UniFirst Employee Reviews about "great training"

Updated 29 Dec 2020

3.9
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros
Pros
  • "Great training program set up to help you be successful right out of the gate(in 66 reviews)

• "Awesome people great company to work for and off on weekends(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours depending on the route(in 84 reviews)

• "As a Sales Rep, you need to put in the work in your first year to set up the rest of your career(in 46 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great training"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Kernersville, NC

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training program set up to help you be successful right out of the gate!

Cons

Training is 13 weeks on the computer and is not disclosed upon hiring.

January 4, 2021Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you so much for your continued dedication and commitment to UniFirst. Our Team Partners (also known as our UniFirst Family) are our most valuable asset, and we appreciate your hard work.

2. "Great Job for Those With a Hunter Mentality"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

UniFirst offers a great training program that puts you in a position to be successful throughout your sales career. The management team at the Indianapolis location is great, and as long as you work hard you will be rewarded. This job is not easy, but if you stick to the process that you learn during training and trust your manager, you will have a good chance at making bonus each quarter, as well as commissions on each sale. They offer a car allowance, paid gas, and other great benefits as well. If you want to take your sales career to the next level, there is no better place to learn the sales process than UniFirst.

Cons

This is not a sales job that you can expect to work a few hours each day and have sales magically appear. You must be willing to put in the work, or you will not succeed. Hard workers are rewarded, but those that aren't willing to put in the work get weeded out.

3. "Sales rep"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Great training, useful phone skills

Cons

Poor pay and commission payout can take a long time

4. "A Great Company to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Nashua, NH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Competitive pay, and if you put in the time and effort, commissions are great. - Training process is thorough and provides every tool you need to do the job well, as well as other jobs in or out of the same field. - Great place to build personal and professional relationships - Management is working just as hard as you are, day-in and day-out - Provides abundant options for career mobility within the company - Out of the "office" 2-3 days a week offers a lot of freedom and ability to test yourself as a individual professional

Cons

- If you cannot make cold calls a minimum of 2 days per week, this is not for you - Must be a self-starter and motivated individual. This position really tests how willing you are to do well and find financial success

May 19, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual!

5. "Proud to be part of the UniFirst Family"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Marysville, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, good atmosphere, nice work-life balance.

Cons

None I can think of.

April 27, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for submitting a review, we appreciate your feedback! We are thankful for your dedication as a UniFirst Team Partner.

6. "Great Sales Role"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Training Family Work Environment No weekends

Cons

None so far. Happy with the company

February 5, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for submitting a review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with us, the feeling is mutual!

7. "Excellent company focused on growth and development"

Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training program Unlimited commission structure Fun culture and monthly team builders Track record of success Good leadership Innovative company approach Committed to work/life balance Company gas card and cell phone allowance

Cons

Have to grind the first year to be successful but the commission and success that come year two and three is worth it.

February 5, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for submitting a review, and for your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and contributions as a UniFirst Team Partner!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best people you will ever work for or with. Great training, support, and pay plan.

Cons

This company is only for driven people that work hard. Lots of activity. As a new seller, all you have to do is talk to people and get appointments? That’s it. Someone experienced will accompany you on appointments. Only low energy people don’t make it.

January 9, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for submitting a review. And, thank you for your hard work and contributions to UniFirst. Our Team Partners are our most valuable asset.

"Great Culture with Career Advancement Opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training in the beginning, then you are given the appropriate tools to go out and succeed. If you are willing to put in the work, constantly build your craft, and consistently bring in business, you will be rewarded. After 2 years of outside sales, I worked my way through the sales career path and recently accepted a Sales Management position with UniFirst. We promote from within and reward top talent.

Cons

You get what you put into the job. As a Sales Rep, you need to put in the work in your first year to set up the rest of your career. As I mentioned, top reps are rewarded, and you don't become a top rep without a high work ethic and a natural drive.

October 1, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your contributions to the company, keep up the great work!

10. "It's been a great fit for me"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Career Development, Great Culture, Opportunities for Advancement, Great Training in all areas, One of a Kind in the Industry, Compassionate Colleagues,... it's a long list.

Cons

Everything is an Opportunity, it's all about what you make of it.

July 2, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to learn that your experience within the organization has been a positive one!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 English Reviews