Total Quality Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Kenneth Oaks
1,677 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance Can be tough the first couple of years" (in 231 reviews)

• "Takes a little while to build your book of business" (in 104 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I’m in my 20s and making Six figures."

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The chance to make a lot of money. Everyone here is willing to help everyone else. All the STLs and SGLs are great and always helping out. The environment is laid back even though the job is hard.

Cons

I was told when I started it would be hard and told all the negative things about the job. They weren’t just trying to scare me, it really is hard. It’s way harder than I thought it would be. I didn’t start making commission until almost 2 years. I was coming in at 7 and leaving at 6 everyday and it eventually paid off and now I’m extremely happy. I went through spurts of wanting to quit a few times but I’m extremely happy I stayed because I’m making money that I never thought I would be able to now. I’ve seen so many people quit and not stick it out.

Advice to Management

New manager in the office and things are awesome. He genuinely seems to care and wants his employees to all be successful.

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Na-Duar
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Na-Duar

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited income potential, amazing atmosphere, zero micro managing, family friendly, the management team really does care about the individual employees.

Cons

You have to make a lot of phone calls, all being cold. You will be hung up on, receive a lot of voicemails and still not get the sales required.

3. "Goid environment"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics part-time

Pros

Good seniors behaviour and attitude

Cons

No downsides of working in

4. "Good working experience"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

Good working environment, Nice place to work

Cons

Communications must be clear bet management teams.

5. "Anonymous"

I worked at Total Quality Logistics full-time

Pros

Great work culture, managemnet team and incentives

Cons

worklife balance, supervisor, social media

Advice to Management

Improve worklife

"Not Just Another Sales Job"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Greenville, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Greenville, SC (US)

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Uncapped Commission (This speaks for its self. You are in charge of how much money you end up taking home at the end of the week)
    - Repeat business
    -Entrepreneurial (Yes you do still have sales goals. But at the end of the day as long as you are hitting your goals you have the freedom to choose what to go after and how to run your book of business.)
    -Self-directed (there are no call lists, there are no scripts. You are guided on sales techniques and strategies but how you decide to implement them is up to you. For some this may Con. But for a self-starter it is great not to have "Big brother" breathing down your neck.)
    - Constant innovation- Many companies are against change. TQL is not one of them, constantly the support departments are making improvements and changes to software and procedures. Yes, this can sometimes be frustrating but much less frustrating than companies that are set in their ways and are not looking to take advice from the people working with the systems daily.

Management- They are here to help you succeed. They want you to succeed and as long as you are coachable they will do everything they can to help you.

Conclusion:
    If you are looking for a job, this is probably not a good fit for you. If you are someone that would like to run their own business with support and infrastructure of a large company and minimal oversight from management (once you get established) look no further. The opportunity is great if you are willing to take advantage of it.

Cons

- Hours (especially starting out you will be putting in 10+ hours a day if you want to succeed. By no means are you required to do this, but from experience that is what makes the difference between those who thrive at this company and those that are just here for a job)
    -Work Life balance- You will be on call 24/7/365 (this is dictated by the book of business that you put together. Some reps rarely get calls on nights or weekends, others are constantly getting calls.) I have been here 3+ years and probably average 10-15 after hours calls a week (this is after I leave which is typically around 6-7pm)

7. "Great place to work. Fun atmosphere."

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity. You are given an opportunity to make a lot of money if you are willing to put forth the effort.

Cons

It is up to you. If you aren't motivated then you won't make it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

8. "Truly THE Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Logistics Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since the very beginning, I knew I wanted to stay at TQL for the rest of my working life. The environment is fun, friendly, team-oriented, and fast-paced (which I love). The leaders are respectful and truly care about your growth in the company and as a person. The opportunities for growth are endless. I have worked here a little over a year and already make more than my previous job that I held for 9 years. The leaders constantly coach you and help you reach your full potential.

Cons

You need to come to work and actually work every day. If you are not a hard worker or have poor work ethic, you're not going to make it here. Hard work pays off big time though.

Advice to Management

Keep respecting your employees the way you already do!

"TQL Greenville"

Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Greenville, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Greenville, SC (US)

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

uncapped commission, advancement opportunity, competitive culture

Cons

work life balance, it take time and a lot of hours to become successful.

"Great opportunity that is well worth the hard work and long hours needed to reach success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment
    Excellent training program
    Most all, great opportunity. Your hard work directly correlates with your paychecks and there are no limits to it. 6 figures within a couple of years of working is very attainable.

Cons

A lot of hard work
    Cold calling = lots of rejection
    Long hours (but the money makes it worth it and it gets better after the first 1-2 years it takes to get established)

Advice to Management

Don't change!