Tripadvisor Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Jan 9, 2021

Found 107 of over 1,014 reviews

3.8
Tripadvisor President and CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer
Pros
  • "Free Lunch, Nice Campus, Good Compensation(in 107 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, Nice working environment(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Constant Change in upper management(in 26 reviews)

• "During the last large cutting of staff Senior Management said everyone would take a 20% pay cut to help balance the books(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Culture, Community, and Transparency

Feb 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love talking to people about my job. When people ask me, “do you like working there” I can’t help but smile. While it’s a job and it is work, it’s a privilege to work here and I get to realize that again and again each time I talk to someone about Trip. Even just explaining what he culture and benefits are like here people are always blown away. Sometimes it feels like an embarrassment of riches as I explain it to people, they get more and more shocked as I rattle off the perks. Whether it’s the free lunch or the feeling of community across teams and levels, I find myself being just as impressed by my words as those I am speaking to. If I had to pick, the biggest pros about working here are our philanthropic efforts and the normalcy of volunteering amongst the employees here and the transparency from management. Our global volunteer days we have each year during the summer highlight something that is present all year round at Tripadvisor: volunteering and giving back is not only encouraged here, it’s expected. I am humbled to be a part of a company who highly values giving back to the world that it aims to help us explore. The transparency is self-explanatory. We are seldom left in the dark and are quickly informed of any moving parts or changes in the company. It makes everyone feel important and essential to the team, an irreplaceable part of our culture.

Cons

Things move very quickly here and if that isn't your jive it can be a bit hard to keep up.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive remarks. We’re constantly striving to maintain a transparent, collaborative environment, so we’re glad that you found that to be the case. We take pride in our employees, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues have supported and enriched their experience is always great news.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Phenomenal place to start my career

Apr 30, 2020 - Software Engineer in Needham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You're surrounded by tons of really intelligent, hard-working coworkers. The culture is very focused on helping each other and working together, no toxic competition. Great perks at the office (free lunch, snacks, beer, games). Good compensation and raises. Flat organizational structure (although sometimes this means that promotions are less frequent).

Cons

Takes awhile to adopt new technology, seems like we were often a couple steps behind other companies in the industry. The 2020 COVID crisis hit Tripadvisor really hard, I was laid off because of it and a lot of fringe benefits (like the free lunch) were cut (perhaps only temporarily though) for the remaining employees. I do not blame Tripadvisor at all for that, and they handled it very well with good severance and outplacement help. However, it is something to keep in mind, as a business they are very exposed to world events that harm travel.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Phenomenal People, Company is Soul Searching for Now

Feb 12, 2020 - Product Manager in Needham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at TripAdvisor are easy going, friendly, caring, and extremely intelligent. They are perhaps some of the most competent people I have ever worked with. Add the great team to phenomenal perks like free lunch, dogs in the office, a fitness center with nice locker rooms, a pub and game room, and you've got a great great place to work.

Cons

The company is trying to figure out how to grow its revenue and what it wants to be a five years from now. The vision is a bit hazy so you might find yourself working on a big new initiative, only to find the company is changing directions to another big new initiative. It can be frustrating, but I am hopeful that they will find their way in the next couple of years.

Continue reading

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. The people at Tripadvisor are what makes it a great place to work, so hearing directly from employees about how their colleagues positively impact their experience working for us is always great news. We also appreciate that you’ve highlighted some of our office perks. As Tripadvisor continues to evolve, we’re excited to embrace the strategy we have in place.

4. 3.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

It was ok

Jan 9, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunches once a week

Cons

Low pay, low pay, low pay

5. 4.0
      Former Intern

Great Culture and People

Jul 29, 2020 - Software Engineer Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely talented and passionate people who you'll be working with at the company. Perks such as free lunch every day of the week and an office gym are fantastic too.

Cons

In my opinion, there is a high degree of power distance at the company that management should address.

Continue reading
    6. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great place to intern!

Aug 10, 2020 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome experience, free lunch everyday, great people to work with

Cons

suburban office location, a lot of work (if that bothers you)

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Amazing benefits

Jul 28, 2020 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible benefits - 100% healthcare, very inexpensive to add family, free lunch/snacks, learning opportunities

Cons

Some managers are terrible, lack empathy

Tripadvisor Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoy being a part of the Tripadvisor team. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of (past and present) employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

The people you work with make the office culture great

Jun 22, 2020 - Sales Support Specialist in Needham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, free lunch and the people!

Cons

Career growth is a little limited, it has improved but there are ways to go.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are appreciative of comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

May 28, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Needham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The free lunch is better than most restaurants

Cons

I’m laid off now! Thanks Covid.

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive remarks about working at Tripadvisor. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the team.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

May 13, 2020 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Lunch, Nice Campus, Good Compensation

Cons

Slightly dated tech stack, location

Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Reviews