The Connor Group Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Oct 20, 2019

3.9
The Connor Group CEO Larry Connor
Larry Connor
  1. "Great Job for Hard Workers!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked for the Connor Group for less than a year, but I can tell already this is a really great place to work. I came from retail which meant lots of long hours and holidays away from my family during the crazy Thanksgiving and Christmas season. I was looking for a new job to get out of retail and the Conner Group was a great fit for me. I got a great signing bonus when I joined and I was surprised by how... intense and thorough their training program is. They make sure you understand everything before you get started with being in charge of sales, which I appreciate. There are some really big goals they set before you each month, but if you hit them you can expect some pretty incredible reward and recognition. I've see people get incredible designer handbags and that only motivates me to work even harder so I can hit my goals too.

Cons

There are some long hours and days, but that is easily avoided if you are organized and plan your day well. There are very strict guidelines and systems in place that have made the company successful over the years and you have to be willing to buy into them and follow them to a "T" in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with strong, proven systems and rewarding and recognizing employees along the way!

The Connor Group2019-10-21
  2. "Outstanding people and culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at TCG you truly surround yourself with excellent people that strive for greatness with very positive attitudes. Working here you are truly rewarded left and right for our hard work. Amazing place to work! 100% recommend if your a hard worker and are ready to strive for greatness everyday!

Cons

At TCG you will work harder than you have ever worked before, but someone is there every step of the way to make sure if you are putting in the work you will succeed.

The Connor Group2019-09-20

"The Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Health Insurance -Flexible Schedule -Work Environment -Holiday & PTO -Opportunity to Grow in Company

Cons

I do not have any!

The Connor Group2019-09-10

"The Best Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Health Insurance -Work Flexibility -Opportunity to Grow in the Company

Cons

I do not have any cons!

The Connor Group2019-09-09

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reward & Recognition Culture

Cons

Long hours Long commute Sometimes stressful

The Connor Group2019-08-16

September 10, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Appreciate the feedback!

6. "ok job"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

possibility for commission each month

Cons

Lack of consistency with management and company standards

Advice to Management

work harder to keep the good employees happy, and keeping favorites as a social status

The Connor Group2019-08-30

September 10, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Appreciate your feedback, please send me specifics (cjemo@connorgroup.com) so we can look into and improve where necessary.

"Not A Job if You Care About People"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at the property I shadowed at for my day in the field was very welcoming and positive. The pay is very competitive.

Cons

Within the first two days of working there one of the employees pulled me into a room and vented to me about how little The Connor Group cares about its tenants. An associate openly racially profiled people coming to tour the apartments “I’m not trying to sound racist, but I know their type can’t afford these”. They told me throughout the interview process that they’d work with me and place me at the most... appropriate property based on my distance, then proceeded to place me at the farthest possible location a week before my start date more than doubling my commute. They talk about their extensive 4 week training program, but then had me on the phone making calls on my 2nd day with zero knowledge of their property. From what I gathered in my short time there The Connor Group cares about filling up apartments and then selling and moving on.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured training process, I maybe got 2 hours worth of actual training time because my “trainer” is just another sales rep who was busy with their own stuff. Do a better job of taking care of the property and tenants. Multiple employees came forward to me telling me about how issues never get fixed or solved, that the property doesn’t get cleaned as much as it should, and how work orders will just... get forgotten about.

The Connor Group2019-07-10

"They don’t like you for you"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay Commissions Being able to meet cool people (in the apartments not company )

Cons

Management. They don’t care about you how hard you work or what you have going on they’re all about the money for the business.

The Connor Group2019-06-28

"Great as a starter job not realistic for the long term"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy to get hired friends come easily you can make some really good bonuses on comission and incentives if you're good you build some good relationships with residents Teaches you time management

Cons

Fake, you have to ask friends and family to give google reviews because actual residents hate this company. Same thing with glassdoor. They run prize raffles for 5 star ratings on glassdoor. VERY political, the company prides itself on not being and that might be the case at the central office but you work on a team of 5-10 people and if you're not buddy buddy with your supervisors you’re not getting anywhere... with this company, but on the plus side if you are friends with your boss you'll get promoted or rewarded even if you're bad at your job. Extremely stressful, you'll be required to work well over 40 hours and then get yelled at for going into overtime. You're discouraged from taking time off in order to hit goals. There is no work life balance, even on your days off you will be getting calls from your coworkers. Be prepared to have to work 7+ days in a row. Every one in the company is like this too. You have no support system because every one has more than enough on their own plate that it is impossible to get help. Even for simple questions your manager may snap at you because he/she is so stressed from the insane amount of work given. The apartments are embarrassing to show. You can tell your manager a unit is dirty or not ready and they will still list it as move in ready. Carpets are stained and matted, cleaning is basically just touch up cleaning. Turn over is off the charts. They pride themselves on how the company is a lifestyle and not a career but they dont allow their employees to have lives. If they offer you a sign on bonus don't take it. Most people don't stick around longer than a couple months and then you'll have to pay back the bonus. They trick the good employees by offering them gifts called reward and recognition which basically means for months of hard work you can get a new pair of shoes. They don't managed their associates and just let them fail if they are struggling. As soon as someone leave the company all blame goes on that person. No one ever holds themselves accountable its always person who is no longer with the company's fault. Very toxic environment. Most of the associates are extremely unqualified. Horrible customer service, I have seen property managers get mad at residents and instead of working towards a solution they will just ban them from the office (which looses you a sale when they come up for rerent). Sales associates can't even fully explain a lease or the billing system. There are so many systems and practices to make sure you are doing everything the right way but if you get sales a shady way they wont care. As long as you get sales is all that matters. It makes being a good employee hard when you see people succeed and get rewarded on doing the wrong thing.

Advice to Management

Hire more and better. You push people through the hiring process just to get more warm bodies in the door. Up the budget. The connor group has more than enough money to have more staff so the work is spead more evenly and will allow for less stressed employees. When upper management comes in for a visit you are taught not to talk to them unless they talk to you because they are so busy. You don't have time to... get to know who is running your business?

The Connor Group2019-05-28

June 3, 2019Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and your over 1 year of service. It is also great to hear that you have been able to gain great skills as you mentioned above. It is always great to hear constructive feedback from our associates as well. Some of these concerns raised are 100% against our core values and policies and as you know we do not tolerate. I would love to discuss with you in more detail confidentially so I can investigate and properly address . Please call me directly at 937-350-3415 or email me at cjemo@connorgroup.com

10. "Fun And Fast Paced Enviornment!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is treated fairly and equally! You're always learning, and better yet, everyone is always happy to help you learn!

Cons

It is fast paced, so things can get a little disorganized. If you can't let that go, then this isn't the place for you.

The Connor Group2019-04-26