Venquis Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated 23 Nov 2020

4.5
Venquis Group MD  Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner
Pros
  • "The training academy is fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need but encourages you to interpret and utilise them in your own way(in 10 reviews)

• "The hard work is paying off and now we are heading into a new era(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours are common but that is recruitment as a whole(in 9 reviews)

• "As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. COVID-19

"Forward thinking, positive, ambitious business"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management on board to keep the business growing and moving in a positive direction - Managed to retain a hard-working, fun culture during the Covid home-working period - Some very talented people in the business to learn from

Cons

- Early starts and late finishes but that is standard in recruitment

Continue reading
  2. "Plenty of opportunities.... grab them."

Current Employee - Support Team in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard work and originality are rewarded and recognised.... it's what was promised when I interviewed to join the business in 2018, and has definitely been the case - I was promoted after 7 months. We all join businesses for different reasons, mine is always to make a genuine difference.. it's what makes me proud... and at Venquis you have the autonomy and platform to do things better. I think the environment suits dynamic, self-starters, who want to take their career into their own hands. Annual company trips (this year to Lisbon), sports day, free yoga, boxing, personal training and loads of other fun stuff are regularly organised which keep us all happy and healthy.

Cons

Venquis turns 8 years old this month - which makes us a young, agile, dynamic business, but we are still evolving and working on tightening up internal processes and procedures for example.

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review us and your journey so far. Congratulations on your promotion! It's great to hear that in the true Venquis spirit you are here to make a difference and help us on our journey, to becoming smarter, faster and better at everything we do. As you mentioned we are continuing to improve all processes across the business and hopefully you will have already started to see the benefits of these changes.

3. "Couldn't have asked for a better start to my professional career!"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Venquis for nearly 3 years and one of the things that I have appreciated the most is the culture. Venquis has worked hard to build a great internal brand and strong culture. The company has a flat structure, which means the environment is very open and honest. Operations and Sales work very closely together meaning that everyone is always offering help and support, enabling everyone to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. The hard-working culture at Venquis means that not only are you rewarded throughout the year through various incentives and team nights out but an annual company weekend away is organised.

Cons

Sales consultants are encouraged to be out of the office meeting candidates and clients, so sometime the office can feel quiet.

February 25, 2019Head of Talent Acquisition

It's great to hear we've helped you spring-board your graduate career and we really appreciate you taking the time out to review our business. We are proud to offer an annual company trip that the whole business is invited to, it's important that we reward everyone that plays a part in making our business the success that it is, whether you're in the sales team or operations. We do encourage our consultants to be out of the office building exclusive relationships with candidates and clients as this is how trusted relationships are built. This can leave the sales floor quieter sometimes. With the new structure of the business communication will continue to improve.

"Venquis Recruitment"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

My journey so far at Venquis has been the most productive 6 months I’ve had in my career. I had been advised by friends (who already have a career in recruitment) for a few years to join to the industry and finally made the jump. I have a sales background and was already in a job but I was just cruising and probably quite bored, I was looking for a fast paced sales environment where I could learn quickly through extensive training and support, and that is exactly what I got. From the day I joined the 13 week academy I have been supported every day and guided on how to progress. Even after passing the academy the training continues with the Sales Director, putting on hourly sessions teaching our consultants how to become better recruiters. To anyone considering a career in recruit you need to have a good work ethic, but just as importantly you need to be trained and guided on how to get the most out of that hard work. You will find this a Venquis. Pros: Training Guidance Great Culture

Cons

The feeling of missing out on a placement

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined VQ 2.5 years ago and was provided with a unique opportunity to build and grow a new division from the very beginning. If you're looking for a company that allows you to be creative, ambitious and in control of your own career path, then VQ is the company for you. I was given a great platform to build a great team and was lucky enough to have great support along the way. A balance of competitive and talented consultants with a sharp and knowledgable Board. I left to start my own journey, but very aware that this wouldn't have been a possibility without my time here.

Cons

As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else! there is no entitlement to success...but the rewards & environment are great here' - Couldn't agree more!

April 25, 2017CEO

Thank you for the excellent (and honest!) review. We have no doubt that you will continue to be successful in the new direction you have chosen and wish you the very best of luck. Keep in touch!

"Reviews are about helping others make decisions about companies..."

5.0

I have been working at Venquis full-time

Pros

Reviews are about helping others make decisions about jobs and companies not a platform for lies or a tool for personal vendetta. I don't usually write reviews, but in light of the recent negative ones I've read about Venquis, I've decided to share my experience. To those genuinely interested in knowing more about Venquis, I have been working here for the last few years. Venquis offers a platform for success for anyone with the right Will, Attitude and Mindset! In the past years, I have watched consultants, both with or without experience, joining and making the most out of the opportunity, having a real impact on the business as well as their personal career & earnings. It doesn't matter how long you've been here, everyone have the same opportunity, it's all about who wants it the most. The CEO & MD are very much involved & hands on unlike other businesses I know of. They do care about people & have a strong vision for the business and a growth plan in place which means plenty of opportunities are available in sales, Management, setting up & owning new areas from scratch... Having worked for different companies in the past, my criteria to benchmark an employer are: - The company (Vision, growth plans, culture, Leadership, people) - The opportunity (clients, reputation) - Potential earnings / commission scheme - Clear career paths - Success stories - Fun So far, Venquis have been ticking all the boxes for me !

Continue reading
  7. "Great place to work - amazing incentives!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top training, amazing incentives, great culture, top clients, specialists in the field - a place for success!

Cons

long hours and hard work but totally worth it!!

"High performance business"

4.0

I worked at Venquis full-time

Pros

Great group of people, hard working and personable. Fun office environment balanced with strong drive for results and success. 13-week initial training process.

Cons

Further/additional training a little infrequent, though performance monitored closely which helps identify strengths and areas for improvment.

"Be Famous!"

Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis

Pros

I had no prior experience of recruitment before joining Venquis. What attracted me to the company was the 13 week training conducted by an industry expert. From day one it’s clear that Venquis value and invest in you. As long as you put the work in you are supported every step of the way and given all the tools needed to be a 360 recruiter. It’s a supportive and positive work environment and I would recommend it to any potential candidates.

Cons

Hard work and long hours, but you get out what you put in!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 English Reviews