Tiffany & Co. Seasonal Sales Professional Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Jun 27, 2019

3.3
Tiffany & Co. CEO Alessandro Bogliolo
Alessandro Bogliolo
  1. "Not bad working experience"

Current Contractor - Seasonal Sales Professional in Sydney

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. for less than a year

Pros

Nice team Good training Good employee's discount

Cons

Long shift Hard to balance work and personal life

Tiffany & Co.2019-06-27
  2. "Beautiful products, manipulative co-worker"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Professional in Chadstone

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for less than a year

Pros

Constantly busy, time flies, surrounded by beautiful merchandise

Cons

Politics behind the scenes, they view high performance a threat and kick you out

Advice to Management

If you want business to succeed, hire high performers

Tiffany & Co.2019-05-26
  3. "Apply!"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Professional in Calgary, AB

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for less than a year

Pros

One of if not the best company I've worked for

Cons

Sales floor gets a little too competitive at times

Tiffany & Co.2018-05-14
  4. "Great stepping stone into luxury retail and business operations"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Professional

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

Opportunity to gain experience in luxury retail. Seemed to provide a lot of professional development opportunities.

Cons

Full-time and part-time employees were disappointed in management and pay was dismal in comparison to other luxury retailers.

Tiffany & Co.2018-02-06
  5. "Seasonal Sales Professional"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. part-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best retail jobs I have ever had. Tiffany & Co. management takes the time to actually train staff. You are never left not knowing what to do and embarrassed. Co-workers are happy to help out when its needed. I did not have a hard time fitting in here.

Cons

Sometimes co-workers can be sassy. But this is expected working in a top name store on Bloor St.. If you can't handle the heat of meeting sales goals or competing with your peers, than this isn't the position for you.

Advice to Management

My experience with management was great. Nothing to complain about.

Tiffany & Co.2018-01-05

"Great Company Culture"

Seasonal Sales Professional in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

Most people are helpful, warm and inviting. Management really seems to want to ensure employees are happy and set up for success.

Cons

Can be a little competitive sometimes with other Sales Professionals. The lines of communication can get easily crossed.

Tiffany & Co.2017-08-26
  7. "Sales Professional"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in Melbourne

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good work life balance

Cons

Very strange hours. Not sure why.

Tiffany & Co.2017-09-04

"Luxury Environment, excellent training but poor support, poor pay and ruthless colleagues"

Seasonal Sales Professional in London, England

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

The positive of working with Tiffany & Co, they are a prestigious and iconic company, so to have the privilege to be employed by such a company is exciting. Staff discount was good but only on silver jewellery. The staff on boarding/training days at the Shard are outstanding, the training is intense but invaluable knowledge and really sets you up for going into store. It is an easily recognisable company to have... on your CV.

Cons

Where to begin.....many sadly. It is with regret, during my time here as a seasonal temp I did not have the most pleasant experience. I thought I would have the magical experience that was promised, but it is far from that. Staff and management are in such a clique, the other permanent staff took a real dislike to temps joining and made me feel so isolated. They are all there for a sale, and ruthless in how they... get it, they will take sales from the temps as they know it all adds to their commission at the end of the month. I was undermined by one staff member in particular on numerous occasions and in front of my clients too, which is just unprofessional, especially when clients are spending a large sum of money. I was told to only spend my time on clients spending lots of money, not those just spending £100-£200 as they said they'll be one off clients. I treated every client the same and gave each one the same magical experience of being the store regardless of the amount they spent. No support from management when needed. I would often come to the shop floor to help out on my lunch break as the permanent staff refused to take time out of theirs. 2 months on and I am still yet to receive my wages!!! Stock of items is very, very low and a huge issue as so many sales were lost from this. No care of support given to lower level staff what so ever. I was praised on several occasions by clients who willingly asked for my manager or supervisor to praise me, none of this was ever acknowledged by the manager, and was quickly brushed over.

Advice to Management

Having been a manager in luxury retail prior to this position, I would never have treated my staff regardless of them being temps in the way I was treated, or even let other staff members treat people in their team the way I was treated. This store in particular needs to look at its stock and improve customer service. If you have a good temp seasonal member, maybe keep them on and not just drop them. If a client... comes forward and personally praises a member of staff, acknowledge it and praise the staff member yourself.

Tiffany & Co.2017-02-24

"Tiffany & Crap"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Professional in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for less than a year

Pros

Great discounts Great recruitment process by HR Work here if you enjoy a competitive, superficial relationship with your team mates. Also if you get a thrill from immature backstabbing and gossiping, PK47 is the perfect place for you.

Cons

Poor soft skills from management- no positive encouragement or motivation Poor training for new employees about products and procedures No quality one-on-one training for new employees Very competitive environment Hostile employee culture Cliques within teams - making new employees unwelcome Long-term staff very complacent New staff were excluded from Christmas party?! Tiffany's way of making new staff feel... welcomed.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring 15+ new employees every Christmas season, direct efforts towards retaining your valuable employees. Discounts and pay aren't enough to retain today's top talent! You need to offer opportunities for career advancement, proper in-house training and support to help develop your employees.

Tiffany & Co.2016-04-10

"Full-Timers Dislike Seasonals"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Professional in San Diego, CA

I worked at Tiffany & Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

You will get some kind and amazing customers that come in. You will also get 1% commission on every item you sell. A great part-time opportunity during the holiday season to make extra cash.

Cons

Full-timers somehow believe that Seasonals are out to steal every sale. There was a blatant division the holiday season I worked there. Full-timers are under a lot of pressure to meet their Monthly Sales Goals, so each time a Seasonal takes a customer, a Full-Timer sees that as a threat. Everyone basically hates each other but gets along well when eating together in the kitchen...it's strange. There are peaks and... valleys of productivity. There are times when business is really slow so you try to find anything to do to look occupied so management doesn't get upset that you're not wiping the counters or straightening things for the 3rd time in an hour (sorta sarcasm, mostly true). The days leading up to Christmas were the worst. You get fine customers before the rush, but during it, you get everyone and anyone. Most people will buy the Return to Tiffany bracelet or necklace, and you have to show them A LOT because customers think they're buying something truly unique when everyone and their mom has the same thing. My advice for anyone contemplating becoming a Seasonal is to go for it but to remember when a Full-Timer bullies you or talks trash behind your back, you will soon be out of there.

Tiffany & Co.2016-01-14