Ultimate Software Technical Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Scott Scherr
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

they have a 401k match

Cons

it's very hot in some offices

Advice to Management

don't pull my finger when I want to fart

Ultimate Software2019-10-08

"A Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome company atmosphere that truly puts their employees first. They put actions behind the words when they say people first. Truly remarkable.

Cons

The compensation isn’t as competitive in the work field. The only caveat is the employer paid benefits and 401k.

Ultimate Software2019-03-20
  3. "Technical Consultant"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot rave enough about this company. IT really is a people first mentality. The job is challenging (but in a good way) and the peers and upper management are very supportive. Not to mention great benefits.

Cons

I wish I had come to work here much sooner

Advice to Management

Push development to put in as much effort into developing tools for Canada as they do for the US.

Ultimate Software2019-03-07

"Great Benefits, Horrible Cost to Personal Life"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of good benefits. You are provided health and vision insurance and a UPTO (Unlimited* PTO) plan. Every coworker I've had here is a great person and fun to be around.

Cons

Work life balance is really bad. If it is important to you to be able to leave work at work and live your life outside of work, do yourself a favor and forget about this company now. They are growing faster than they can handle, in my opinion, and so workloads right now are absolutely horrible for us employees supporting the customers, basically the whole company outside of management.

Advice to Management

Aggressive growth is good, the company is growing and it's exciting. However, you have truly forgotten about "People First" as you describe it to us. Employees > Clients > Shareholders has very transparently become Clients > Shareholders > Employees. We are forced to overwork and bend over backwards for our clients at the cost of our personal lives and sanity during the workday with a larger workload... than we can handle. All of this to make the shareholders happy because we are performing less than desired during this period of growth, but we don't have the structure to support client's in certain departments at the pace they require. We are understaffed and the team is struggling to change and adapt (Global Delivery)

Ultimate Software2018-11-24

"Choose your manager carefully"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Continuous improvement. Relatively healthy culture.

Cons

Very little work life balance. Long hard hours are expected, not appreciated. Your front line manager will make or break your position. Fortunately there are a lot of good ones. Seen good friends leave due to lack of support from management.

Advice to Management

Was disappointed to read about Scott's compensation package. With income inequality being such a big issue in our country, I didn't expect it to infect this company as well.

Ultimate Software2018-04-17

"HR Mess"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, positive people, seems like everything is intact from the forefront

Cons

the company is run by unprofessional people that will screw you over and drop you and pretend you don't exist as soon as they don't need you.

Advice to Management

Learn and develop actual processes, training, procedures. Treat all employees fairly, not only the ones you favor by slapping the word "pride" all over.

Ultimate Software2017-08-26

"Excellent place to work - Technical Consultant"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I wanted to wait at least a year to gain some perspective before writing a review. Overall, Ultimate has been the best place I've worked. While probably not ideal for everyone, working 100% from home has been transformative for me. I'm more productive and less distracted than when in an office, time otherwise spent commuting is added back to my day, I have more flexibility in my schedule, etc. It's mutually... beneficial to employee and employer on several levels. I miss (some of) the personal interactions with coworkers you would get in an office, but the pros outweigh the cons here. Other pros include a high level of autonomy, competitive pay, solid employer-paid benefits, and unlimited 401k match. The new unlimited PTO policy will hopefully be an improvement in practice-- it was already pretty generous before it was made potentially as generous as possible. I believe the culture of 'people first' is actually genuine and practiced from the top down (this is coming from a skeptical person). In my experience, leadership is effective and approachable at all levels. You're trusted to do your job well and the stuff that doesn't matter isn't emphasized- you're treated as an adult.

Cons

Not much emphasis on career development (at least yet). Might not be a good fit for someone that needs (or prefers) a lot of personal instruction and constant feedback-- being resourceful helps.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. And talk more about career development, please.

Ultimate Software2017-07-19
  8. "Best Company!"

Technical Consultant

I have been working at Ultimate Software for more than a year

Pros

100% Premium benefits and the best work-life balance!

Cons

No cons at all! None!

Ultimate Software2017-03-16
  9. "Great company to work for."

Technical Consultant in Weston, FL

I worked at Ultimate Software

Pros

Fully paid benefits for you and your family Extremely competitivene 401k match

Cons

High workload A lot of tenured employees. Kind of good and bad, but it makes it harder to move up the ladder, if that is your interest.

Ultimate Software2017-02-04

"Great place to work with unbeatable benefits and culture."

Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software for more than 3 years

Pros

The people and the culture are outstanding. Provides great benefits, stock options, and plenty of incentives. Many jobs are virtual, and otherwise you're provided with autonomy to get things done.

Cons

Salary is below market level. It can sometimes feel like you're not being heard at a manage my level. Slow to standardize processes, document, or provide ongoing training.

Advice to Management

Stay the leader in culture and benefits! Review salaries against industry standards more regularly and increase fairly.

Ultimate Software2016-02-11