ThoughtWorks Reviews

Updated 14 Jun 2021

4.4
ThoughtWorks President and CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
Pros
  • "The work life balance of employees are given importance(in 102 reviews)

• "You get to work with some of the really smart people(in 98 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance to some extend(in 49 reviews)

• "Being a consultancy there is no real ownership of the work being done(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Couldn't ask for more

22 Jan 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company I have worked for. Working along the best in the Industry. Everyone is an expert here, lots to learn and grow. Best work life balance, unlimited sick leaves, awesome compensation and hike/1

Cons

None! It is the best place to work and I hope it stays that way.

6 people found this review helpful

ThoughtWorks Response

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We’re so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at ThoughtWorks!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Software development

14 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is good here and no pro.

Cons

I don't find any cons here.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies to start your career

23 May 2021 - Applications Developer in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The bootcamp, set up for grads is really really great. Loads of learning and way more than what people learn in college for 4 years. - More emphasis on writing quality code, in some time you can see yourself ditching bad practices and writing clean code - Great place to learn how an agile software development and delivery works. They are the pioneers of it - Really cool people and very inclusive culture. This is a big part of TW, there are diverse people working here and all of them make sure that you are really comfortable in the organisation - People encourage you to get involved in a lot of community activities which helps you to grow. The tech communities are very active in TW and it's so much fun.

Cons

- This is not actually a con but something that I personally have difficulty with. The only way to work here, at least for developers is Pair Programming. Which is a really great practice in terms of delivering quality software and has huge a huge impact in the long run. But it can be tiring for some people, especially in this remote work situation. Which means you are on call the whole day. For some people this may not be a huge deal. But I find it a little bit draining in this current situation. - Pay is comparatively less

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Best place to work

7 Jun 2021 - Business Analyst in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Amazing work/people culture 2. One can definitely experience Diversity and Inclusivity 3. People are Self organised 4. Flat hierarchy 5. Very talented and helpful co workers 6. Friendly environment 7. Revised benefits through Sodexo 8. Negligible politics

Cons

1. It sometimes feels like the ThoughtWorks culture is diluting due to remote working and growing strength

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for just that compensation is low

15 May 2021 - Senior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, even better then any other FAANG company in India. Best tech in India in comparison to any other company, just that compensation offered in comparision are quite low.

Cons

Compensation offered is low and that is sole main reason for change.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Most of the reviews are given by the TWU students, most of the reviews are fake.

1 Apr 2021 - Applications Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good Sick leave policy

Cons

I worked on one of the biggest client(US Based) in Koramangla office. Work culture is extremely toxic, if you will talk about the problems with HR(Peoples team) or seniors in the team, they will try to manipulate you and make you feel worthless. I worked on this project for 3 months, I asked my TL, PM to change my project but they denied it, no action was taken by then, I was depressed, lost my confidence. then I decided to resign and resigned without any offer in hand, luckily after 15 days, I got an offer from a product-based org. I talked with 2 folks working on the same project, they were in the notice period, I wanted to know why are leaving, those 2 folks replied, this project is killing their personal and mental life by enforcing them to work on something which is not even in their skill set. these 2 folks didn't even complete a year in this company. I told them my story and they told me you are not alone, this project/team is responsible for your mental health and there are many employees like us. I Joined TW with lots of hope but it turned out to be the worse decision in my life. Don't trust these reviews most are fake, reviews written by the diploma students which they give training. these students are good but they behave amateurly, they don't know anything about the work ethics.

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stear clear if you are a lateral hire

27 May 2021 - Senior Software Consultant in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sick leave policy is good

Cons

These experiences are based on Pune office. People have delusional arrogant belief in their abilities simply because they are 'thoughtworker'. If you have to succeed here, toot your own horn ;) Feedback culture is less about genuine feedback and more about back biting and politics. Most positive reviews are from campus hires, who genuinely get good training but they don't know pain of lateral hires. If you are campus hire, it's best company for you, otherwise just don't join this company. You are supposed to fit in a mould of ideal "thoughtworker" anything different is treated with suspicion. All kinds of diversity is welcome here except for diversity of opinion on political stance, the company has a liberal bias and if you don't agree with them it's better you don't speak up. It can incur concequences ;)

8. 5.0

Great place

3 Jun 2021 - .NET Developer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture Good perks Good projects Good people Great

Cons

Nothing as of now Good going Keep it up Superb work Great people

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Perfect fit for a fresher

30 May 2021 - Student in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

The bootcamp for freshers Agile work style Everyone is friendly and always ready to share knowledge Gender equality

Cons

No problems found within the organisation

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best places to work... awesome people !!

28 May 2021 - Senior Talent Development Partner in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Practices, Policies, Passion for Tech.. People-Oriented..

Cons

Introverts need to learn to speak up/ be vocal to get noticed

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,060 Reviews