ThoughtWorks "smart people" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

ThoughtWorks Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated 2 Oct 2019

4.3
ThoughtWorks President and CEO Guo Xiao
Guo Xiao
Pros
Cons
  • "Travel can be taxing to work life balance over time(in 43 reviews)

• "uma empresa aberta, que escuta feedbacks e busca entender o que as pessoas est(in 35 reviews)

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Application Developer"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Chennai

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome work culture, smart people

Cons

Slightly lower on the pay scale

ThoughtWorks2014-02-01

"Good company to work"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hyderābād

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture and core values, smart people.

Cons

Due to recent change in mgmt. Hyderabad Office is experiencing some immature leadership. Be it office managers, people champion and capability lead (lol) The funniest part was if u don't have capability and speaks well then you will be next capability lead.

Advice to Management

Learn some people management skills. Treat equally dont show favouritism.

ThoughtWorks2019-07-07
  3. "Amazing first company for passionate developers"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Bangalore

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The university programs is the highlight. Teaches a lot to a new IT professional. Also, the company is filled with smart people, thus guarantees you to teach you something new everyday.

Cons

The long term growth in the company seems to be very slow. The quality of the company sometimes seems to be diluting

Advice to Management

Give more focus to the feedback of former employees

ThoughtWorks2018-09-03
  4. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Bangalore

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Agile , distributed agile Working wth extremely smart people

Cons

Judgemental management Ineffective mentoring processes Lack of transparency in decision making.

ThoughtWorks2018-04-23

"Nothing great here!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Pune
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Many smart people to work with - Might get to learn a lot of new stuff

Cons

- New hires are often looked with suspicion - Not so good projects - Culture has changed drastically - ThoughtWorks has is becoming just another consultancy - Lack of good leadership

Advice to Management

Need leadership improvement.

ThoughtWorks2017-06-15

"Work life balnce"

Summer Intern in Bangalore

I worked at ThoughtWorks

Pros

"Good very good work life balance" "Smart people who are very passionate about software delivery" If you are looking for a place where you want to grow internally, fall in love with technology, this is the best place for that. There is no doubt about it.

Cons

I wont say any downsides. But people who get a chance to work with the awesome folks present here are lucky. They should not under utilise the opportunity that they get here.

Advice to Management

There are awesome people in ThoughtWorks, the moment you come in contact with them, surely one is confirmed to get infected by the disease of technical love that they possess. One might be dumb in tech, might not even have interest in tech at all

ThoughtWorks2016-11-23

"Best Workplace turned to a Mediocre one!"

in New Delhi

I worked at ThoughtWorks for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture and smart people to work with, when I had joined. Extremely flexible and challenging work environment. I spent 3 yrs in the company. My first job!

Cons

Immature leadership. No focus on Retention.

Advice to Management

Please hire some experienced and sensible Managers. You really need some!

ThoughtWorks2016-01-07
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- People Oriented - Understanding & smart people around - It has good brand - You get to play challenging roles - Learning curve is very high - It is like any other service company - Flexible timings - Good agile practices to pick up - You would get to play focused role. - Good place for women

Cons

- They are not famous for pay if you are not worried about it, You can join here

Advice to Management

- Need to improve on salary slab - Generally, outside, they give grade and ask to play the role

ThoughtWorks2015-12-15

"The best company in India which I joined more than 2 years ago, is now going down the drains."

Current Employee - Consultant Developer in Pune

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diverse, and some really very smart people, people who can teach you a world every single day. Fun and mostly relaxed place to work. You easily make very good friends here. Free food. Opportunities to travel.

Cons

Salary. Don't expect to move up the ladder if you don't slog more than the required hours every day. It's expected of you to do more than your responsibilities. The free & open culture that made this place what it is is deteriorating very very fast, old timers are getting unhappier with every passing day, some of them have already quit. The company is slowly & steadily moving into the direction of organizations like TCS, Infosys etc. where they are hiring (not so smart) people without any mind and putting them on the beach (bench). Some projects are really very bad and people staffed on them are growing unhappy every day and yet somehow these clients have become the most important to ThoughtWorks India. The technology focus is slowly waning and the upper management which is mostly non-techy is vehemently trying to promote a culture where the client's business would become much more important than being a tech-first company, even in the face of staunch opposition from the technologists. We're no longer about tech at core. For an organization which has a claim to flat hierarchy agility, it's becoming far too process oriented. The culture is changing so fast that many old timers don't connect with it any more but favoritism for people who do connect is increasing every day. Politics is increasing too. Fake Social and Economic justice campaigns. The company prides itself with a commitment to social and economic justice, something which is one of the foundational pillars of this company (P3). But it is mostly a sugar coated term for promoting the leftist, socialist agenda of its American founder who thinks he knows better about India than Indians. This has led to formal associations with CPI & CPM backed organizations which is really scary. Bottomline - the best time to join and work for ThoughtWorks has passed and I can only see the company getting worse off from here.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Pour coffee over yourself and wake up now. Or else you'd throw this great company built over the years to the dogs. People who are complaining for a long time are not just cribbing. They are genuine ThoughtWorkers who have cared about this company for long. Sit up, take notice and listen to them. This is not the ThoughtWorks I joined, this is not the ThoughtWorks we have known for years. I am quitting soon but there might still be time to salvage it all.

ThoughtWorks2015-11-04

"My review of TW"

Applications Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at ThoughtWorks

Pros

good smart people to work with. one of the best places to learn good SW engg for fresh graduates

Cons

Less pay, and the P3 work agenda is only a cover up to pay less

Advice to Management

Pay more, otherwise many will leave.

ThoughtWorks2015-02-25