TheHouseMonk Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2022

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

4.6
TheHouseMonk Co-Founder and CEO Ajay Kumar (no image)
Ajay Kumar

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

1d

works at

HSBC

How do you deal with relatives who ask about your package in the family gatherings ?

97 Comments

Tech India

82.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TheHouseMonk~2430866
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

THM Review

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great CMD that takes care of their people. Great Work-Life balance. Excellent people to work

Cons

No cons as such which I could find

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very good working environment.

Jul 1, 2022 - SDE 1 in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours. All employees are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

I thought and can't think of any.

3. 5.0

Good Vibes & Better Working Experience

May 9, 2022 - Software Developer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Empathy, Good Guidance, Motivating Team

Cons

Limited Challenges, Team Engagement, Salary

4. 5.0

Never Have I Seen Learn While You Work Better

Feb 17, 2022 - Sales Associate in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Young close knit team working on the focused goal - No Hierarchy - Friendly environment - Multiple opportunities to learn anything about everything - Small team for now , which gives everyone an opportunity to seek and ask directly. - Inspiring startup culture.

Cons

There is no downside as such, if you're looking for a great working environment where you're held responsible and accountable while giving you excellent opportunities to grow, then there is definitely no other place. you're always surrounded by more knowledgeable;e people around you.

Talent & People Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you're enjoying your experience here. We look forward to a great association with you. Thank you for all that you do

5. 4.0

Good work life balance

Feb 9, 2022 - Senior Account Manager in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Senior Management is approachable and gives freedom to express yourself.

Cons

did not find any cons as such

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy startup to work in Bangalore

Cons

Saturdays could be given off, as it is 6 working days

Talent & People Specialist

Thank you for sharing. We are really glad that you enjoyed the culture at our organization. Regarding your feedback; it is our goal to keep our team comfortable and happy because of which a five-day work policy with weekends as a day off is in place. Thanks again for taking out the time to write the feedback!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting company with great culture

Feb 8, 2021 - Sales in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) If you are willing to take responsibility, management will give you enough opportunities without micro managing 2) Great culture overall - Everyone is pretty young, so things get done quickly 3) High level of transparency - Exact situation about every aspect of the company is openly shared in all hands, and founders are very open to questions about the state of the business

Cons

1) The work is very specific to the real estate industry, so if you don't understand how it works, it becomes tough to manage 2) Planning isn't done effectively, so you end up doing things in an unstructured manner. Work being assigned to you changes week to week, which is difficult 3) Some managers are not great at leading young employees, so you might have friction points with middle managers

Talent & People Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. Our team is working hard to ensure that every employee has a positive experience with TheHouseMonk. We wholeheartedly agree that there is scope for improvement and the feedback that you have provided will certainly help us reach the goal of building a successful organization. Best of luck in your career! Thank you

8. 4.0

Mostly good

Feb 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot to learn because TheHouseMonk team is super lean. There's no one thing you'll be working on, because more hands are needed on deck at all times. This means you get to explore much of what you probably haven't dealt with before. If you do it right, then there's a lot to learn. The team is all young folks so it's easy to get along with them. They're mostly understanding, Saturday-working is rare, work is pleasant. It's a fast-paced set up for anyone who wants to learn a lot in less time, I personally have done that.

Cons

Their expectations are a little off sometimes; and depending on the team you're in you might be stuck with a mildly rude management system. The lack of clearly defined roles takes a toll on your performance sometimes, and I feel like sometimes they exploit that lack of clarity to avoid payouts and increments, when the right way to do it would have been to just say 'we're not in a position to do it.' Also, they use whatsapp for formal communication... like... ???

Co-Founder and CEO

Hello there - Thanks for taking the time out to write this review. This seems like a fair and balanced review of our organization, and we accept the shortcomings you have mentioned. The team is working hard to ensure that every employee has a positive experience with TheHouseMonk. We are far from perfect, but with well intentioned feedback such as yours, we are confident we will get there soon :)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Life at TheHouseMonk

Feb 6, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Flexible Hours 2. Beautiful workplace 3. Freedom of speech 4. Your ideas and suggestions are always heard 5. Quarterly trips/Outings 6. Every small work you do is noticed and appreciated 7. Work at TheHouseMonk is completely fun-filled 8. There are weekend Learning Sessions wherein anyone from the team can teach what others might not be aware of and it's the best way to share your knowledge and learn new things. 9. We follow professional and yet simple ethics and culture.

Cons

There is no Con as such.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Innovative product in the building

Jan 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

supportive founders, Good work culture.

Cons

nothing I could think off

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews