UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
Updated 4 Dec 2021
Found 1,462 of over 16T reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
"The ability to be able to work from home" (in 1454 reviews)
"work life balance great pay good pto" (in 1054 reviews)
"Mandatory overtime can shred work life balance" (in 420 reviews)
"No work/life balance is available" (in 128 reviews)
Got a burning question about UnitedHealth Group? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UnitedHealth Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Work experience24 Nov 2021 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best place to work good work life balance
Less insensitive and not much freedom for work
- Optum | Division of UnitedHealth GroupFormer Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
UHG (Optum) India Review - Overall good place to work for24 Nov 2021 - Software Engineer in HyderābādRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Compensation is good. Work-life balance is dependent on the team you are in. Great company for people looking for a stable and secure job.
For people early in their careers, not so much growth (promotion and role-switch opportunities) within the company. Not many extra benefits/incentives such as healthcare and others. Wifi bill reimbursement was revoked by the management. The Wifi bill reimbursement policy was reinstated during global pandemic when employees started working from home .Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Less Earning and Less Learning but good Work life balance depending upon project.7 Sept 2021 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1. Work life balance is good but it depends on the project. I guess WLB good for most of the project. 2. Job Security. :- I just saw 1 director or Sr. director laid off in USA. In India I never see any one got fired in last couple of years. Normally, it is difficult to find this info.
1. No much learning. Not a single learning platform is given like Udemy, Linkedin learning. What is given for learning is totally waste & not of use. 2. Mostly old outdated work/technology. 3. Mostly People are lazy/lethargic. May be due to good work life balance. 4. Huge variable pay. You get peanut in your in hand salary. Variable pay is paid once in a year. I never got full variable amount even with top performance rating. 5. No care for talent. Even you are too good, better than others & your seniors. You won't be promoted easily. They can just give you 10-15K of award recognition. That's all. But it will not matter for anyone how strong you are technically. Slowly you will start reducing your skills. You will become lazy like others. They/Manager sees your year of experience to promote you they won't check your talent. :D funny part. 6. Salary hike is very less. You will be mostly give avg. rating even if you are doing every thing, you are the only strong technically person. It doesn't matter, ratings are given like round robin. because no body evaluate actually. So mostly you will be getting 3 rating and 6% hike if your salary package is less than 15 LPA. I guess it will be 3-6% with 3 ratings if your package is high. Corona scenario was different every company was giving good hike.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Good work Environment22 Sept 2021 - UAT Coordinator in HyderābādRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work environment. No work pressure. Good work life balance. Employment engagement activities. Photography clubs Fun clubs Sports clubs Talent development Individual and group insurance. Free health check-ups Individual Career development plans. Rewards and recognition
Heavy competition for internal movements. Not much but decent hike paid for internal job postings. Don't wait for years to get opportunity and waste your time... waiting for max 2years is ok but not more than that.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Good work life balance25 Nov 2021 - Senor Software Engineer in NoidaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work Life balance, decent renumeration. Make sure to get as much as fixed.
Uncertain variable. not very advanced tech stack less onsite opportunity as they hire contractor there itself.
- Current Employee★★★★★
Overall good learning experience12 Oct 2021 - Senior Engineering Lead in HyderābādRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A lot of learning opportunities and growth if work done well Managers are supportive and appreciate the good work Stable product based company migrating products to cloud
Company does not give perks or ample parking space Work life balance can get messy sometimes depending on the project and the onsite counterparts
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Good overall19 Nov 2021 - Senior Knowledge ConsultantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Work life balance - health Insurance - variables - WFH culture
- Favouritism - Personal Growth - Internal politicsContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Company Review9 Nov 2021 - Associate Data AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work life balance is nice.
They will not promote even if you have done nice job. Internal politics.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Benefit3 Nov 2021 - Claims Associate in Gurgaon, HaryanaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work life balance Supportive management The shared value system Great leadership Working from home
Less pay as per the market QVC cycle Health care benefits Communication is terrible Matrix levels to accomplish tasks
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
UHG work experience26 Oct 2021 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1. Good work life balance 2. Insurance for Parents
1. Old outdated technology/tools is being used for development 2. Salary on the basis of you college