The Risk Advisory Group Employee Reviews about "interesting work"

Updated 21 Jul 2020

The Risk Advisory Group CEO  David Claridge (no image)
David Claridge
Pros
  • "Interesting work, including opportunities to travel and gain expertise in new areas(in 6 reviews)

• "TRAG also has the best recruitment process I've ever been through(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management does not care about regular employees, underpaying them for the long hours they work(in 7 reviews)

• "TRAG is a largely exploitative company that pays it's most junior staff a slave wage on a zero hours contract(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "interesting work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Great office and great experience"

5.0
    Former Employee - Junior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Interesting work. I was exposed to a truly exciting variety of opportunities where I could use my writing and research skills and learn about different industries in the process. - Great team. Young and smart people always willing and committed to help you learn more about the work and give you meaningful constructive feedback. - Great opportunity for working on open-source intelligence skills which are valuable and transferable. - DC office is right in the middle of K street. So for those living far away, commuting options are plentiful in both the Maryland and Virginia transit systems including metro, mark train, as well as city and commuting bus. Also, the building has many amenities including a rooftop and a gym.

Cons

- Company headquarters are in London with offices spread out throughout the world. In the beginning, it is difficult to feel connected to different teams and colleagues in other offices. However, the online collaboration suite makes that a non-factor after a while since everyone is a video-call away and colleagues from different offices often visit. This proved to be an asset for operations during the recent pandemic. - not much else I could think of. This was a terrific entry-level position.

July 22, 2020Head of HR

Many thanks for leaving a review on your experience with the company, it is much appreciated. I wish you well with your future career.

"Poor culture, bad vibes"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Risk Advisory Group full-time

Pros

Interesting work, smart and creative people.

Cons

Senior management does not care about regular employees, underpaying them for the long hours they work. There is a gossipy and bullying culture in DC and some of the other offices.

May 7, 2019Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the ability of our colleagues and the nature of our work. The other comments that you have made have been noted. Good luck with your new role.

"Terrible company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, entrepreneurial, opportunities for development if face fits.

Cons

Bullying culture, highly political, very average pay, unprofessional services.

April 1, 2019Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I hope that you took us up on our offer of an exit interview to discuss your feedback. If not and you would like your opinion heard, please do contact the HR team.

"Very positive experience, great people"

4.0
    Former Employee - Research Associate in London, England

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great team environment, I was surrounded by bright, friendly and genuinely nice people - Good training programs and plenty of support from your line manager, the COO and HR. - Interesting work, including opportunities to travel and gain expertise in new areas

Cons

- no flexible hour - the management of temporary employment contracts could be improved

October 22, 2018Head of HR

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your comments. I have taken on board your point regarding flexible working and I will ensure that we are mindful of the management of temporary contracts. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the future.

"Interesting work; work-life balance needs addressing"

4.0

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group

Pros

Diverse, interesting work; collaborative atmosphere; opportunities to travel.

Cons

Sometimes very long hours; pay could be better; could be more senior managers with experience outside the company.

"Interesting work but very anti-social"

Former Employee - Intern in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Risk Advisory Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work, can be repetitive at times but generally good

Cons

Work feels like a thankless task Awful interaction between interns and analysts Anti-social office environment Travel capped at zones 1-6 and no lunch allowance so you end up losing money to be there Zero interaction with anyone more senior than an analyst, you're pretty much anonymous

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.