TinyCo Reviews

Updated 8 Aug 2018

3.1
TinyCo Chief Executive Officer Chris DeWolfe (no image)
Chris DeWolfe
0 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management 'encourages' the implementation of ideas from other games without checking whether it's even apt for the game(in 10 reviews)

• "It's hard to make a real impact on the decision-making for the games that are made (but small effects are easy)(in 4 reviews)

1. "Climb up the ladder, then jump"

I worked at TinyCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Tons to do, especially if you're lower down the pecking order - Learn a lot within a short duration - Good set of people who are ridiculously talented - Open door policy, or rather, no door policy - Definitely trying to be better as a company

Cons

- Upper management 'encourages' the implementation of ideas from other games without checking whether it's even apt for the game - Too many people higher up with too little gaming experience to call the shots - Sometimes imposes unrealistic deadlines which ends up being a black mark against the 'minion' rather than the management

TinyCo2014-08-04
  2. "Incredible stressful, but the experience was worth it's weight in gold"

I worked at TinyCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good bunch of employees - Employee meals taken care of - Lots of responsibility given

Cons

- Management heavy - Not enough designers - Games made were too "inspiried"

TinyCo2014-01-15
  3. "Data Analyst"

I worked at TinyCo full-time

Pros

very nice people to work with

Cons

can be super busy sometimes, many ad-hoc analysis can make the work less organized.

TinyCo2018-08-08
  4. "Good, passionate people trying to make great games."

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TinyCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There’s catered lunch a few days a week and catered dinner. Work life balance is mostly good other than understandably right before a big game release. Best coworkers you will ever work with!

Cons

401k marching is non existent. No bonuses or equity or any other structure exists to make me feel like I have a stake in company success.

TinyCo2017-11-11
  5. "Dedicated people working in a changing market"

I worked at TinyCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people - Access to great brands for games - Strong employee culture

Cons

- Lots of recent changes happening. could make things choppy in the short-term

TinyCo2017-11-06
  6. "Not Bad"

I have been working at TinyCo full-time

Pros

Young and open atmosphere, good resources

Cons

Sometimes strange culture, infighting and politics

TinyCo2017-06-14

June 16, 2017Team TinyCo

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Over the last few years, our studio has experienced a lot of growth. This includes huge new games/projects, to a handful of awesome new talent to our teams. With growth, comes some growing pains. We readily admit that we’re not perfect but have taken steps to continuing our TinyCo traditions like our annual Talent Shows and Company Picnics, as well as adding community building opportunities like our Culture Committee & Quarterly Team Outings. Feedback like yours is immensely helpful in continuing with the successes of our studio, and for that, we are extremely grateful. :)

"Reasonable Place"

Former Employee - C++ Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at TinyCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good IPs - Convenient location - Talented and smart people

Cons

- No proper HR - Unfriendly people - Salary well under industry standards - Average benefits, no 401k matching

TinyCo2017-04-01

June 16, 2017Team TinyCo

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback. We’re still a small but growing studio, and always eager to improve our current practices. As we move forward, we are/will be evaluating additional ways to create a better environment for our employees. A few are already in place, such as our recent addition of 100% Company Paid Employee Medical, Dental & Vision, and Unlimited PTO. Thank you again. Feedback like this helps more than anything. :)

8. "Stable gaming studio"

I have been working at TinyCo full-time

Pros

Benefits have improved, strong IPs, fun culture. Good work life balance. Smart and passionate people.

Cons

No commuter benefits or 401K matching. Management needs some structure.

TinyCo2017-03-24

June 16, 2017Team TinyCo

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. We are definitely working on it! As we grow, we will continue to reevaluate our benefits & cool awesome perks for our talented TinyTeam. Just this year, we have introduced 100% Company Paid Employee Medical, Dental & Vision, Unlimited PTO and Quarterly Team Outings. Thank you again for your feedback. Your thoughts are always appreciated!

9. "A great Family!"

5.0

I have been working at TinyCo full-time

Pros

TinyCo is growing and working on some of the best brands in the world in a great, casual and fun environment. The company has great benefits and prioritizes work/life balance over short term goals.

Cons

Some growing pains remain that the company acknowledges and works toward fixing.

TinyCo2017-01-25

June 16, 2017Team TinyCo

Woot! Woot! For sure, this would not be possible without our family/team. :)

"Beware"

1.0

I worked at TinyCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good IPs (at questionable bargains) The standard start-up flair (free snacks, dinner, basic benefits package) Good location

Cons

Manipulates reviews so be warned. Chaotic (sometimes non-functional) environments are the norm. Most talent maintaining the studio is long gone or was let go with only a handful of competent employees keeping operations going. Power-hungry management is corrupt and cliquish. The company has survived on a revolving door of talent to hide their tenured shortcomings. Most managers are trench promotes with no ability or experience being one and it shows from their turnover rate. They often berate employees both privately and publicly to secure their own positions in the petty political environment. This creates a cultish vibe that oppresses original thinking. This is only a place for those desperate to break into the industry. The allure of big name franchises attracts but comes at a cost of their current potential and capabilities. Pay close attention to the non-5 star reviews and recent acquisition.

TinyCo2016-12-05