UniFirst Employee Reviews about "sales rep"

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.9
UniFirst President and CEO Steven S. Sintros
Steven S. Sintros
Pros
  • "Great training program set up to help you be successful right out of the gate(in 66 reviews)

• "Awesome people great company to work for and off on weekends(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours depending on the route(in 84 reviews)

• "As a Sales Rep, you need to put in the work in your first year to set up the rest of your career(in 46 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "sales rep"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Culture, Work Hard, Play hard!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each location is like it's own little business, all decisions can be made at that level Highly flexible work environment Each employee is given the tools to succeed, and everyone is willing to help each other out, even from states away Fantastic state of the art technology, from video conferencing to CRM systems, Unifirst stays ahead of the curve on the majority of its systems TRAINING IS THE BEST IN THE SALES WORLD You will not get a better training program anywhere, in any sales position, from any other company. Period. Tremendous growth potential - a brand new sales rep can be a manager within 1-2 years, and be promoted again into another management role depending on their desired path, either with service, sales or operations. Truly limitless opportunities

Cons

Management claims "they don't want to micromanage, but..." Sales Manager's compensation is highly dependent on tenure of sales reps, quota is the same regardless if reps are brand new or have been with the company for a year, although still attainable with the right reps working for you

August 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us, and we are very appreciative of your hard work and contributions to UniFirst.

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Waco, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool co-workers, got free food every now and then.

Cons

This company is a disaster. No loyalty to employees , screw over customers constantly, don’t do things right hardly ever. What bothered me the most is how much people hate working here, it says so much about your company if you have a bad culture and Unifirst without question had a horrible culture. Managers don’t hold drivers account for stinking at their jobs AKA not taking customers the right stuff or not taking them enough. The Austin plant is a cluster ball of confusion as there is not a trace of structure out there. The sales team cycles through boatloads of sales reps because they fire you if you don’t sell a dying business model (renting clothes) in your first 90 days because it makes more sense to hire and completely train a new rep vs keeping one you already have......... the style of business is hilariously outdated. Orders are turned in on paper through a folder... that should tell you why Cintas is DOMINATING Unifirst. This company is in need of a massive corporate restructuring or they will not stay afloat and be bought in the next big merger as Cintas and Aramark continue to get bigger and better.

November 5, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that you had a less-than-positive experience, and we hope that you found a better fit for you moving forward.

"Great Culture with Career Advancement Opportunities"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training in the beginning, then you are given the appropriate tools to go out and succeed. If you are willing to put in the work, constantly build your craft, and consistently bring in business, you will be rewarded. After 2 years of outside sales, I worked my way through the sales career path and recently accepted a Sales Management position with UniFirst. We promote from within and reward top talent.

Cons

You get what you put into the job. As a Sales Rep, you need to put in the work in your first year to set up the rest of your career. As I mentioned, top reps are rewarded, and you don't become a top rep without a high work ethic and a natural drive.

October 1, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your contributions to the company, keep up the great work!

"If you don't want a commitment..."

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Tampa, FL

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

2 office day 3 field days Little management involvment

Cons

Revolving door of sales reps which leads to low morale Don't invest in sales reps future Insurance coverage is sub par Managers make back door deals in order to keep commission in house.

October 1, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review and feedback.

"Worst Place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch sometimes, paid weekly

Cons

I can not begin to even accurately articulate the stress of this job. I have lost sleep working here because I have no training or direction and feel like I will be fired at anytime without notice. Ive been in Sales a while and feel that this place is truly impossible to be a successful sales rep. Management is so “micro-management-y” that my supervisor calls me at least twice a day to check in with me to make sure I’m going to appointments that I’ve already set up - ridiculous!!! The only reason this place is still in business is because Unifirst bought out the local Chattanooga uniform company a couple of years ago. If you care about your health and happiness, work somewhere else. Once I find another job, I am taking this company off my resume.

Continue reading

""Stay Away" Unethical, shady, and selfish company"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in North Fort Myers, FL

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Company to put on your resume because of big name and thats it

Cons

Upper management puts so much stress on the zero week that the sales reps lose focus of getting the larger accounts and then management complains about them only selling small deals. Take 2 to 3 months get paid on your commission and even after that your commission is not guarantee until customer pay 13 weeks of invoice which it depends on RSR servicing the account. if you have a bad RSR expect to get charge backs on your commission. Huge internal politics. Company look as sale people as just numbers. UniWORST. worst company i have work for. u are just a number to them. no growth

Continue reading

"Great place for experience but move on once the right opportunity comes along"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Norwalk, CA

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to set your schedule. You learn the basics of territory management. Can be a fun job. You meet cool people frequently because they come and go. First manager was great, motivated us in every way, at least until he decided to leave us for the other team.

Cons

Dynamics was a huge mistake, no one likes it. The new tablet is trash as well. Upper management puts so much stress on the zero week that the sales reps lose focus of getting the larger accounts and then management complains about them only selling small deals. My second manager was terrible. Didn't have the tools to motivate us or make us want to be there. I went from loving going into the office to dreading it. They prefer you don't take anymore than one week vacation at a time otherwise they'll find a reason not to pay you. If you have to convince your reps to drink the Kool Aid, it's probably not that great of a place.

March 26, 2018Sales Training Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It’s always disappointing when a Team Partner feels their experience with UniFirst was less than positive. With any major change (like a new CRM system) there will be growing pains, which we knew going in. However, the only way to grow is to evolve. Dynamics is a major part of our evolution and changing mindsets like “no zero weeks” to focus on revenue growth.

"Talk a great game, but the toxic culture soon swallows you... Stay FAR away from UniWorst!"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comprehensive Training, full benefits package

Cons

There is a major disconnect between stated policy, and what is practiced. When you burn through almost a sales rep a month, and 80% sales rep turnover company wide, the problem should be obvious... incompetent, indecisive, self-serving management, yet the new management gets progressively worse with each change.

December 5, 2017Sales Training Specialist

It’s always disappointing to hear when a Team Partner feels their UniFirst experience was a negative one. We hope you’ve found a better fit, moving forward.

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Opportunity to earn a great living. Process driven sales teams and tools. Plenty of freedom to succeed when working for the right regional management. It's easy to be at the top because so many are at the bottom. Un capped earnings.

Cons

Sales Managers are not trained properly and are just expected to know how to sell and manage. If you come from outside of the industry expect to feel lost most of the time. Regional sales managers do not know how to coach, train, and develop a sales manager. Most have been only mediocre sales reps or sales managers at best. They are very removed from the real day and life of a sales manager.

October 25, 2017Sales Training Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We strongly believe in helping our Team Partners to grow and it always saddens us whenever someone feels that their experience in our organization is less than positive. If you feel like you are not getting everything you need on a Location level, we would recommend reaching out to Sales Training at our corporate office for some extra guidance and resources.

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers are very nice people and try very hard to make it a tolerable environment. Your coworkers are very nice and the fact that everyone is talking about what interviews they are going on that day creates a sense of comradery .

Cons

-When offered the job, you will be told that you will be a salary employee. Upon starting, you find out that you will be paid the slave wage of $12.75 per hour (which does not add up to your offered salary). They will justify this wage by telling you that "it adds up with overtime"....it does not....but at least they are upfront that you will be expected to be at the office from 7:30 until 5:00 -No benefits for 90 days, no sick days -You will be yelled at/ see others yelled at by corporate trainers for not making LIVE telemarketing calls PERFECTLY. Regardless if this is your first live call or not (I'm not kidding, If you say that you are from Unifirst, your trainer will YELL at you in front of your training class). -The longest tenure is 7 months and this is only 1 person because everyone else has left. -EXTREME MICROMANAGEMENT -Corporate invests NOTHING into the training of their sales reps. You will sit through 5 weeks of video conferences taught by rude trainers and videos filmed in the 90s (The computers in the video are from the 90s). The out of date training and technology reflects their appreciation for their sales team. -IF YOU HAVE ANY SALES EXPERIENCE, DO NOT WORK HERE. IF YOU NEED SALES EXPERIENCE, GO TO AN ADP, CINTAS, ETC. THEY WILL PAY YOU REAL WAGES AND APPRECIATE THEIR SALES REPS.

October 25, 2017Sales Training Specialist

It always saddens us whenever someone feels that their experience in our organization is a negative one. Perhaps you can utilize our Open Door Policy and have an open conversation with your Manager about your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 English Reviews