US Postal Service Reviews
39% would recommend to a friend
(16364 total reviews)
25% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It's a very good job graet people to work with and the pay is good." (in 3009 reviews)
- "Benefits are good that’s and it also comes with other advantages that you can look up on google" (in 1969 reviews)
- "Money is good but not compared to the time you put in to get it." (in 559 reviews)
- "many great people to work with and all the carriers are open and willing to help at anytime" (in 400 reviews)
- "The postal service used to be a great place to work for good benefits and job security." (in 306 reviews)
- "Poor management and always under staffed so they expect everyone to work extra hard while trying to cut hours." (in 1781 reviews)
- "Long hours for many employees and the need to change carrier work hours to increase productivity" (in 920 reviews)
- "Some supervisors have no mail delivery experience" (in 383 reviews)
- "No work/life balance until you make regular and even then it’s still a lot." (in 382 reviews)
- "Working long hours and 7 days straight at times." (in 266 reviews)
Found 16,364 of over 18T reviews
Updated 28 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.028 Nov 2023Rural Carrier Associate (RCA)Current Employee, more than 1 yearNewburgh, NY
very enjoyable job, not difficult to perform, coworkers are awesome
big problems within the organization
- 3.028 Nov 2023SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsGrand Rapids, MI
Easy money to be had as long as you don’t mind the struggle
Bosses suck hours suck plants are dirty
- 3.027 Nov 2023Mail CarrierCurrent EmployeeLas Vegas, NV
Benefits are decent, wish there was more perks/discounts and I wish medical was 100% paid for.
Management is a little unfair at times.
- 5.027 Nov 2023PSE Mail Processing ClerkFormer EmployeeRoyal Oak, MI
- Benefits - The Pay rate keeps increasing - Opportunity to grow in different fields.
- Have to move or carry heavy objects and parcels.
US Postal Service Reviews FAQs
US Postal Service has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 17,630 reviews left anonymously by employees. 39% of employees would recommend working at US Postal Service to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
39% of US Postal Service employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated US Postal Service 2.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.