TripAdvisor Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Stephen Kaufer

"Great place to work !"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many opportunities to learn new things. There is almost a university feel to its campus HQ. Very flexible in working from home.

Cons

All the action is in Needham,MA HQ office.

Advice to Management

Pursue innovation and not follow other competitors that go to market. That will be critical for long term viability of company.

TripAdvisor2018-03-27
  2. "On balance a great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product and consumer brand. Smart people who are generally very collaborative. Awesome employee perks.

Cons

Can be disorganized and hard to navigate to solve problems.

Advice to Management

Focus on fixing some basic process issues and the rest will work itself out.

TripAdvisor2018-02-20

March 6, 2018Chief People Officer

Thanks for your comments and for highlighting our great product, brand and team! You’ve provided some valuable insight about navigating the organization and our processes. As a longstanding employee, I’m sure that you’re familiar with the “speed wins” philosophy that we embrace ...

"It used to be great"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I worked at TripAdvisor for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Environment, truly looking after employees with perks and benefits, lots of opportunity to learn. I probably had the best professional time of my life for few years actually seeing a product growing and getting market share month after month but then someone decided that we were not making enough $$ , and after the changes we were making even less .....

Cons

Changes are continuous and often without any sense of strategy, Hotel customers lost confidence on product and brand. Not listening to the industry feedback. B2B membership product completely out of range in term s of price point and value vs cost.

Advice to Management

Make it simple and you will succeed.

TripAdvisor2017-06-27
  4. "Good to employees"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Needham Heights, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employee benefits and nice offices globally. Most of the people are really smart and great to work with and it's generally a nice environment to work in.

Cons

Career progression can be somewhat limited.

Advice to Management

HR business partners in the global offices (outside of headquarters) would help make people feel stronger about career advancement opportunities.

TripAdvisor2017-06-08

"Best places to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bright friendly helpful people. You will always be challenged to do your best work here and the facilities are second to none. Green workplaces and social awareness thru the company's charitable foundation set the tone. The focus is not simply vacations but travel in a broad sense.

Cons

Terrible location to commute to by car but there are shuttles to public transportation. Long hours in some groups. Bonus is dependent on being there on the payout date. Stock comp is limited to restricted stock for positions below director level..

Advice to Management

Open workstations are very distracting and must reduce productivity. Particularly in finance area.

TripAdvisor2016-12-12

January 4, 2017Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. I couldn’t agree more with your comments about the friendly team, challenging environment and incredible office space that TripAdvisor provides. And as you allude to in the title of your review, we were recently named to Boston Globe's "Top Places to Work" ...

"growing organization with a great culture but weak vision"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality, talented people. Well resourced. High visibility at all levels of the organization. Flexible organizational structure to evolves to meet opportunities. High growth creates many opportunities.

Cons

Culture favors iteration over necessary step changes. Management sometimes treats success metrics as a vision and doesn't defend the user experience. Few women at senior positions and implicit biases often surface. Weakness in the director ranks create churn.

Advice to Management

Set more of a vision and guidelines to unify the organization. Reflect on why women are not 50/50 in the product organization despite junior ranks weighing heavily towards more women.

TripAdvisor2016-10-03

"Okay"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great new building - really makes a difference in work effectiveness. Right away you get to work on big, impactful projects.

Cons

Bigger company so red tape in getting things done. Spend a lot of time coordinating with other teams and getting buy in. Pay is not competitive.

TripAdvisor2016-07-07

July 25, 2016SVP, Product

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the new building and impactful work that we do here. I appreciate your comments surrounding project coordination and buy in. Finding the exact right ratio of meeting time vs project time is a challenge for many organizations. ...

"Great brand, good margins, smart people"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic, fast paced, forward thinking, smart, CEO accessibility (flat org)

Cons

Too centralised and sometimes too US focused

TripAdvisor2013-07-24
  9. "Great fast and energetic atmosphere, amazing multicultural job experience"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at TripAdvisor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A combination of very smart people and the energetic and positive atmosphere that really helps you make a real impact in results and be at the center of the online travel business industry. Very good package of compensation and benefits, specially for well-being and discounted travel opportunities.

Cons

The size of the company, with more that 1500 employees, and the fact that it's now a public company (Nasdaq:TRIP) could make you miss some of the beauties of a the start-up way of live.

TripAdvisor2013-06-05