Tiffany & Co. "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Tiffany & Co. Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 20 Dec 2019

3.3
Tiffany & Co. CEO Alessandro Bogliolo
Alessandro Bogliolo
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"great co workers - a few exceptions, HR needs overhual and introduction to 2020"

Current Employee - Model Maker in Pelham, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Some recent positive updates to the HR and Management hold promise. Most Co-workers are amazing , especially outside manufacturing dept( a few exceptions ), decent benefits,

Cons

Seems to have been a consorted effort to discriminate legally against injured workers, some are fearful of reporting injuries. Upper management is hardly seen, could be room for improvement there. Not much possibility for advancement.

Advice to Management

could use a return to the principled legacy ideals that LCT started with and perhaps sales will improve. get the feeling your bosses have no clue as to what it takes to achieve the things you do over and over. read our mission statement and policies. have more specifically experienced management, promote from within.

Tiffany & Co.2019-12-21

"It is not worth it"

Former Employee - 12hr Machine Operator in Cumberland, RI

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy work, and it was close to home. plus the work hour fitted my schedule

Cons

the pay, the way time is kept for overnight workers. Was told i would get a 48hr week and a 36 hour workweek per pay period, but thats not the case. was told i was going to receive 20hrs ot pay per paycheck but only getting less than 12hrs. sacrifice weekends for nothing the employees get no benefits for working weekends. was told we had to work holidays but we get "double pay" all that is is u get paid for working, and then the holiday pay. normal company pay for holiday anyways. upper management and the hr department are completely lost. they do not know what is going on or how things work. night shift guys get fully shafted. company constantly doing layoffs then hiring new people mostly people who speak english as a second language so they can take full advantage of their ignorance.

Advice to Management

figure out how you are running the 12hr shifts before u start lying to new hirees. its all been nothing but lies

Tiffany & Co.2019-07-27

"Tiffany & Co. have no respect for their employees, all they care is how much money you can make for them."

Former Contractor - Inside Sales Representative in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for more than a year

Pros

Good discounts on their overly price jewelry, that's all!

Cons

Fake upper management therefore the leads are unprofessional and lazy. When working at headquarters in Parsippany, NJ there is no commission, but the pressure to sell, sell, sell its unbelievable. For the holidays seasons even going to the bathroom is a pressure. Lunch time is hectic, you literally have to shove your food in your mouth in seconds. The do pay for your extra time, but if you say no to it they will give you the look of "you suck". It feels like you are working in factory more than a so call prestigious company like this one. Be careful when they lay you off, they might denied it and lie to the unemployment office saying that you decided to leave the company. It has happened to more than one person. It is not what you think.

Advice to Management

Remember to have respect and be honest the the workers. Don't lie to them and make them believe what is not true. Companies don't have bad employees, they have bad management most of the time.

Tiffany & Co.2019-03-22

"Replenishment"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Great team for the most part

Cons

DVPs defer to everyone else. Do not genuinely care about most issues unless upper management points it out

Advice to Management

The lack of concern for low morale and unfair viewpoint regarding promotions is very discouraging. Also having inefficient managers who are just good at pushing their work onto others is hurting productivity.

Tiffany & Co.2017-12-10

"Good Company"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Friendly and intelligent people who are passionate about the success of the brand.

Cons

Recent changes in upper management have caused an environment of inconsistent strategy and path forward. Opportunity for this to improve with newly appointed CEO.

Tiffany & Co.2017-11-14

"Weird Corporate Culture, Low Pay, Not connected to Stores"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great brand to have on your resume. Some teams are known to work really well together and be collaborative, unlike some other companies in retail/luxury retail where coworkers are known to be much nastier. The dress code in headquarters is now pretty casual, which is nice. There's a lot of excitement around the new Design Officer's first year/first collections. Reed Krakoff -- wheee

Cons

Salary is lower than market. Very little opportunity to move upward since the higher up you go, the more people love their jobs. Directors and VPs LOVE it and almost never leave, so there are a lot of lateral moves employees make in order to grow; otherwise, they leave. I've worked in 7 other companies and I've never seen the amount of whispering and hushed conversations as I've seen at Tiffany & Co. It's very strange. Information is not shared easily, and everything seems to be a secret. There has been a lot of movement in upper upper management (CEO left, head designer left), so VERY many things have been shaken up. There have been a lot of organizational changes. Most isn't effecting the retail stores, but corporate has been FEELING it

Tiffany & Co.2017-04-30

"Once great company has declined quickly"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great discounts... that's about it at the current moment.

Cons

Where to begin. Horrible management, I mean the worst I have seen at any company I have worked for. Managers that curse and scream on a daily basis, pretend to work, make racist remarks, stay in there office, complain about their employees being stupid. That's just to name a few of the things I've seen over the past years. The store has been hemorrhaging employees to the point there is no one left. No one wants to come to work anymore because of the atmosphere. And upper management couldn't care less. Sales have been down for quite some time and the economy doesn't match the sales plan numbers which just go up yearly. Upper management just sits and smiles with there 7+ figure incomes. While the lower employees and back bone of the company slowly die mentally and financially. It's an insane circle that I've never seen at any other company. And good luck trying to advance because there are no positions and no room to advance. They will tell you otherwise when you get hired and lie about advancing but believe me you will find nothing since all management and upper management is given to outside luxury competitor company positions to try and get an upper hand on other companies. Its a VERY toxic ecosystem that just will not last. Everyone I know wants to quit.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You have amazing empoyees that have worked here a very long time and are looking elsewhere since the management you are employing could care less about us. I wouldn't employee half the management to run a strip club, much less a almost 200 year old american iconic luxury company.

Tiffany & Co.2016-10-23
  8. "Great company to work for since new changes at the top"

in Cold Spring, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co. for more than a year

Pros

Great company and great benefits. Very beautiful environment to work in. Interesting work, and good work / life balance. Good potential for career growth.

Cons

Cruel department head, and upper management that enabled that behavior. I've heard that it has since changed as there has been much turnover, so things are likely much better.

Tiffany & Co.2016-08-02

"Creative Production Manager"

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Good team environment, work/life balance, career development opportunity given to those with management potential, travel

Cons

Upper Management disconnection,some misalignment on culture in organization,

Tiffany & Co.2016-03-26
  10. "T&Co. tarnished more than it's sterling silver"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in The Hague

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The merchandise is a product you can get behind. Employee benefits are generous. Great sales, operations, and store level management employees.

Cons

Work life balance is not an option. The company is lacking a voice and a clear path. Current CEO has not proven his leadership to the individuals at the store level and that makes company initiatives difficult to get behind. The message is always changing with no clear explanation or expectation. Upper Management (MVP's and Up) check the box and have no idea what is going on in their markets and stores. They are often incorrect in gauging market trends and don't factor in reality. Too many metrics and not enough getting back to the basics and focusing on the things that work. There's a lot of speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

Advice to Management

Get back to what made T&Co. great. Really look into the operating hours of the store and actual market needs. Quit hiring outside the company and develop and reward those in the inside. Return to the time when work/life balance was a priority. Quit pushing out more initiatives and go one month letting your store managers and directors actually lead their stores as they feel it needs to be run - you will be pleasantly surprised at the results you will find when you put your trust in your team instead of the micromanaging you are currently doing.

Tiffany & Co.2016-03-16