USAA Real Estate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

USAA Real Estate Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.8
USAA Real Estate CEO Len O'Donnell  (no image)
Len O'Donnell
  1. "Great organization, terrible job!"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

The benefits and culture of most of the organization is great.

Cons

Real Estate is the worst. Be prepared for an overly stressful environment, where workloads can go from 15 loans a month, to 50, due to high attrition rates, and overall bad management. In just a year, leadership changed more than short military deployments did. Real Estate area, was like being in high school again. It was basically a toxic environment, where tenured employees had their under cover clicks, and would... use each other to get information about other employees for their personal career advancement. There were some really great people there, but the few out numbered the many in real estate. It is no wonder that real estate was, and still is, unprofitable. Employees are overworked, underpaid, expendable, working in a toxic environment. Anytime I would go to any other area away from real estate, employees were so happy, nice and willing to help. Glad I left on good terms, but would never go back to that area. Members are always angry due to bad customer service, and they cannot understand why other areas have great customer service, but real estate does not. Well, when people are pushing 50 loans a month, and have no time to provide even marginal service, this irritates leadership, employees, and ultimately the member suffers for it. What a great way to repay service members for their sacrifices and loyalty. If you value your personal health, sanity, and truly care about the military community, stay away from USAA's Real Estate. Go anywhere else there and you will be happy you did.

Advice to Management

Fresh, rested eyes see more than tired eyes. New employees offer valuable perspectives that many organizations pay third party orgs to research.

USAA Real Estate2019-10-18

October 21, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for this review- feedback is always valued. However, it's important to clarify for those reading this information that this review references the real estate business within the parent company at USAA. This is not tied to the wholly owned subsidiary, USAA Real Estate, which is focused on commercial real estate investment and is located across the highway from USAA's main campus. For those who would like to learn more about this business, we encourage you to visit https://www.usrealco.com/

2. "Honest review"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and work culture

Cons

Over worked, no room for advancement, pay is lower then industry average

USAA Real Estate2019-10-16

October 21, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your honest feedback, which is always valued. Based on your title, it is important to clarify that this review is intended for the real estate group within the parent company, USAA. It is not tied to the wholly-owned subsidiary, USAA Real Estate (which does not have this title in its organization). USAA Real Estate is focused on commercial real estate investment and is located across the highway from USAA's main campus. For those interested in learning more about USAA Real Estate, we encourage you to visit our website at https://www.usrealco.com/.

3. "Great company, great people great culture"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People there are really down to earth, all great people. Benefits are good. the senior managements are very approachable.

Cons

Salary is a bit lower than the market but I heard they changed the base and the bonus structure so now it must be better...

Advice to Management

Keep it real

USAA Real Estate2019-09-20
  4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are all very nice and there are smart people.

Cons

Sometimes, it is hard to figure out the right strategy.

USAA Real Estate2019-09-17

"Good company but not for middle of career roles"

Former Employee - Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

- Some of the best and brightest in the industry work for USAA Real Estate - Amazing opportunity to work on high-quality assets - Employees exhibit honor and integrity in their work. Doing "the right thing" is the best thing. - Higher than industry average bonuses, but often lower than industry average base pay to offset.(San Antonio cost of living is used as justification) - Amazing compensation potential... depending on title. Senior Director and above is where this is realized. - Majority of employees have a great work/life balance

Cons

- Very top heavy organization. Depending on department typical employees have 8-10 "bosses". - Minimal difference in responsibility between Analyst and Director. Tenure at the company is more a differentiator. -Slow moving organization reflected in promotions. 2-4 years in a role before moving up with few exceptions. - Culture more focused on process than performance. - Employees, including veterans, do not have... Veterans Day off. Puzzling for an organization centered around service members.

Advice to Management

Find ways to retain mid-level employees Open more positions in satellite offices outside of San Antonio Offer more flexible work schedules

USAA Real Estate2019-02-05

"Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Rotational Analyst

I worked at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

Rotational program gives you insights into many different sides of business and allows for a learning environment. Great people and San Antonio is a great town to make your life.

Cons

program is short-term in nature and the order of departments you go through can be luck of the draw.

USAA Real Estate2019-01-04

"Great place with awesome people"

I have been working at USAA Real Estate part-time

Pros

The pay is amazing. All holidays off. 10 days of paid time off

Cons

No gym to workout in. No place to watch children (no daycare).

USAA Real Estate2018-08-14

August 16, 2018HR Generalist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are proud to be able to show how we value our employees through our compensation structure, holidays, paid time off, as well as many other avenues. We recognize 10 company holidays each year in addition to the ability to accrue paid time off. We do offer the use of a small fitness center to our employees, however it is detached from our building. The fitness center has treadmills, free weights, elliptical machines, bicycles, stretching machines, locker rooms and showers. For those who prefer not to use this facility we offer the opportunity to sign up for a membership with a local gym at a discounted rate. If you'd like to learn more about these or any other benefits, we encourage you to visit with one of your HR representatives. For those interested in more of the benefits we have to offer, we encourage you to visit our careers site at https://usaarealestatecareers.com/careers/benefits/.

"Great place for starting, middle, and end career in commercial real estate."

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time

Pros

Excellent Sense of purpose; great people. Upper management is not too remote (if you are polite and understand the right setting you can ask most folks questions); Excellent benefits and compensation, particularly for San Antonio

Cons

its growing fast, can be clique-ish. Annual review depends heavily on how your managers and peers "feel". For example, if they have low expectations of you, it is easier to exceed expectations. These expectations change based on manager.

USAA Real Estate2017-12-27

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing benefits and good pay

Cons

favoritism, outdated software, system freezes often, many in management are not mortgage professionals

Advice to Management

Make management go through loan officer training and take calls, practice what you preach

USAA Real Estate2017-11-08

November 9, 2017HR Generalist

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave information, however, we want to clarify for others visiting this page that this employee is employed by our parent company, USAA, rather than by USAA Real Estate, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of USAA and does not have an office in Phoenix, AZ. We encourage any who would like to learn more about our company to visit our webpage at www.usrealco.com and utilize our contact page (https://www.usrealco.com/contactUs/default.aspx) for any questions or outreach that you'd like to conduct.

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Mortgage Processor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at USAA Real Estate full-time for less than a year

Pros

USAA is an amazing place to work for. Our CEO really cares about the overall status of his employees health, financial and education. The benefits are amazing

Cons

We have a metrics that worth about 70 percent of your score card and it based on your member feelings.

Advice to Management

Remove KDS from the metric because it not fair to any employee that closed between 8 and 16 loans a month because KDS based on feeling does not empaled what a processor does for the member because we deal with a lot before a file receive final approval .

USAA Real Estate2017-02-02

December 28, 2017HR Generalist

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave information, however, we want to clarify for others visiting this page that this employee is employed by our parent company, USAA, rather than by USAA Real Estate, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of USAA and does not have an office in Tampa, FL. We encourage any who would like to learn more about our company to visit our webpage at www.usrealco.com and utilize our contact page (https://www.usrealco.com/contactUs/default.aspx) for any questions or outreach that you'd like to conduct.

Found 23 reviews