The N2 Company Reviews

Updated 27 May 2021

4.6
The N2 Company CEO Duane Hixon
Duane Hixon
Pros
  • "I also love being creative with my publication(in 47 reviews)

• "I started out with N2 as an Account Executive responsible for advertising sales for an Area Director with N2(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You have to be financially stable enough to support the ramp-up period for your publication(in 38 reviews)

• "Only 10% of those who start actually get to print, especially if you are in a market already saturated with other Area Directors(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

27 May 2021 - Content Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

:) great community and lots of internal benefits

Cons

No cons that I can think of

2. 5.0

Excellent Company - treats employees well

22 Mar 2021 - Content Writer in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and fair treatment

Cons

no cons that I can think of

3. 5.0

Putting Team Members and Culture First

13 Sep 2019 - Account Manager Team Leader in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from a company with a toxic work culture, N2 was a breath of fresh air. I have been on several teams since my start with N2 and while the team dynamics have been diverse, one thing stays constant. There is unparalleled respect in the workplace. While team members are driven and seeking advancement opportunity, there is an overwhelming sense of camaraderie. Team members are always willing to drop what they are doing to help others succeed. This mindset is rewarded frequently with the “catching people doing things right” recognition. The employee benefits also mirror this sentiment. First Time Home Buyer program granting team members down payment assistance to help make the move from renting to investing in a home. Yearly Marriage Stipend to help strengthen personal relationships through counseling, conferences and retreats. Pediatric Care to help alleviate some of the financial burdens for young families. N2 Gives, the philanthropic division of N2 donating millions to organizations that help stop human trafficking. — All of this adds up to an organization that I’m proud to be a part of and enjoy showing up for each workday.

Cons

Growth is rarely consistent and with lulls in growth comes lulls in advancement. Especially when retention is high. When first joining the N2 team, growth was exponential. Over my tenure with the company, we've always been experiencing growth, but maybe not as rapidly as when I first joined. The silver lining is, growth mindset and promoting from within are two major slides from the culture deck. So, the N2 team will always be looking for how to grow and where they can fill positions from within.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Amazing company, great leaders.

26 Oct 2020 - Area Director in Grand Prairie, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leaders, amazing flexibility, fantastic earning potential

Cons

Takes a great deal of self-discipline, full commission.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's NOT too good to be true!!

5 Jun 2020 - Area Director in Lincoln, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

N2 has changed my life for the better financially, mentally, physically and spiritually. The leaders in the company care about you, respect you and VALUE your opinion. The heart of the company is genuine and the opportunity is real. No, it's not too good to be true. You can make well over six figures in a year and not be a slave to your employer or your business!

Cons

It is a mentally taxing job initially, but once you learn how to manage your mind and grow in your maturity, you learn what life is really all about.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

17 Oct 2020 - Graphic Designer in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture Flexibility Benefits Fun work environment Laid back

Cons

None that I can think of

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great Company - Changes Every Single Day

5 Oct 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The community within this company is awesome. Everyone supports and helps each other. Going into work everyday was a blast and everyone always has a smile on their face.

Cons

Procedures, processes, and systems change every single day. It was very hard to keep up with what needs to be done and how because no process stayed consistent.

3 people found this review helpful

The N2 Company Response

Hi, there. Thank you for your thoughts and feedback! We’re glad you found community within our company, and enjoyed coming to work each day. Feeling supported is so important and it’s certainly something we strive to achieve for all of our team members. And we certainly appreciate your candor in sharing the parts of the job you found most challenging. We wish you all the best.

8. 5.0

LOVE this company!

16 Oct 2019 - Sales Director in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

No income cap if you work hard and continue to grow. Lots of personal growth opportunities with leadership roles to move into. Flexibility in your calendar (don't have to ask anyone to take vacation time). Franchise support through the company is solid. The work/life balance can get off if you don't manage your schedule well. Leadership roles can also throw this off since you are balancing more, but if you are just running a magazine, then it should be pretty simple to have a good work/life balance.

Cons

You must be self motivated to do this job and willing to always be learning and growing. Lots of details to keep track of in this type of business. Most of people's struggles are their own mental blocks they let get in their way. Must have mental toughness and some grit to get out there because you still get a lot of no's in sales along the way. Cold calling is also tough for some people to take.

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

21 Jul 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

the people are amazing and they give you every opportunity to succeed and grow

Cons

There are none at all

10. 3.0

Good company - Product Often Ineffective

12 Aug 2019 - Sales Representative/Area Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to make good money without having to work 9-5 Interesting day to day functions. One day you're making sales calls, the next you're interviewing/selling a business owner, the next you're taking pictures of someone's pet and the next you're playing events coordinator. Or not. You can basically hire out any positions within your company.

Cons

Ineffective method for most business owners to get more leads/jobs Not enough focus on the current clients needs & wants If you're effective at selling the product - then you're promoted - no matter how useless you are in other facets of business/culture/ability Company was built entirely with only sales reps at the helm. This resulted in an unusual product

9 people found this review helpful

The N2 Company Response

Director of Human Resources

Hi, there. We are happy to hear which parts of the Area Director role you’ve enjoyed and appreciate your radical candor when it comes to things we can improve. The last slide of our Culture Deck says, “Preserve the Core and Stimulate Progress.” It’s in this spirit that we are currently revamping several departments to better our client and Area Director experiences. This includes improving our leadership structure and client support system. We’re excited for all the growth and opportunity on the way, and are glad you’ll be able to experience this alongside us!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 368 Reviews