TranSystems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

TranSystems Reviews

Found 108 reviews

Rick Morsches
Pros
  • "Great people in individual offices(in 6 reviews)

• "Forward thinking, great talent employed here, excellent benefits, remarkable work-life balance, cohesive team setting, dedicated employees(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  1. "No benefits, and Project Manager was horrible"

I have been working at TranSystems full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great experience to interact with people. Great way to know LA COUNTY public system.

Cons

Horrible Project Manager, cussing at staff for his mistakes.

Advice to Management

Change PM.

TranSystems2019-03-23
  2. "Business Development/Marketing"

I worked at TranSystems full-time

Pros

Gain experience creating high dollar proposals Good experience to have on a resume

Cons

Little to no direction from management No training Team members dispersed throughout the United States Lays off hardworking people who are good at their jobs for no reason Take no responsibility for lack of leadership company-wide Constant fear of who will be laid off next - uncomfortable work environment

Advice to Management

Please treat your BD/Marketing people better. Instead of acting like they are disposable, invest in training them to become whatever it is TranSystems is looking for in a BD/Marketing professional.

TranSystems2018-11-08
  3. "Data Collector"

I worked at TranSystems part-time

Pros

Get to explore LA County

Cons

Project Manager was not understandable and did not seem to care about the project

TranSystems2018-09-09

"Data Collection"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TranSystems part-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work outside. Good team, poor managers.

Cons

Mangement was bad. Seems to care more about pace than accuracy. Employees also sent with poor resources and buggy equipment. Project was a lot of wasted time and not efficient at all.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Actually care about project and industry.

TranSystems2018-09-30

"Crash and Burn"

Former Employee - IT Manager

I worked at TranSystems full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Learned a lot while working there. Used to have great admin staff. Once had opportunities to advance.

Cons

The IT department has almost completely turned over. Company seems shaky in regions outside of middle-America. Sometimes it feels like no one is minding the store.

Advice to Management

Reward the employees that stayed loyal to the company despite the ups and downs. Be transparent as possible about the future direction of the company.

TranSystems2018-05-03

"April 2018 Supervisor Class"

Current Employee - Construction Manager in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at TranSystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a lean group of talented professionals, and working remotely is easy to accomplish, as well as working with other folks from other offices, etc. I would also think that the culture has adapted to the improvements in training and technology.

Cons

Each office has found a niche based on the most recent projects it has been working on and it appears that some of the possible business opportunities are being missed since that office does not have those specialists who pursue this work.

Advice to Management

Keep letting the troops know that you are listening and taking these strides to improve the work environment and the business itself.

TranSystems2018-04-12
  7. "Project Manager"

I have been working at TranSystems full-time

Pros

Diversity / volume of project work Big / important projects Value people as assets

Cons

Typical issues when working as consultant Mild bureaucracy appropriate with firm size

Advice to Management

Continued focus on enhancing role of EI growing future leaders

TranSystems2018-04-15

"Minimum to Zero Appreciation for Good, Hardworking Employees."

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at TranSystems full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Overall good atmosphere in the studio between production people and managers.

Cons

No bonuses, little to zero appreciation for hard work, triple standards for treatments and salary raises (depends on how much your supervisor likes you, has nothing to do how you perform).

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who surround you, you don't want to be left with people who have nothing to say.

TranSystems2018-04-07

April 12, 2018VP HR

This has been an area of opportunity for us. We actually had a record year of recognition through out Excellence in Action Program after we updated it and most recently added a new High Five award that has taken off extremely well increasing recognition across the company. Our goal ...

"Disappointed and disgusted"

I worked at TranSystems full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Some really talented people. People from the small local office were great to work with. Experience on a local level was mostly pleasant.

Cons

Terrible, TERRIBLE leadership; especially on a corporate level. Promote inexperienced people to leadership roles who then implement poorly designed methods/processes. Horrible communication from leadership/corporate (often lying about pending layoffs, office closures) Cheap. CEO plays favorites - blinded by his own antiquated, narrow-minded experience. Most management is threatened by outside perspectives. Do...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees. Stop caring more about stakeholder payouts and more about the honest, hardworking people trying to support themselves on the meager salaries you provide (compensation is NOT competitive) Quit playing favorites and promoting well-intentioned but inexperienced people. Instead hire leaders with strong records of success, employee retention and a plan for driving success within departments....

TranSystems2018-01-23

April 12, 2018VP HR

I am sorry your experience was not a positive one. Communication across any company is an ongoing challenge which we have been pursing head on to minimize misunderstandings such as this. The typical response via Glassdoor is from disappointed past employees who for whatever reason ...

10. "Structural Engineer"

I have been working at TranSystems full-time

Pros

Good place to work. Exposed to a lot. Worked mainly on bridge inspection and some load ratings. Get to work with other offices when light on work.

Cons

Unfortunately, I was stuck with a micro-manager. Also, was given a hard time about time off for not giving sufficient notice when I gave 2 weeks (this probably depends on your manager in your local office).

TranSystems2017-12-13

April 12, 2018VP HR

Very sorry for your experience. We have very highly rated team leaders in our firm as scored by their employees. That being said, I understand the reality is that not firm is perfect and we do strive for excellence among our Team Leader ranks. Very proud of the work they do.

Found 108 reviews