TransPerfect Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 53 of over 2,212 reviews

3.3
TransPerfect President and CEO Phil Shawe (no image)
Phil Shawe
Pros
  • "Highly motivated team, great work environment(in 71 reviews)

• "This is a great company with great people and rewards people based on merit(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "quick burnout/poor work life balance(in 112 reviews)

• "The translation process relies on younger workers working long hours(in 112 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting India

Join the conversation on

Consulting India

1y

works at

Wipro

Hello everyone, Let's post our CTC and take home of every month, it will help many. Having home loan, mine is 16L, 1.05L every month.

3,039

1148 Comments

Consulting India

220.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TransPerfect~32824
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Learn, but Employees Are Undervalued

Nov 30, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-They hire go getters that work well on a team. I made some amazing friends in the office and overseas that will last for years. -Satisfying and relevant work that keeps you interested -Training is a mixed bag depending on your team lead, but most people throughout the company understand where new people are coming from and keep things low stakes initially to warm you up. -Very independent work if that’s your style -Goals are clear -My manager was very kind, intelligent, and supportive. There are great people like them throughout the company. -Quarterly bonuses based on team impact (at managers’ discretion)

Cons

-Financial accountability/transparency is concerning. Partially due to COVID, pay structure was changed after promotions were given and a quarterly back payment program was implemented to supplement the difference between what was initially promised to promoted employees and the new structure. This was not recognized by HR as a salary increase (although it was implemented to directly supplement salary), getting any amounts in writing was nearly impossible (only verbal or video call confirmation), and your manager is responsible for remembering to get it to you on time. -Adding to the above, it feels like the same tactics we are taught to use to underpay linguists are used for employees. -I’ve learned about changes in overtime pay through Glassdoor rather than the company. -No/low quality company issued technology -Workload can be very high for months on end with no relief or plan for relief in place -Burnout is frequent -Not much room or time for growth outside of management or PMing -Turnover is high so it can be difficult to stabilize workload when a team is mostly new hires in training

6 people found this review helpful

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, we are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at TransPerfect. We strive to create a supportive and encouraging workplace environment for current and prospective employees. We are disappointed to see that this was not the case for you. Please contact glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to further voice your experience. We are always open to hearing about how we can improve our processes and foster continued growth.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice company

Nov 16, 2021 - Project Coordinator in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Training is good and rigorous.

Cons

Started remotely due to covid. Would be good to do more team events.

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time working/interacting with TransPerfect and our London team. We are always working to provide a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all of our employees, prospective employees and clients alike. Should you ever wish to reach out and provide additional comments please reach out to glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate you and wish you the best.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

No work-life balance

May 9, 2021 - Program Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Challenging work Opportunity for growth

Cons

Pay is not competitive Zero work-life balance Expected to take promotions without confirmation on pay- and expected to perform duties of promotions with good faith that eventually you’ll receive some form of a raise Many employees have reported mental and physical health concerns from being overworked

4 people found this review helpful

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, thank you for providing feedback to us, we are glad that you are enjoying the people and opportunities for growth. If you’d like to discuss with us on how to improve management and the work/life balance, please reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate your honesty and look forward to hearing from you.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to jumpstart your career

Apr 27, 2021 - Product Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture in this company

Cons

Potentially pay lower than your worth

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi there, thank you for your feedback, we are constantly working to improve our policies, processes and experiences for current and prospective employees alike. Please feel free to reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to discuss further your experience, we appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Grueling culture, pays off if you stick it out

May 3, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Once you’ve been there for a few years, the salary gets better and there is a lot of location flexibility - Some really great people there - Interesting work

Cons

- Inflexible hours - Low work life balance - Salary is ridiculously low until you reach a relatively senior level

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, thank you for providing feedback to us, we are glad that you grew to enjoy TransPerfect. If you’d like to discuss with us on how to improve the employee experience for our new hires, please reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate your honesty and look forward to hearing from you.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stay away unless you like being exploited

Mar 5, 2021 - Executive Project Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There are some great people in middle management who will try to make your day to day work a little more bearable, but ultimately they don't have the power to change the terrible working conditions

Cons

- Miserable pay, you will be promised raises and bonuses which you'll never get - You will be expected to work overtime on a regular basis - You will constantly have a ridiculous workload because the company takes on all the work they can get regardless of capacity - You will have many responsibilities outside of your job description which you will never get paid or recognized for - The company's only goal is to make money and save money, so they will take every opportunity they get to pay you even less or cut costs, no matter what has to be sacrificed in the process - The company prefers to hire young college graduates without experience as they will complain less about the inhumane working conditions - High turnover - Slow and outdated IT systems

10 people found this review helpful

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jan 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company with great people and rewards people based on merit.

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

1 person found this review helpful

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hi, we are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your time working with TransPerfect. We are always working to provide a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all of our employees, prospective employees and clients alike. Should you ever wish to reach out and provide additional comments please reach out to glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com. We appreciate you and wish you the best.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

TLS Review

Jan 15, 2021 - Strategic Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and work environment. Super friendly and positive. People work hard here.

Cons

No raise or increase in pay after working for a while. Hard to see where to move up.

Director, Global Recruitment & Culture

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we are constantly working to improve our policies, processes and experiences for current and prospective employees alike. Please feel free to reach out to us at glassdoor_feedback@transperfect.com if you’d like to discuss further your experience, we appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

9. 2.0