UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Employee Reviews about "people first"

Updated 4 Jan 2021

4.1
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) CEO Aron Ain
Aron Ain
1,711 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance is great here(in 468 reviews)

• "I will recommend people to join Kronos (Now Ultimate(in 311 reviews)

• Cons
  • "52 company on the same list/year (Kronos) with the(in 219 reviews)

• "Work life balance is difficult depending on which division you are in(in 102 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "people first"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They Have Earned Every

10 Aug 2020 - Community Engagement Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People, The culture that supports taking smart risks in order to innovate, and the generous perks don't hurt either. As a new hire, I have rarely felt so welcome at a place. I spent a good portion of my first week returning the overwhelming amount of Welcome messages. One theme kept recurring... the phrase "you're going to love it here!" That spoke volumes to me. And they were right. Every person that I have had the pleasure to meet has been personable, helpful and seemed to be such a perfect fit for their role. The people take a genuine interest in how best to work with you. The People First saying is way more than a catchy phrase thrown on their internet site. It's in their DNA. So many of the programs at Ultimate were born out of an employee with an idea who was supported in making it a reality -despite the possibility of failure. That is precisely why they have been able to stay at the top of the HCM industry. Merging with Kronos, the possibilities seem endless. I'm still pinching myself.

Cons

Bringing two strong brands together (merging with Kronos) will likely present some challenges BUT I cannot think of any team I'd trust to handle the challenge more. All of the days will not be perfect as this new, unified company forms but it will be guided by leadership that really cares about getting it right.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your insights on working at Ultimate Software! We're happy you are enjoying our People First culture!

2. 5.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

People first company as the logo says

4 Jul 2020 - Big Data Consultant in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ultimate Software puts employees first as their logo says "People first". The manager and team I worked with are very smart and humble and cares about other team members. You feel like a family and look forward to coming to the office every day. Ultimate is very much ahead on Diversity Initiatives as they are in the Belonging stage in the three stages of diversity. “Diversity is having a seat at the table, inclusion is having a voice, and belonging is having that voice be heard.” There is also a lot of focus on sustainability and contributing to society. It is also a great place if you are interested in working on open source technologies. It was a great experience for me to see a company in San Francisco which is very much focused on people, culture, sustainability, and work/life balance.

Cons

If you like very fast-paced cultures, things can be slow sometimes. I wished there was more collaboration between architecture and technical teams. Especially it will help in making the right decisions if the architecture team considered inputs from technical teams who have hands-on experience in some of the cutting edge technologies like Cloud and Big Data for a long time.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Business Analyst

We're happy to hear you enjoy our "People First" culture! Thank you for providing us with your feedback!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not just my dream job, but my dream company!

11 Nov 2020 - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started with UKG (then Ultimate Software) earlier this year, and all the stories I've heard about the culture and people first mentality are absolutely true! It's amazing to have leadership that is so transparent and cares so deeply for their teams. The leaders embody the servant leader philosophy and in my experience, everyone wants to see you succeed. I completely trust Aron Ain and the executives to move us up to bigger and better things in the coming years! Also, the benefits are unbelievable!!! I'm proud to be a part of such an amazing organization that takes care of it's employees. Couldn't be happier!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any so far. Onboarding remotely during quarantine was a bit challenging, but everyone did the best they could and I got through it.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture, better benefits

4 Jan 2021 - User Experience Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

UKG has a great people-first culture. Based on my interest and the dedication I put into making the transition, they have allowed me to completely switch career paths with full support. The benefits are also amazing, especially for people with families.

Cons

The company has more than doubled in size since I've been there, so we have lost some of the smaller company charm that we used to have.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lost Culture

21 Dec 2020 - Payroll Tax Analyst I in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

All of our peers get along with each other make it easy to fly by work due to the culture that was initially built. Great benefits and 401K.

Cons

Ever since the merger has occurred, the culture that was built by Viv and Scott has been lost. Upper management created these unrealistic production goals that are unattainable to do on a consistent basis. Many "camp fire" meetings have been made with upper management to voice out our frustrations, but it seems that it goes from ear and out the other. There is acknowledgement behind the frustrations and stress, but no real action has been made to keep the employees satisfied, which puts these camp fire meetings a joke and a waste of time. They praise a good work/life balance and encourage to take time off, but the goals that upper management creates really makes it difficult to find time off. Along with that, the benefits department's transparency with their decision to role over the accrued PTO to the next year's unlimited PTO plan does not make sense. Employers typically have three options: (1) pay employees their remaining unused time off before switching to unlimited PTO; (2) track the accrued time separately and pay out the accrued balance to employees upon their termination of employment; or (3) provide employees with a reasonable amount of time and notice to use the accrued time before the new policy takes effect. UKG did none of the above. Benefits departments decides to let the peeps know 2 weeks before the year ends. Really poor decision making if you ask me. My last point that I want to bring up is that the company has lost the culture that Viv and Scott has built. The motto "People First" has lot it's touch since merger. A lot of work needs to be done with upper management in order to restore trust amongst all the peeps in UKG.

19 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company ever! Awesome place to work!

14 Oct 2020 - Vice President in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

So blessed to work for such an amazing company that truly cares about its people. We just extended our amazing benefits to our entire merged organization. Still people first - our purpose is people! And our response and caring for our people has been clear during COVID. No layoffs.

Cons

The merger has been tough (they always are!) but leadership continues to put people first.

Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for leaving us this thoughtful review!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

True Definition of People First Company!

8 Oct 2020 - Launch Specialist in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Never worked for a Company that means what they say. They are truly a People First Company and I cannot imagine myself anywhere else! I started as a Temp with Ultimate and 8 Months later I was hired Full Time. I cannot call it a job but a career that I have created with Ultimate. I love what I do and I am thankful to call my coworkers, Family.

Cons

The only Con I would say, is not applying to Ultimate earlier. You will not regret working here.

Social Media Business Analyst

We're happy to hear you enjoy our People First culture! Thank you for providing us with your feedback!

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not what I thought...

14 Aug 2020 - Sales in Bangkok
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Spend an obscene amount of money on marketing and events. No limit to what you can do to generate new prospects. -Great Benefits -Fantastic company meetings. No expense spared. Steak and Lobster -Great reputation and great product -People First is true for most, not for everyone.... -Well defined sales process and sales support -My manager was great but there are some "bad eggs" -Set correct expectations out of the gate to be successful

Cons

-Low salary but good earning potential if you hit your number. -UltiPro is past it's prime. Competition has caught up and passed in many areas. -Not a truly unified product, lots of 3rd party products and integration -Sales leadership- out of touch with the field. -Long hours required- Numbers first then family. -sales quotas are 2-3x compared to competitor's sales roles -very high-stress levels -Micro-manage activity and prospecting. 100% Self-Generated business

3 people found this review helpful

Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, our goal is to continually improve. People are our top priority, and we would love to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to feedback@ultimatesoftware.com to connect with us, of if you prefer to share anonymously, www.ultimatesoftware.com/feedback.aspx. Thank you!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very progressive and cares about their employees

15 Oct 2020 - Software Quality Engineer -2 in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's a good people first culture.

Cons

Frequent re organizations happen. With all the change in leadership, the company hasn't stabilized yet.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best Company I've Worked For

13 Oct 2020 - Business Process Lead in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, pay, opportunities to learn and grow professionally, training, entrepreneurial, people-first culture.

Cons

Constant reorganizations every 3-5 months without a proper change management strategy.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 210 Reviews