The Connor Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Larry Connor
  1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Lead in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Truly take care of people

Cons

Not a con. But you must be willing to work hard and be a self starter

The Connor Group2019-10-09
  2. "Great company with an amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Central Office Associate

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's great to be surrounded by high achievers that are striving towards the same goals together. I always feel challenged in my role, and I love the fast paced atmosphere. You really do have the opportunity to be promoted based upon your performance. I have personally experienced it several times throughout my career and have witnessed it countless times for others too. People count!

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

The Connor Group2019-10-09
  3. "Development, Leadership and Doing the Right Thing"

Current Employee - Pcm in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

-Culture -Growth There are endless growth opportunities- There is no direct path either. The company will continue to develop your strengths and layer additional responsibilities as you grow! -Leadership/Development You're going to work with THE most talented, veteran and committed individuals in our business. The guidance, leadership and mentorship that The Connor Group provides is second to none. -Work/Life... Balance The company is constantly changing in order to develop additional ways to provide their people with a more balanced personal and professional life. You'll never miss holidays with your family again- THIS meant everything to me. -Salary The pay is more than competitive. There are always additional opportunities to bonus and the benefits are ranked in the top 1% across all industries. Excellent dental, vision and medical.

Cons

Non-Retail Hours- this doesn't mean that you won't work 12 hour days and this doesn't mean that you won't work 60 hour weeks SOMETIMES- but, it's all in your control, if you want to work 9-6, run a good business :)

4. "Greata company"

Current Employee - Partner in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Anyone can get ahead from any department or job level

Cons

It's either the best place you'll work or the worst

Advice to Management

Don't change

The Connor Group2019-10-09

"Excellent company with an amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has taught me to become a better leader and motivator. If you love to work hard, have extreme ownership, are a problem solver and want to grow within your company, this is the place for you! The people and the culture are the best! Benefits are amazing as well!

Cons

None I can think of.

The Connor Group2019-10-02

"Amazing, Fun Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging, rewarding, fun, successful and an overall great atmosphere

Cons

I have yet to experience any cons of working at The Connor Group

The Connor Group2019-09-30

"An organization with a culture that is second to none!"

Current Employee - Chief of Staff in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People Count- it's easy to say this, but to live it day in and day out by continuously rewarding high achievers is a truly unique part of the culture. Amazing and like-minded colleagues. Accomplish the impossible. Everyday is something new.

Cons

Work/life balance can be difficult at times, but the good things about this company far outweigh the negative.

The Connor Group2019-09-12

"3 years later - Still the best decision I made!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Today is my 3-year anniversary with The Connor Group, so it seems an appropriate time to reflect on my career and the company I've chosen. This is a place where you can really "feel" success. We are a performance-driven culture. Numbers matter. Results matter. Attitude matters. When you kill it at work, someone's going to notice. We are loud about recognition. We throw parties, roll out the red carpet, give... ridiculously big awards, buy gifts for people they'd never buy themselves (hello Louis Vuitton bag, hello hot tub, hello trip to Ireland!) It's one of my favorite parts of working here - and something I've not seen any other company replicate. And this culture of winning and winners, well, it attracts more winners, which produces more winning. And that's my next favorite thing about working here - I get to spend my days with winners...with people better than me. They make me want to be better, do better, achieve more, grow more. And when you work for a company that wins a lot, you get to do so many amazing, wonderful things that most companies don't attempt because they're hard. At The Connor Group, when we hear the word "impossible," we're all in. Because when someone tells us it can't be done, it's game on. Challenge accepted. We roll up our sleeves and get to work. And yes, sometimes we fail. But we learn from it and we find a different path. If you're looking for a career that will push you, challenge you, develop you, and test the limits of what you thought possible, this might be the place.

Cons

Honestly, I hate reading reviews that say "There's no downside to working here - this place is great." Let's be real. There are always trade-offs. At TCG, the thing to know is that you will work harder than you've probably ever worked before. And in many cases, that means longer hours at the office than you may be accustomed. If you're just looking for a paycheck, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking... for a place where you can roll in at 9 a.m., put your earbuds in, and surf the Internet all day, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking for a career that empowers you to act like an owner, that demands excellence every single day, that lets YOU - not some arbitrary pay band based on tenure - determine how far you'll go, The Connor Group might deserve a look. We promote Partners from all levels of the organization - not just the suits in the C-Suite (I mean, we technically don't even have a C-Suite). We have Groundskeepers, Sales Associates and Executive Assistants on our Partner roster. Every single one of them holds an ownership stake in our business - and they directly financially benefit when we execute our systems.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture we've built over the last 25 years. It's one of the key reasons we've achieved this level of success. Continue listening to associates at all levels of the organization, and acting on feedback that will make our company even better.

The Connor Group2019-09-12

"A Culture that Promotes Excellence"

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been working at The Connor Group for almost 8 years now. While my roles and responsibilities may have changed throughout the years, one thing has remained constant. The culture that I fell in love with in the beginning of my career here is still going strong. I know I can come into work every day and feel motivated to be the best at what I do. I care about the level of excellence in my work because I see my... fellow associates also giving it their all each and every day.

Cons

Nothing to complain about here. This place isn't for everyone, but that's what makes it great.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide more communication to associates with a detailed approach.

The Connor Group2019-09-17
  10. "High-energy workplace with room for advancement"

Current Employee - Marketing in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Cares about employees - Great benefits - Strong company culture - Fast-paced - Opportunities to advance - Office dogs!

Cons

TCG has high standards of excellence, commitment, and accountability. While some thrive on that, it's definitely not for everyone. You have to be willing to invest your time and energy to succeed here.

The Connor Group2019-09-20