92% would recommend to a friend
(6928 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Found 6,928 of over 12T reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about VMware
Referral and Opportunities
5 months ago
Hello Fin-tastic Fishbowl Community I stumbled upon a job opening for a Professional Services Field Consultant at Rubrik. Anybody out there who can spill the beans on what this role entails, the daily tasks, must-have skills, chances for career growth, and the sweet deets on the salary range? And hey, if you've made the jump from being a Technical Support Engineer at VMware to a Professional Services Field Consultant, I'd love to hear your two cents on whether it's a wise move. Cheers!
Referral and Opportunities
5 months ago
Open positions at VMware Interested refer to 1st comment to apply. Staff Engineer - UI Job ID: R2305512 Member of Technical Staff - (C++ Developer on Windows Platform) Job ID: R2305804 EUC Marketing Program Manager Job ID: R2305102 Digital Workspace Market Data Analyst Job ID: R2305053 Technical Adoption Manager Job ID: R2305658 Senior MTS- C# Developer (.net core, .net standard, asp.net) Job ID: R2303743 Senior MTS- Full-stack Dev (Java, Angular, Design patterns) Job ID: R2304510
Got a burning question about VMware? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with VMware employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and the Palo Alto campus is gorgeous." (in 941 reviews)
- "You can learn so much from VMware and give back to charities while still enjoying a good work life balance." (in 885 reviews)
- "Incredible culture and great at building work" (in 793 reviews)
- "Great for people really into coding and those who don't like much customer face to face dealings" (in 710 reviews)
- "Pay is good but you cannot spend as you don't know when your job will be gone." (in 381 reviews)
- "This alone tells you how bad management is and how stressful it is to work for this company." (in 395 reviews)
- "Some managers have been in the role too long and wont move as they wouldn't survive elsewhere." (in 237 reviews)
- "Frequent Layoffs twice in a year" (in 131 reviews)
- "Upper management is bad which creates hierarchy" (in 66 reviews)
- "Middle management is incompetent, and multiple layers slow down or stop anything which requires an approval" (in 54 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW12 Feb 2023Database AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
nice salary compensation good employee benefits
no such cons all over the company is awesome
- 5.023 Nov 2023Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
I wanted to add a public appreciation for VMware, which has been a great employer with good employee friendly policies and facilities. The work here was challenging and the people here are good people. I wish them all the best in the future.
Nothing as an employee. The company was a good company. I will miss it.
- 5.023 Nov 2023Marketing Privacy ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
Awesome work culture with lots of benefits and perks. Full time remote opportunity, Well being allowance, Take 1 Programme for higher education, extra leaves on quarter are few to name.
Broadcom acquisition, as there is no clarity about employees future from management.
- 5.029 Nov 2023Lead Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBengaluru
Extraordinary work culture, EPIC2 values and work life balance..
Sometimes undeserving candidates are recognized based on non work related activities, this is huge de-motivation for people who does actual work.
- 5.029 Nov 2023Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPune
Great Work culture, good salary and employee benefits, all time WFH, sufficient time-off
Sometimes release affects work-life balance
- 5.029 Nov 2023L&DCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
Great Employee benefits Flexible working hours Respectful workplace Competitive salary Great culture and values
Promotion takes time Raise is very less No more WFH option
- 4.029 Nov 2023Staff Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBangalore Rural
Nice company to work for
Share value didn't increase. As a business, not promising to share holder.
- 5.029 Nov 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBangalore Rural
- good pay - good workplace
- sometimes work can be hectic - lots of internal tools with no proper docs
VMware Reviews FAQs
VMware has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 11,844 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at VMware to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
92% of VMware employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated VMware 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.