Verathon Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated 23 Nov 2020

4.3
Verathon President and CEO Earl Thompson
Earl Thompson
Pros
  • "Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Great people great benefits great location(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rapidly growing company with some growing pains (processes, procedures, etc(in 6 reviews)

• "Leadership team came up with 7 values that do not mean anything to anybody in Verathon(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company, amazing people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Product Planner in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of people to work with, premium products, an opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

Rapidly growing company with some growing pains (processes, procedures, etc.)

November 30, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working here at Verathon. We are happy to hear you enjoy the people you work with and have a passion for our products. We pride ourselves in our technology; being the leaders in bladder volume measurement and airway management. We are looking forward to the future and continuing to innovate. We are continuing to grow, even in these unprecedented times and with that growth does come growing pains, but we are continuously looking for ways to improve our processes and procedures. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Great Work Environment!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started as a contractor and felt like I was a part of the team right away! I feel completely supported by my manager and colleagues, but at the same time I have autonomy and ownership of my work. Management supports a healthy work-life balance and flexible working schedule. There is an emphasis on professional growth and giving employees the resources needed to work on projects that truly excite them. Great place to work!

Cons

We are undergoing a necessary system implementation so there are some growing pains :)

November 21, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the feedback; we are incredibly thrilled to have you on the Verathon team! If you have any additional feedback or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

3. "Top Tier Employer!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Verathon lives by its values every day and the engaged culture inspired by those values is evident throughout the organization. Upper management has put tremendous effort over the last few years into making Verathon a place where the employees are excited to come to work and, if you work hard, there is ample opportunity for career and skill growth. Working at a midsize company is a lot of fun as projects can move very quickly, but also with some corporate structure. The products are very well respected in the medical device industry, but Verathon does not rest on its laurels as new product innovation is a top priority. I have worked for and with several Medical Device companies and Verathon is top tier!

Cons

With rapid change comes some growing pains which can be frustrating at times.

September 20, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here at Verathon! We take great pride in our products and the work we are going to build an engaged culture focused on our values and customers. Thank you for being a part of that journey!

"Verathon keeps getting better and better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Verathon is one of the best places I have worked; I love the people, the products, the fact we help improve patient lives everyday! Over the past few years, there has been an improved focus on our customers, groundbreaking products being launched in new categories and an emphasis on employee recognition and culture. Despite a few negative reviews on this site, as an employee, you can see that the majority of Verathonians really enjoy what we do; it is a good culture and a company with a bright future.

Cons

With any changes, even good ones, there are some growing pains and adjustments especially with a company that has been around as long as Verathon. Legacy systems/processes are being replaced with better technology, the HQ building is undergoing a huge remodel, our old/stale values have been replaced with updated ones that reflect our true culture, etc.

August 22, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the work you are doing and the people you are working with. We appreciate your input as we are continually trying to think of innovative ways that will improve the lives of our customers, patients, and employees. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

5. "Good Company Overall"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work culture: People are easy to work with and strive together to achieve goals. Good benefits: Able to cover 100% of eligible medical/health expenses Competitive salaries

Cons

Some growing pains in terms of processes and tools that need to be matured a little more, often these causes unnecessary roadblocks and delays.

6. "Stable"

in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon for less than a year

Pros

Verathon is a great company with a great product, it's stable and has a solid reputation. Everyone in the company is truly passionate for the products and performance.

Cons

The company is growing and with that come some growing pains.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.