Thumbtack Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.6
Thumbtack CEO Marco Zappacosta
Marco Zappacosta
Pros
Cons
  • "There are little to no significant cons to working here, other than growing pains are causing parking to become an issue(in 25 reviews)

• "They don't offer any 401K matching(in 17 reviews)

1. "Great Culture and Mission"

Current Employee - Analyst in Draper, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thumbtack actually cares about their employees, pros on the platform, and customers. It has been amazing to work for a company that prioritizes time off, benefits, and mental health, while still offering challenging and engaging work. Thumbtack is very thorough in their hiring practices, and as a result, we have a lot of great people.

Cons

From where I am sitting, I do not feel like there are many clear paths to growing into leadership. However, I do not feel this is the same for all teams at TT.

Advice to Management

Marco has a good vision for the future of the company and I really appreciate that the end result of the success of Thumbtack is the success of small businesses. As long as we focus on developing with the customer and pro experience in mind, it will be hard to go wrong.

Thumbtack2019-12-06
  2. "Wonderful people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Thumbtack full-time

Pros

- Authentic CEO who knows how to take care of people and also make tough business decisions (not one of the bombastic sociopaths you typically find in that role) - Best culinary team in the Bay Area tech scene - Almost all coworkers are nice to work with and worthy of making personal connections with - Excellent work-life balance. You can make time for life outside work and take generous time off to recharge,... travel etc - Great office location in SF

Cons

- Frequent major product changes on professionals side make it confusing for both customers and employees - Slower revenue growth than desired - Rank-and-file need more confidence on path to long term success - Good but not magical product; low brand awareness

Advice to Management

- Protect great culture - Work on simplifying professionals product experience - Work on building employee confidence on achieving long term goals - Hire more experienced people (balance skewed too junior) - Invest more time on building brand awareness

Thumbtack2019-12-01
  3. "A wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culinary team is amazing (3 homemade meals a day, can't beat it!), a lot of autonomy, a mission you can get behind and a team that works hard but also has a lot of fun.

Cons

I don't have any negative things to say about working here.

Thumbtack2019-11-14
  4. "A place that really cares"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that really pays attention to small details, from the interview process/pace to the office experience to onboarding... Also, there are enough challenges for us to solve, room to grow. Very happy about the decision to join Thumbtack.

Cons

not that much, I see them mostly as opportunities.

Thumbtack2019-11-04
  5. "Really good company with a phenomenal goal"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

- From top to bottom, people at Thumbtack are incredibly smart but also friendly and helpful - The product has a positive impact on customers and businesses - Growing company with a lot of opportunities to grow with it - Fantastic perks and a culture that is set up to think about employees

Cons

- Seems like we are not making fast progress in some areas including the core product - Thumbtack needs more leadership as we grow in size and impact. There are a lot of junior employees that need more mentorship and guidance - Some major changes might be leading to people losing steam and lower energy across the board

Thumbtack2019-11-12
  6. "Great company and team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing teammates - One of the best culinary teams - Plenty of opportunities for career growth - Great work-life balance

Cons

- Some teams are very low on headcount - The planning process is overkill. Either trim down the process or lower the frequency from every quarter to every trimester

Advice to Management

- Need to push harder on recruiting and headcount planning

Thumbtack2019-10-12
  7. "Best Company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Draper, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits here are unheard of. Thumbtack takes care of their employees & does a great job at protecting the special culture they have created here. It's a breath of fresh air waking up & being excited to go to work. The product is awesome and is a very transactional sales process.

Cons

As of now there isn't a 401k match. That's literally the only con I can think of.

Advice to Management

Please continue to protect the culture that has been created here. It's what makes Thumbtack so awesome. Keep up the great work. We are excited about the growth.

Thumbtack2019-10-09
  8. "This is the place you want to work"

Current Employee - Associate Account Executive in Draper, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, People-Oriented, Modern, Comfortable, Life-Changing. This is such a great place to work. They have people in place to make it a experience every day. You feel like you're part of something bigger. Your feedback is actually valued, and the training process is thorough and very informational.

Cons

Only two meals free every day, not three. Cold work environment.

Thumbtack2019-10-09
  9. "Great Company and Great Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Draper, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fair compensation On-site chef Flexible work schedule Great benefits

Cons

Constantly changing things around, lots of growth happening so it can feel fast paced

Advice to Management

Love management. Would like to see regular trainings

10. "Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Associate Account Executive in Draper, UT

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch everyday made by culinary staff on site, free snacks and drinks, ping pong, benefits starting on day one. Leadership does an excellent job of making sure that people are working hard and are having fun.

Cons

I literally cannot think of a single con to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

Found 247 reviews