from home. For those who do need to conduct essential work onsite, we’ve taken a number of safety precautions – temperature screenings, enhanced disinfection protocols, social distancing, staggered shifts, and protective equipment. Importantly, anyone who is not comfortable being onsite has a choice, and can work with their manager and HR on things like a flexible work schedule or use sick, vacation, personal time and unpaid time off. We sincerely appreciate all the work you and the other 8,800 people are doing to serve our communities who rely on our products in their daily lives. For example, Burt’s Bees provides personal hygiene products that are paramount to protecting families—soaps, cleansers, moisturizers, and baby care products in particular. And through the Burt’s Bees brand, we’re giving people natural options to support their wellness choices. If you would like to discuss your situation further, we encourage you to reach out to your manager. Thanks for everything you’re doing to make a difference to consumers and communities

10. COVID-19

"Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brands and very dedicated employees. CEO has shown great leadership in the current pandemic. Very supportive of the employees and their health and safety.

Cons

Senior Leadership is out of touch, or chooses to ignore that salaries/benefits for the Bay area are low. There is a tremendous amount of work that goes into working for this CPG company with its large portfolio. Marketing leadership is way too disconnected to its people running the day to day business. Too many silos and chaos.

April 20, 2020

Thanks for making time to provide this feedback, which we are sharing with the appropriate leaders. A big part of our IGNITE strategy is working simpler, faster and bolder. We hope you’ll share your ideas with your manager when you see better ways of working.

Found 794 reviews