Third Bridge Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 21 Sep 2020

3.5
Third Bridge Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Emmanuel Tahar
Emmanuel Tahar
Pros
  • "balanced work and life, friendly working environment(in 37 reviews)

• "Team members are given full freedom to build their own new initiatives and ideas that help improve life at Third Bridge(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance is a consistent issue as we are a client service role with a client base that barely sleeps(in 39 reviews)

• "culture : culture at Third Bridge is EXTREMELY toxic(in 30 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Mumbai

I have been working at Third Bridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good HR policies and practices Collaborative and Supportive work environment Good paymasters Senior management is open to receiving feedback from employees

Cons

None. In case of issues that arise, they get resolved internally.

July 28, 2020Team Third Bridge

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm pleased to hear you have found your experience with Third Bridge so positive. Please continue to share your feedback with your managers and through our global employee surveys.

"Decent first job, but leave at the earliest"

Research Associate in Mumbai

I worked at Third Bridge for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is positive and the company has a good vibe to it. The job is very easy to do and even a fool should be able to sail through it.

Cons

The actual job is incredibly stupid and a real waste of your time. The website doesn't explain the job clear enough but this is essentially a call centre job. Third Bridge arranges phone conversations between people who need information (like say an investment fund) and people who have that information (say an executive at a rival company that the fund is looking to buy). Your job as the research associate is to facilitate the phone call. That's it. So you find relevant people on Linkedin, try getting a phone number, then get them to agree and then set up the call. That's all there is. You do not participate in on the call and you learn nothing on finance/strategy or anything of that sort. All you learn is cold calling and some call centre skills. I didn't know all of this when I joined (which explains why I left early) but anyone with even a bit of self respect / career ambitions should stay clear of this call centre company.

Continue reading

"New Senior Management, New Company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Third Bridge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the people and collaborative working environment.

Cons

management being disconnected from the rest of the team and consistently putting profits over people

"Good company"

Former Employee - Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Third Bridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

balanced work and life, friendly working environment

Cons

I couldn't think of any until now.

September 7, 2020

Thank you for your feedback.

5. "summer intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Third Bridge

Pros

- good working environment - friendly co-workers

Cons

- can't see the future - many strong competitors

"A fast growing company"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Third Bridge full-time

Pros

Nice colleagues and work environment

Cons

need to improve employee motivation

"Exciting, fast paced, open employer heading in right direction. Great location and good benefits package."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Third Bridge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, hard working environment. Direction of company seems really positive, with everyone pulling together. Location is great, right next to Liverpool Street and Spitalfields market. Graduates paid great salary on joining with clear career path from first day. Informative induction, gives good impression of company. Flexible working including working from home are options.

Cons

Work life balance typical of sector, but managers conscious to promote that excessive hours are not expected.

"fast growing company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Researcher

I worked at Third Bridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice working environment. The young team makes young joiners feel more comfortable. Good salary based on commission.

Cons

Can't learn much in-depth. No valued professional knowledge is transferrable if looking for another job.

October 28, 2019Team Third Bridge

Hi - We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the working environment, as it is something we think is quite important. Regarding transferable skills, it does depend on what your future interests entail, however, the role does provide access to clients and other opportunities to learn from. If you want to chat further on this, please reach out. - Team Third Bridge

"ok job for young post-grads, but experiences can be extremely varied with little payoff"

Former Employee - Research Associate

I worked at Third Bridge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent place to work right out of college, nice, earnest young coworkers looking to get paid and enjoy their life after school, sociable work environment.

Cons

Experience strongly depends on the sector and team you're placed in, and there were extremely limited opportunities to transfer during my time there. Target and bonus culture is extremely stressful, even more so with clients who don't place calls, and you have to be comfortable pressuring strangers constantly on the phone, email, text, etc. Work is not intellectually stimulating, though socially very much so. Play your cards right and befriend the right people, and you'll do fine, but it's admittedly a hard place to keep working at if you have a rough start, rocky team or stingy clients, and there's extremely high turnover with very few actual senior senior level staff (team leaders and senior associates are usually anywhere from 23-27 years old). Almost no opportunity to learn hard skills until at team leader level for future careers.

October 28, 2019Team Third Bridge

Hi - Thank you for your review and feedback. We just completed another company survey and as a result a couple of your points are already being addressed. Wish you the best in your career. - Team Third Bridge

10. "Analyst / Project Manager"

I have been working at Third Bridge full-time

Pros

good line manager, good working environment

Cons

no work life balance, confusing future career path

October 28, 2019Team Third Bridge

Hi - Thank you for your review, glad you are enjoying your time at Third Bridge. We have made some enhancements recently to address the work life balance (hope you are finding this helpful). - Team Third Bridge

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 English Reviews