The Connor Group Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Sep 12, 2019

5.0
The Connor Group CEO Larry Connor
Larry Connor

"3 years later - Still the best decision I made!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Today is my 3-year anniversary with The Connor Group, so it seems an appropriate time to reflect on my career and the company I've chosen. This is a place where you can really "feel" success. We are a performance-driven culture. Numbers matter. Results matter. Attitude matters. When you kill it at work, someone's going to notice. We are loud about recognition. We throw parties, roll out the red carpet, give... ridiculously big awards, buy gifts for people they'd never buy themselves (hello Louis Vuitton bag, hello hot tub, hello trip to Ireland!) It's one of my favorite parts of working here - and something I've not seen any other company replicate. And this culture of winning and winners, well, it attracts more winners, which produces more winning. And that's my next favorite thing about working here - I get to spend my days with winners...with people better than me. They make me want to be better, do better, achieve more, grow more. And when you work for a company that wins a lot, you get to do so many amazing, wonderful things that most companies don't attempt because they're hard. At The Connor Group, when we hear the word "impossible," we're all in. Because when someone tells us it can't be done, it's game on. Challenge accepted. We roll up our sleeves and get to work. And yes, sometimes we fail. But we learn from it and we find a different path. If you're looking for a career that will push you, challenge you, develop you, and test the limits of what you thought possible, this might be the place.

Cons

Honestly, I hate reading reviews that say "There's no downside to working here - this place is great." Let's be real. There are always trade-offs. At TCG, the thing to know is that you will work harder than you've probably ever worked before. And in many cases, that means longer hours at the office than you may be accustomed. If you're just looking for a paycheck, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking... for a place where you can roll in at 9 a.m., put your earbuds in, and surf the Internet all day, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a career that empowers you to act like an owner, that demands excellence every single day, that lets YOU - not some arbitrary pay band based on tenure - determine how far you'll go, The Connor Group might deserve a look. We promote Partners from all levels of the organization - not just the suits in the C-Suite (I mean, we technically don't even have a C-Suite). We have Groundskeepers, Sales Associates and Executive Assistants on our Partner roster. Every single one of them holds an ownership stake in our business - and they directly financially benefit when we execute our systems.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture we've built over the last 25 years. It's one of the key reasons we've achieved this level of success. Continue listening to associates at all levels of the organization, and acting on feedback that will make our company even better.

The Connor Group2019-09-12

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Director of Analytics

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in several industries, and consulting with many companies throughout my career, The Connor Group is an ELITE work environment. Since day one, I have been welcomed with open arms as part of the team. The longer I work here, the more excited I am about working for The Connor Group!

Cons

I do not have any

Advice to Management

I'm extremely grateful for the openness and training provided to help get me up to speed!

The Connor Group2019-09-10

"Flexible, Open-Door policy, and High Accountability"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Not meeting-focused: meetings are short and with purpose with clear deliverables set. - Flexibility and Trust: they trust their employees to get the job done and are flexible with hours - High Accountability: they set clear and actionable expectations and hold people accountable for meeting their deliverables

Cons

- They could use some updates to the benefits

The Connor Group2019-09-05

September 10, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the feedback! Please send me your suggested updates to our benefits!

"You can't do better than The Connor Group!"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked for The Connor Group for over 13 years and it just keeps getting better and better! The progress the company has made over all these years is amazing and it's because of the People - at all levels, from leadership roles to maintenance techs to sales to customer service roles......it's a team- company wide effort and the best part is we are continually recognized for our contributions, no task or... impact is too small to recognized. PEOPLE COUNT here and we are always taking it to the next level!

Cons

You need to be high energy, high performing or you will not fit in with our company! It's not a con, just who we are!

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in great people and promoting those who've earned it!

The Connor Group2019-03-21

April 5, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

No, you really cannot! Thank you for your feedback!

"Unbelievable opportunity for people who want to be the best"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company makes sure you FEEL success. You're part of a winning team. For those who excel, there is no glass ceiling. You can feel great about helping the company achieve its financial goals, because a percentage is going to help disadvantaged kids through The Connor Group Kids and Community Partners.

Cons

The culture isn't for everyone. Some people would rather have a job than a career. The Connor Group isn't for those people.

The Connor Group2019-03-20

April 5, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Appreciate the feedback!

"Thank you!"

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am coming up on my 2-year anniversary, and the experience is exactly what I had hoped. Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, you end up living the core values. Your focus becomes the company and those around you. Making your peers successful; you become successful, Accountability becomes your friend and guides you in building something larger than yourself. No, matter your age, position, or... education, when you strive to better something you do not become weary, and success is all around. By living the core values, I have had the opportunity to experience career and personal growth and enjoy success for the department and myself.

Cons

Those who make The Connor Group successful put in many hours and have high expectations placed upon them, how you handle those situations determines your path. If you are not confident in your abilities or do not have a strong support system, this may not be the right opportunity.

Advice to Management

Stay focused, continue to build relationships with associates across the board.

The Connor Group2018-10-17

February 21, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Appreciate your feedback and congrats on your 2 year anniversary!

Found 6 reviews