The Entertainer Reviews

Updated 18 Jan 2021

3.5
The Entertainer Founder Gary Grant
Gary Grant
Pros
  • "Fun Energetic and Fast Paced, especially during peak(in 8 reviews)

• "Geography will provide certain limits as the head office is based in Amersham(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The stockroom was a complete mess meaning it was difficult to impossible to find a lot of items, staff from other shops (including an area manager(in 15 reviews)

• "Senior management can be demanding to the point where it demotivates the team(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Worcester, England

I worked at The Entertainer full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My management were lovely as were my colleagues. Job was fun day to day and there was more job enrichment as I became more experienced. Really enjoyed my years there.

Cons

Not very flexible on shifts and sometimes wouldn't receive rotas until the week of!

2. "Its ok"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Entertainer part-time

Pros

Discount is good and no sundays

Cons

Not many extra hours available

3. "Sales Assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Blackburn, England

I worked at The Entertainer part-time

Pros

Excellent training and understanding management

Cons

Some aspects of work tedious

January 6, 2021

Hi, and thanks for your review on your time in working in our Blackburn store. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time there and enjoyed your training too! Unfortunately, in every job there are times when we feel a little bored but we can see that didn't discourage you from working hard. Good luck for the future, and if you have anything else you would like to add, please get in touch at responses@theentertainer.com

4. "Good company"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant

I have been working at The Entertainer part-time

Pros

no sundays, overtime when avaliable

Cons

lots of cliques, if you don't fit in with the team then you feel a bit left out. not much room to progress. no permanent co tracts more than 20 hours...

January 19, 2021

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are here to talk to if you would like to contact us at responses@theentertainer.com or alternatively you can speak to your store or Area Manager if you would like help directly. Thanks

5. "Good experience, could be better"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Entertainer part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good in store management. Sunday’s off. Nice environment to work in.

Cons

Entirely flexible hours no set working days. Head office aren’t very understand lit on problems in store. Don’t sell popular toys like Harry Potter and Pokemon

December 22, 2020

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review of working at The Entertainer. We take all of our reviews seriously and would like to invite you to get in touch if there is anything else you would like to discuss about your time working with our company. You can do so by emailing responses@theentertainer.com. In the meantime, we wish you and your family a very Merry and safe Christmas.

6. COVID-19

"Good Company"

Former Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Barnstaple, England

I worked at The Entertainer full-time

Pros

Always busy, great to have Sundays off, good rates of pay and everyone was treated fairly over lockdown,

Cons

The company is great, however some of the people who have worked there for many years have their own set of rules and unless your face fits you won't go very far

November 25, 2020

Hi, and thanks for leaving your review. We would really like to find out more about you and what you have said in your review, as we have no records of an Assistant Manager leaving the business recently from our Barnstaple store. Please contact us in confidence at Responses@theentertainer.com We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards

7. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Birmingham, England

I worked at The Entertainer part-time

Pros

Great environment and when it was busy shifts went fast Discount available

Cons

Sometimes difficult to get extra hours

November 24, 2020

Hi, Thanks for your review! We are so pleased you had an enjoyable experience working with us. Have a lovely Christmas, and stay safe.

8. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at The Entertainer part-time

Pros

Supportive management, lots of training, friendly staff.

Cons

I didn't have any issues.

November 12, 2020

Hi, and thanks for the review you have given us at The Entertainer. We are really pleased to hear you have had a great experience with us, and we would love to welcome you back to work with us in the future! Best of luck.

9. "Christmas Sales Assistant"

Former Employee - Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant in Birmingham, England

I worked at The Entertainer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Toy Discount Festive at Christmas Was only a 20 hour contract but as got closer to Christmas was given more hours. Varied tasks- given a timetable at the beginning of each day of what you would be doing for each hour of your shift.

Cons

Late Shifts Can be stressful when busy especially at Christmas

November 12, 2020

Hi, thanks for your review! Working with us at Christmas is one of the most exciting times to be in a Toy Shop and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience, it sounds like you were very busy! Best Wishes for the future.

10. COVID-19

"Callous and disrespectful"

1.0
    Current Employee - Christmas Temp in Bromley, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Entertainer part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much to say really.

Cons

Ignoring the fact that this is a minimum wage, no-contract, fully-flexible, rotas-sent-on-Whatsapp kind of job, the kind where you'll never know what hours you're going to be working until the day before your shift, I'd really like to highlight the disgusting treatment of their Christmas staff at the Bromley branch. I was told four days prior to the start of the November 2020 Coronavirus lockdown that my start date had been shifted back a month in order to avoid paying any furlough money. They never put anything in writing, of course, that would be incriminating, so instead I got one scripted voicemail and the promise of an email that never came through. Then they had the nerve to ask me if I still wanted to work with them for three weeks in December. I don't know if they handled all of their Christmas temps this way, or if I just got especially shafted, but suffice to say I would never recommend anyone apply for this branch if they value their dignity.

December 1, 2020

Hi, We need to investigate the content of this review further with you. There are a number of points you have raised here that are contradictory to our values, policy and current situation. It looks like, despite what you have said, that you have accepted our offer of employment and are a current employee. We would very much like to hear from you so that we can respond to the statements you have made and to, more importantly, make sure you are happy in your position in Bromley. Please get in touch by email to Responses@theentertainer.com We look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 157 English Reviews