Cover image for Vector Security

68% Recommend to a Friend
73% Approve of CEO

Found 170 of over 175 reviews

3.6
Vector Security President and CEO Pamela J. Petrow (no image)
Pamela J. Petrow
Pros
  • "They care about their employees and customers(in 5 reviews)

• "Schedule flexibility, great work environment(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hostile work environment, politics, lack of proper training methods, low compensation(in 4 reviews)

• "Little opportunity to move up in the corporation in any department of Vector Security so you have to negotiate good pay when you start(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

19 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and good working environment

Cons

No cons is observed in company during work period

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Vector

29 Nov 2022 - Dispatcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was able to work from home

Cons

Not understanding about medical emergencies

3. Join the Vector Security team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 2.0

Could be better

17 Nov 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Gainesville, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work load is very easy

Cons

The company does not pay enough

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

14 Sep 2022 - License Coordinator in Cranberry, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall good work environment. Good health benefits.

Cons

Everyone is treated differently when it comes to pay. Managers are all “old school business” and don’t think outside of the box in terms of pay raise, recognizing accomplishments over failures, team-building exercises.

Vector Security Response

Thank you for your positive feedback on the overall work environment and good health benefits that you took part in while working at Vector Security. We take feedback from both current and former employees very seriously and will be sure to share this information with our leadership. Good luck to you in your future.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

What more can you ask for?

12 Sep 2022 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at several companies who had shared values that they didn't live. Not Vector Security, they truly care about their employees and walk the talk everyday. Our employees are amazing from the CEO down to the lowest level. It is a true team, and we "Win as a Team". I really like working here. I feel that they provide ample work/life balance and also the autonomy to do your job. Our CEO worked her way up since joining out of college and she is well respected in our industry. There is a lot of room for career development and growth. A lot of tenured employees here. My manager communicates and keeps us well informed about the company on a weekly basis. It's a good feeling. Plus we have a nice compensation/benefits plan. What more can you ask for?

Cons

I think our 401k could be a little more generous but that's a small con.

Vector Security Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this favorable review. We're glad that you are enjoying your time with us. We wish you many more years at Vector Security.

7. 5.0

Good Company

9 Sep 2022 - Help Desk Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Pay, Paid Leave. Insurance

Cons

No cons to this company

Vector Security Response

Thank you for your positive review. We wish you many years of success working at Vector Security.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for!

30 Aug 2022 - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Vector Security for 5 years this September and I could not be more happy. Sales in this industry is hard and is not made for everyone. I recently made the reward trip that Vector Security offers to their top performers and it is wonderful to see a company that rewards hard work. I love the manufacturers we work with and the technology and I am proud to work for this company. At first it was hard I will admit but I am glad I stuck it out and I plan to continue to work here for a long time.

Cons

The only downside I can see for this specific position is the onboard training. They did not have much of it when I started but now they are really focusing on this and I have seen a difference with new hires for this position.

Vector Security Response

Thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Vector Security and congratulations on winning the reward trip! We appreciate the positive feedback you shared. While some areas do a better job than others onboarding their new team members, we are happy that you noticed that positive changes have occurred. We wish you the best of luck in your future at Vector Security.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good

10 Aug 2022 - Accouting Rep
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and very friendly

Cons

Nothing to say about them

Vector Security Response

Thank you for your positive feedback on working at Vector Security. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our flexible working hours and the friendliness of our team. We hope that you enjoy many years to come at Vector Security.

10. 5.0

Good place to work

16 Jul 2022 - Field Service Technician in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Time off Training Company vehicle

Cons

Pay is ok but not great

Vector Security Response

Thank you for your feedback. Your acknowledgement of our positive training, company vehicle and paid time off is appreciated. We take the reviews from both current and former employees very seriously and will be sure to include your feedback with the information we will be sharing with the appropriate team members. Good luck to you and your future endeavors at Vector Security.

11. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Only if your desperate for a job

29 Jul 2022 -  in National City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent worklife balance but not much else

Cons

a sinking ship with holes in every department.

Vector Security Response

Than you for sharing your experience working at Vector Security. We take feedback from both our current and former team members very seriously. We will be sure to address this with the appropriate leadership. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Reviews
    </>Embed

Vector Security Reviews FAQs

Vector Security has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Vector Security to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Vector Security employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Vector Security. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

68% of Vector Security employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Vector Security 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Vector Security Job Seekers