The Valley Management Group Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2021

Found 42 of over 45 reviews

3.6
The Valley Management Group CEO  Kurtis Spahr (no image)
Kurtis Spahr
  1. 2.0

Think about it

Sep 10, 2021 - Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to grow in the long term

Cons

Not financially rewarding in the beginning

2. 5.0

Engaging and growth oriented

Aug 5, 2021 - Corporate Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited growth opportunity, Promote only from within, Amazing work environment, Team oriented, Management is always asking for ways to improve

Cons

Working here has really made me challenge myself and determine if I truly have the work ethic and drive to have more in life. This isn't for the person who is weary of a challenge

3. 1.0

Total Scam, STAY AWAY

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. This place is a joke so is the owner.

Cons

They act like they are a big marketing company and they say they have all these big accounts. You will be selling Direct TV or cell phones inside a Sam's Club. They never tell you that. They deflect super hard. The owner acted all high and mighty bc he has an MBA lol. Please save your time and stay away.

Marketing Director

Obviously you're upset and feel lied to or misled, and while we understand that feeling can be frustrating for anyone, we are at a complete loss as how you could have possibly applied to, interviewed for and accepted a position without knowing the position details?? We are a private sales and marketing company that works with several clients (all Fortune 500 - many Fortune 100); as you mentioned, the specific team you worked on was with ATT; however, that is NOT the only client we represent, that was just the team you were hired to work on-- we do however have other teams who work with other clients. We are in fact, launching another new client this week (nothing to do with either ATT or Sam's Club - as several of our teams do not work with either)! Super exciting times for our team as our client portfolio continues to grow; but best of luck in your future endeavours -- hope you find a job and team you're happy with!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Made It Through Interviews Before Realizing the Scam

Jul 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly people in the office for the most part, definitely a facade to cover the shadiness going on here. I guess another positive is you will 100% get hired on as they have crazy turnover here and need everyone they can get.

Cons

Lied to me at the first interview and sold me on the fact that they are a legit marketing firm with many Fortune 500 clients. This isn’t true at all as they will force you into selling AT&T phones at Sam’s Club which was never specified in the first meet-and-greet interview. When I asked my interviewer about the other clients that were mentioned in the first interview, he deflected and didn’t answer only restating that I’d be selling phones in Sam’s Club. Not something I want to waste my degree on personally. So other than the lying they run shady business tactics such as making you “build your team” as they call it in order to be promoted and then having your “team” build their own teams to then get promoted themselves, all while everyone above these people are profiting off their work the whole time. In my opinion, cut and dry Ponzi Scheme, whether it’s legal or not I’m not sure but I definitely was having no part of that set-up. They have a “business plan” where in 6-9 months you can be promoted to a Market Manager and make an insane salary but what they don’t tell you is that the only way you can make that kind of money is if you are benefitting and using the employees below you to accomplish that which once again, to the best of my knowledge, is a cut and dry Ponzi Scheme. They give you the idea that you can run your own business in a short amount of time but the “business” they refer to is just managing people who are selling phones and you profiting off of their work. Just a fair warning, if any company promises you a completely ridiculous salary after only 9 months whether you have a degree or not, just know it is a scam there’s no other way around it. I again don’t fully know whether or not the scheme they are running is legal or not as I’m not a financial professional and they are “hiring” people not necessarily recruiting them into their scheme but either way please, if you are looking at jobs here acknowledge the red flags and avoid it at all costs, there are plenty of jobs out there and this one is far too good to be true. Another side note, if your interviewer tells you pretty much nothing about what the company does and instead tells you how awesome the head of the company is just get out, a legit company will have you sell yourself to them not vice-versa. If it seems like they want you working there more than you want to work there, then please run.

Marketing Director

First off, thank you for agreeing that we have an awesome team! And you do bring up some valid and accurate points; the first being that you were told during the interview that you specifically were being considered for joining our team that manages AT&T's brand in Sam's Club; which we also confirmed during the follow up call with our HR Director when you accepted the position. If it seemed like the team you worked with only focused on that one account of ours, you’re correct again, as account management is the first skill one must master -- we don’t have Territory Sales Managers managing a team of people if they can’t be competent in the rudimentary sales and marketing skills, and we’re proud of that! If you had stayed employed with our team for more than a few days, you would have interacted with members of other teams who work with accounts for other clients - as you know, due to confidentiality agreements with our clients, we can not disclose a list of our clients publicly. You are also correct that during the 10-15 minute meet & greet we do not go over the position details -- that's why it's just a meet and greet with one of our senior executives-- to go over your career goals and explain to you our company's vision to see if our long-term goals align. After all, we emphasize that we are looking for people we can invest in for an intensive career development program. In fact, many companies offer such accelerated programs as a benefit to employees; I would add that to your list of things to look out for when interviewing for those who not only want growth, but are willing to work hard & make the most of the resources offered to them. And just so you know for the future, a Ponzi Scheme is "a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors." Please contact our HR department if you have given money to anyone thinking it was a financial investment. We are a sales and marketing company - not a financial investment firm, though as you stated you're not a financial professional, so I'm sure it was an honest mistake and you would never intentionally slander a legitimate company full of people that were so friendly and welcoming to you. Best of luck in your future endeavours!

5. 4.0

Great company

May 26, 2021 - Entry Level Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company. Good direction. Great team environment. Collaborative work.

Cons

There are some long days with this job.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback! If you have any suggestions whatsoever about reorganizing the schedule we invite all team members to bring their ideas directly to any of our senior executives or HR and we can work on a possible solution together!

6. 5.0

Great company

Nov 11, 2020 - Executive Administrative Assistant in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Such a great team to be apart of!

Cons

Unfortunately we haven’t been able to do as much community outreach due to COVID. We did do a blood drive, food drive , and will do a toy drive.

Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights! If you have any ideas on any local non-profit organizations that need volunteers please send your suggestions to hr@thevalleygroupphoenix.com or speak with our Director of Talent Management!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Beware

Aug 11, 2020 - Entry Level
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice People and culture in office

Cons

Beware of all positive reviews. It's a very low level job and they are not honest during the interview process. The show you a flow chart but don't really follow it. Beware of all the reviews (very similar wording and ratings is rather skeptical)

10 people found this review helpful

Marketing Director

Thank you for sharing your insights-- you're absolutely right that we do have several positive reviews that have similar wording, your review is a perfect example of our current and former team members commenting on how awesome our team is and that our company culture is one of the biggest/most common pros of all our reviews; what can we say, we love our team and try to make sure we retain the best people to maintain such a positive and supportive environment. We only offer Entry Level positions and we state that very clearly in all ads and during the interview process as our company only promotes from within, so I'm unsure what your expectations could have been when you accepted one of our entry-level jobs. In order for one to earn the opportunity to advance within our company, one must first meet basic qualifications and have shown a desire to grow and take on additional responsibility -- as we always say, we promote based on merit, not seniority. But we wish you the best of luck in finding a position elsewhere that better suits your needs.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A life changing and growing company that helps you grow as a individual .

Jun 23, 2020 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A very uplifting environment, you get to meet lots of great people and learn about the business.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Marketing Director

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion!

9. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jun 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned new skills, communication, and team work

Cons

There is no cons working in this company in my opinion

Appreciate your feedback!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They were my family

Jun 4, 2020 - Project Manager in Start, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

An environment where you can focus more on work.. There is not enough English. Quick language acquisition through group life.Personally, there are too many advantages.

Cons

To me. There are no downsides. But everyone else seems to have a lot of discomfort. I will take the initiative to work on what I can do to prevent their discomfort from coming out.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews