ThoughtWorks Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.2
ThoughtWorks CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
Pros
Cons
  • "Travel can be taxing to work life balance over time(in 44 reviews)

• "uma empresa aberta, que escuta feedbacks e busca entender o que as pessoas est(in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One of the best in my career!"

Former Employee - Lead User Experience Designer in Bangalore

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First company in my career to complete 4 years. I was a kid who used to jump companies with 2 years interval time and what held me back are these. 1. Amazing People - Which MNC gives you the freedom to speak out what you feel to anyone you want if it makes sense. No hierarchy policy is too good that I can reach out to anyone whom I want to discuss. This is a company filled with people that attentively listens to... someone's feedback and take it with a positive note. 2. Unlimited Sick Leave - Which MNC gives you the unlimited sick leave? This company trusts its employees and I haven't seen anyone misusing it. 3. Breakfast and Lunch Covered - I know most of the MNCs provide this. But nothing can beat the breakfast provided here. Live counter and the "didi" knows how my half fry should be deep-fried :D 4. Great Projects - Being a designer it was challenging to compete with the amazing developers here. Nothing is impossible is the attitude they hold. I have got the privilege to work on some of the great clients like PVR, Bangalore Airport, TE, Morgan Stanley, Air Asia, etc. And I made great friends with all of them I have worked with. I used to like my weekdays than weekends during the project of Bangalore Airport App. We even made an amazing video. 5. Travel - Though I didn't get to travel outside India, I got the opportunity to travel to all the offices in India. TW make sure everything is covered when you travel for work. Bi-Weekly Flight Tickets to the home office, Since every office provides breakfast and lunch there is a per diem to cover your dinner expense, Free stay, any cab trips can be reimbursed. Also based on the requirements we get to travel internationally as well. 6. Away Day - Think of a chartered flight (sort of) where you have all your friends in one flight and flying to one place to meet other TW-ers and share and learn. 2 days of absolute fun. 7. Other Benefits - Like free internet, free phone bill, a book a year, health and wellness benefit of 7k, etc Apart from all these, there is one personal incident which proves TW is the best company to work with: While I was on the project working in Hyd office, I met with a road accident and I was immobilized for 2 months and had to stay in Hyderabad. The insurance policy of the company took care of the 3.5 lakh bill. TW took care of my stay (A 3bhk fully furnished apartment for me and my family to take care of me). Frequent visits from my teammates to keep me entertained :D. 4 months of paid leave and though I was not completely fixed, I was bored and has asked TW to put me in a project that I can work remotely. The reply I got was "Its Ok Advin, you take care of yourself and we will wait for you to be completely fine" Been working for 11 years and happy to be a TWker. Every organization has taught me something. What I learned from this organization is how to be humane. I was an introvert who gets scared to share my opinion in public. I think I have become an ambivert who isn't that shy kid who hides behind the wall. Debate with sensible topics. Learn, adapt and share.

Cons

A bit of favoritism is there.

Advice to Management

I know many talented people out there who haven't got the opportunity to travel, while the one who is smart with their words get to travel. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" attitude should change and should consider the people who are really good at what they do.

ThoughtWorks2019-08-25
  2. "Best organisation to learn and develop"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chennai

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flat organisation structure Opportunities to learn Office Environment Culture

Cons

Situated in IT park (Chennai Office)

ThoughtWorks2019-10-11

"Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Pune

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Lack of an “adult/child” dynamic between sales and delivery that is common at many firms 2. We often work on the hardest, most difficult problems 3. It isn’t for Everyone

Cons

Nothing That I can think of

ThoughtWorks2019-10-04
  4. "Collaborative culture"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Pune

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great overall collaborative learning environment

Cons

Nothing that is worth mentioning

ThoughtWorks2019-09-23
  5. "Learning ground"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Motivated people Encouraging management with focus on quality rather than delivery speed

Cons

Guiding principles are being diluted over time for the sake of expansion

ThoughtWorks2019-10-07
  6. "Lead Consultant Application Development"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant Applications Development in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Work culture and people

Cons

Superiority complex of employees is a major set back

ThoughtWorks2019-09-21

"Developer"

Current Employee - Developer in Pune

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Best entry level program. 2. Known for agile way of working 3. Care for employees, house keeping staff 4. You won't get order from your boss because there are no bosses

Cons

1. Nowadays I'm observing that many old thoughtworkers are leaving company which is not good sign 2. New joinees/laterals will spoil the culture if there are no old guys guiding them 3. Client side experience is not as good as working in thoughtworks offices 4. Mass recruitment will have long term concerns

Advice to Management

Think about it , whether you want to grow like TCS or want to stay as you were few years back .

ThoughtWorks2019-10-02

"Poor management and extremely poor salary"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Chennai

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to learn, especially for freshers.

Cons

1. Although they say they have no jerks policy, there are a bunch of jerks, especially some project managers. Some of whom am pretty sure need to see a shrink. 2. The Chennai office is no place for non-tamil speakers. Even the seniors don't speak in English. Trainers who train freshers and chanted "speak in english" during the training, themselves forget all the culture they boasted about. Office events are filled... with Tamil movie references. Extremely difficult of non-tamil speakers to survive, and very few stay for more than a couple of years. Every day is a struggle. 3. Given the language issue, teams are almost never balanced based on the language understood by the employee. For the sake of creating a diverse team they put a single or at max two non-tamil speakers to suffocate in a team of 12 to 15. 4. The salary is extremely less and expectations are off the roof. 5. They have this system of pair programming that they say leads to better code. Truth is it just helps them bill their clients higher rates and reduces dependency on individuals. Coding is an individual task and forcing them to pair doesn't seem fair.

Advice to Management

Fire project managers who spoil company culture. Keep a decent number of non-tamil speakers in teams so they have company and don't feel suffocated.

ThoughtWorks2019-09-30

"Its For The People"

Current Employee - Consultant in Hyderābād

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Do you want a work-life balance? This is the place

Cons

If you compare salary with other companies like SAP, Amazon, its way too less

ThoughtWorks2019-08-21
  10. "Best experience as a recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Pune

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been associated with ThoughtWorks for about 10 months now in recruitments. I have got immense opportunities in exploring all recruiting options and have travelled to a lot of places for various drives. The leadership has given many opportunities and encouraged to try on something new and experiment always. It has been a learning day for me everyday.

Cons

I have not found anything as such yet.

ThoughtWorks2019-08-28