Ultimate Software Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.6
Ultimate Software CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
Cons
  1. "Best employer, I've ever worked for..."

Current Employee - Employee In Canada in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership team has created such an amazing culture, that employees work together like a family to accomplish great result: - Best employee retention in the market - Amazing customer retention and satisfaction - Leading HCM software in the market

Cons

Can't think of any right now... Really hoping everything will remain the same as we transition from public to private

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...I feel truly blessed to be part of this organization!

2. "General Manager Excellent Customer Service"

I worked at Ultimate Software

Pros

Customer contact with mutual benefits

Cons

Micromanaged supervision without customer service goals

Advice to Management

Customers are the business

"Hands Down this is THE BEST PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this company is and how they treat their employees, It is like working alongside family. They truly care about their employees and put us first. Benefits speak for themselves . Health, Dental, Vision are completely covered by the company, great 401k plan, you become a stock holder when you are hired, They have a wellness program that offers fitness classes, mediation, massages...

Cons

I have been working for Ultimate for 10 plus years and can't think of anything that would ever make me leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing - Listen to your employees and continue to care about them and they will take care of the business.

• "My "Ultimate" destination"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture - treats everyone as a family -- & everyone in the family has a say in what we do. Trust - everyone in the family is a trusted member and this trust holds the family together Freedom - no one monitors/manages you, managers here are well-wishers invested in employees. Exposure - one can work in the cutting-edge technologies

Cons

Cons -- Haven't found anything yet...

Advice to Management

You are so much invested in your employees like family and be assured, the family will take care of you and the company !!

• "Best Workplace for a reason!"

Current Employee - Presales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Trust, Respect, flexible hours, great management. 100% employee and family paid benefits, 45% 401K match UNCAPPED!! This is truly the best place to work and they take care of their people! They walk the walk!

Cons

There a no cons of working at Ultimate!

"Great on all fronts, very happy"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- My team are my best friends/family - Working on a product used by millions in production - Working on latest tech stack - Transferrable skills that I use in my side projects - Side projects encouraged by team members - Lots of celebrations, events, food, movie nights, parties - Lots of team building, outings, bonding opportunities - Flexible hours and remote work - Unlimited PTO - Good work life balance, busier...

Cons

- Compensation is higher than smaller companies at least, but lower than big tech companies, which is what most people will compare it to - Promotion process can sometimes be stiff & somewhat bureaucratic - Inter-team collaboration is usually good but sometimes difficult

Advice to Management

Management has high approval ratings and continue to advocate for our people, while remaining serious about our business objectives.

"Truly a Blessing to Work for this Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Culture, people, benefits, work/life balance, resources and technology is on point.

Cons

Please remember Canadian employment law is different than the US. Bit of a disconnect there at times.

Advice to Management

Amazing company and values but need to focus on Canada a bit more and ensure compensation and employee recognition is fair with Canadian employees as well.

"Truly a step above - best company I've ever been a part of from the Top down!"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Scott Scherr & Viv Maza is what makes us truly unique - These people are so genuine and truly care about everyone that is part of our Ultimate Family. They have created an environment that people want to be a part of, want to make a difference because we can. We all share the same passion, we all understand our "WHY" behind what we do and how we do it and when you have a group of 5000 strong all striving for the...

Cons

Wish I would have come to Ultimate Software sooner, seriously, no con's to working here, amazing place, amazing people.

Advice to Management

Never change, love you all!

• "Instructor"

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Managers are encouraging, supportive and understanding. Trusting and collaborative teammates

Cons

Truly none come to mind

• "Technical Consultant"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I cannot rave enough about this company. IT really is a people first mentality. The job is challenging (but in a good way) and the peers and upper management are very supportive. Not to mention great benefits.

Cons

I wish I had come to work here much sooner

Advice to Management

Push development to put in as much effort into developing tools for Canada as they do for the US.

Found 981 reviews