The Mill "mill" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

The Mill Employee Reviews about "mill"

Updated 2 Jan 2020

3.1
The Mill  Co-Founder & CEO Robin Shenfield (no image)
Robin Shenfield
Pros
  • "i was at Mill Film Adelaide for 6 months(in 12 reviews)

• "Great people and building is good(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, not great management(in 23 reviews)

• "there wasnt a pipeline yet and we were still working in folders(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "mill"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Pretty good if you are lucky"

Former Contractor - Animator in Adelaide

I worked at The Mill for less than a year

Pros

i was at Mill Film Adelaide for 6 months. The people i got to work and interact with were awesome. they try to help as much as they can compared to where i was before this was heaps better

Cons

there wasnt a pipeline yet and we were still working in folders. the projects werent well coordinated and the leads and supervisors had to pick up the slack. causing huge issues down the pipeline.

The Mill 2020-01-03
  2. "Good Place to Learn"

Current Employee - CG Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Mill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- If you want to learn, The Mill will support you by putting you on the right project. - Benefit are good. - They care about your well-being. - Great project to work on.

Cons

- It can be a bit clicky.

The Mill 2018-09-26

"One of the best places to work if you are a strong creative and have a good attitude."

I have been working at The Mill

Pros

The people and the culture are by far one of the best things about the mill. Its made up of talented global individuls that share a passion for the best creative work. The company also offers very good benefits.

Cons

It's a big company and with all big companies comes all bureaucracy. Things sometimes take longer than they should to get done.

The Mill 2018-03-03
  4. "Great place to learn"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Mill for less than a year

Pros

- Really hands on. You can really learn A LOT. - The Mill family is really nice and welcoming. - Company has great culture. - Best talent, best training, best clients.

Cons

- It can be really high intensity (if that's a con...). Everyone is more than ready to learn and work.

The Mill 2018-03-02

"The best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Mill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been in the industry for over a decade now, and have worked at The Mill twice in that time (London + Los Angeles). It's the most innovative, forward thinking and creative company I've experienced. Employees are valued, and although the work can be challenging, there are constant perks (pizza and beer Friday! Quarterly all-company showcases to celebrate work! Mega holiday party! Speaker series! Massages!) and lots of opportunity for development. There is a real sense that everyone counts, and that everyone is appreciated. It's also the first place I've ever worked that encouraged a work/personal balance and really cares about the wellbeing of staff in all areas of their life.

Cons

It's always busy, but that's a good thing!

The Mill 2017-08-21
  6. "Executive Producer / Head of New Business"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Mill full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Mill is one of the best companies in the world at what they do. They are a creative company who run a great business and they have a great history.

Cons

there are no cons if you love vfx

The Mill 2017-06-19
  7. "CG Artist"

Former Contractor - CG Artist in London, England

I worked at The Mill for less than a year

Pros

The mill has got a solid pipeline. There is a lot of experienced artist to share good tips. Some free food available if stay late.

Cons

Really a lot of communication problems. Tasks are not clearly assigned and not properly reviewed. No workstation fixed for one personne, you can keep changing every week. (Or day...)

The Mill 2016-06-29

"The Mill Los Angeles 3D department"

Former Employee - CG Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Mill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The projects that come in are top of the line. Artists are pleasant and very talented. The facilities are clean and look nice. There is a certain prestige to working at The Mill.

Cons

Yearly reviews are just for show. Nothing ever comes of those. The people I learned the most from always left because of their dislike of the management. Favoritism has given part of the leadership total impunity. Any criticism of them is contained and never makes it to the very top. This keeps the department divided and low on morale.

The Mill 2016-05-24

"The Mill"

Human Resources Generalist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Mill for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a wonderful experience at The Mill. It truly felt like a family and you get out of it what you put into it. And the company will stop at nothing to see that you are happy if The Mill is where you want your career to be which is fantastic. And what I believe sets The Mill apart from others.

Cons

It can feel as though it is a "mean girls" environment. But it is only a small few that are like this and dependent on your role you could never have to work with these few. But this is not a reflection of The Mill at all. It is unfortunate that some individuals are this way, but definitely not a reflection of The Mill and what they stand for.

The Mill 2015-12-01

"The Mill - NYC"

Matte Painter in New York, NY

I have been working at The Mill

Pros

The Mill has specials attentions for the artist (food, beers,..) The artists there are amazing and really talented.

Cons

There is a lack of training in my field and I feel like there is not enough support.

The Mill 2015-08-31