The Original Mattress Factory Reviews

Updated 3 Jul 2020

3.9
The Original Mattress Factory President  Greg Trzcinski (no image)
Greg Trzcinski
  1. "Change in management over the last year or two has ruined this company."

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at The Original Mattress Factory full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good product. Easy to sell.

Cons

Quality has suffered in recent years. Company has a term “take care of the company and the company will in then take care of you”. This is bogus. The company will change policies and even go against their own handbook when it is convenient for them.

The Original Mattress Factory Response

July 6, 2020Digital Marketing Manager

Hi, Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re very concerned about the situations you’ve described here. If you’re open to speaking with a few members of the corporate team, we’d like to learn more so that we can help solve these issues ASAP. If you’re interested, please reach out to us at info@originalmattress.com (I manage this email) or call the Cleveland factory and ask to speak with Greg. Sincerely, Colleen McCarthy Digital Marketing Manager

2. "Great company."

Former Employee - Salesperson in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Original Mattress Factory full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, cared very much about their employees well-being, values based company

Cons

Retail hours, can be very slow at times, not much upward mobility after salesperson.

Continue reading
  3. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at The Original Mattress Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a Great work environment

Cons

The Compensation could be better

4. "Best products in the industry. Best customer service. Best prices in the industry"

Store Manager in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at The Original Mattress Factory for more than 5 years

Pros

Esop, honest company is friend to the staff.

Cons

Falling behind in market wages and benefits. Sales work hours are hard on employees with families. Very low PTO, No paid holidays. Commission, esop, bonus potential is based on volume of the store you are in not really if you are good at the job. Discouraging to your best employees.

Continue reading
  5. "Some Great, Some Bad"

I have been working at The Original Mattress Factory full-time

Pros

It's ethically run. They have a great quality and price and take the work seriously. They take every precaution to ensure the product is perfect and are VERY by the book when it comes to quality.

Cons

Certain jobs require a ridiculous amount of hours. Some upper managers play obvious favorites. The pay is low which leads to a good bit of turn over and the vacation days are terrible. No sick time either. Basically, you're often over worked and under compensated.

Continue reading

"Most Ethical Company I’ve Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Original Mattress Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a company that truly lives by its philosophies, they aren’t just words on a poster but instead are guiding principles that shape the decision making process all the way down to customer interactions. The company strives to create a no pressure environment and the highest quality product at a competitive price because we are truly factory direct. It’s a real joy working here because it’s something to really be proud to be a part of.

Cons

Honestly I don’t have any, I know you might say he’s drinking the kool-aid but very seriously compared to previous employers this company has restored my faith in humanity that we can operate a company with such a high level of integrity.

Continue reading
  7. "Good easy job, small benefits"

No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Easy, some downtime, low pressure sales

Cons

No real chance for advancement, no real commission structure or way to make more money.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at The Original Mattress Factory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Top quality products. Best value in the marketplace (by far). Ethical business approach. True example of how a company should be run. Fair compensation and strong benefits package. No slick sales garbage. Just tell the truth everyday.

Cons

Retail hours (although the company shortens hours during many holidays to allow for family time!) This is unheard of in the mattress/furniture business!

9. "Most honest company I have ever worked for"

Store Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at The Original Mattress Factory for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company great products great people very honest

Cons

Retail hours not much room for advancement

10. "Solid company, built on good values, that is slowly turning away from them."

Current Employee - Driver in Fairfield, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Decent hours and pay. Delivery management actually cares about his people. Newer equipment that is properly maintained. You can also earn a decent Christmas bonus.

Cons

Upper management's clear and almost spiteful way of dealing with people. You can lose money on the hour quickly if your number drop

Found 18 reviews