Verathon Employee Reviews about "leadership team"

Updated 1 Dec 2020

4.3
Verathon President and CEO Earl Thompson
Earl Thompson
Pros
  • "Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Great people great benefits great location(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rapidly growing company with some growing pains (processes, procedures, etc(in 6 reviews)

• "Leadership team came up with 7 values that do not mean anything to anybody in Verathon(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "leadership team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company to work for !"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Amsterdam

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Leadership team and culture

Cons

Slow global expansion outside USA AND Europe.

December 23, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working here at Verathon. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with leadership and our company culture. One of our top objectives is to continue to expand outside the USA and we are very excited about the progress we have been making towards this objective. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

2. "Great products and leadership team, a winning atmosphere"

Current Employee - National Account Director

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Agile organization, active and involved Senior Leadership team that proactively seeks feedback Significant focus on employee engagement and development Best in class products, significant competitive advantages, focus on maintaining/enhancing edge with R&D team Well regarded brands in the medical device industry High energy high reward

Cons

Long term equity opportunities would be a good addition

August 21, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback! Great products, engaged employees and a proactive senior leadership team are all vital aspects to a company's success so we are happy to see you agree that these are all "pros" here at Verathon. National Accounts is also vitally important to Verathon's success so thank you very much for what you do for Verathon every day!

"Worst company I have ever worked for."

1.0

I have been working at Verathon part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leading edge for laryngoschopes products.

Cons

Leadership team came up with 7 values that do not mean anything to anybody in Verathon. Management in own department thinks you have only been there a couple months when you have been there years. They blame you if you get harrassed in anyway.

June 1, 2020Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and we are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience at Verathon. It is very important to us that our values align with our company culture so if you have any additional feedback to share, please reach out to us directly at humanresource@verathon.com.

"My New Universe: this New Hire Revels in Verathon Job"

Current Employee - Contract Analyst in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Several years ago, Roper (the ownership firm) established the current Verathon leadership team. This team has galvanized around a new corporate philosophy, resulting in a whole number of things worth shouting off the rooftops about. I'll describe just a few. I confess I am new to the industry, and to Verathon (nearing 8 weeks with the firm). (1) Like other well-managed firms, the leadership has wisely opted to avoid an appearance of class-consciousness, avoiding the caste-system atmosphere that too many larger firms still retain, ultimately at the expense of a united front (and team spirit). As one of my interviewers said so accurately: "you'll find that the leadership here is less sociopathic" than the norm. What a relief after so many years of the reverse... (2) Verathon has managed, despite being in a clear growth cycle with increasing business, to avoid a common corporate disease--micromanagement. This was crucial for me, and I even dared to mention it during one of my interviews as a turn-off. Verathon has evidently decided to retain the feel of a start-up, providing the freedom and autonomy to do things correctly, which always creates a sense of satisfaction and ownership among front-line worker-bees that care. Such an atmosphere captures the old adage that any job well done--regardless of whether sweeping the floor or undertaking top decisions--is to be cherished. Indeed, such an environment encourages workers to work beyond the standard 8-5, although a straight shift is all that is expected here, and the working atmosphere comes off as unhurried, exceptionally friendly, and low-key. Incredibly, I also interviewed at Amazon (another industry I'd never been in before!) and found it fascinating to discover that even at that scale, Amazon too is trying to retain the feel of a small business start-up--because that works better for employees who have pride and passion in their work. Even Boeing (very hard task) is reportedly trying to find a way to get that small-business magic back that they once (long, long ago) had... (3) Verathon has embraced its new direction with a new look--just now completing a truly beautiful remodel that makes every work space more comfortable; specially piped-in white noise subtly renders every side conversation quieter by muting, allowing for concentrated work yet retaining needed discourse alongside. Ample windows provide natural light and views an unmistakably beautiful exterior, with ornamental hardwoods and more. There are many private meeting spaces inside the building, very generous coffee-making, refrigerators and other culinary devices, and many other very appealing, artistic, and employee-friendly touches. (4) Verathon, despite widely-successful products, continues to innovate. For a new-business development person such as myself, the sound of new-product development is like music to my ears--and shows that the leadership won't allow complacency to be fitted around existing products--even while retaining successful technology already developed. An OEM must continue to adjust, perfect, and innovate, because new-and-improved is what the end-user expects--regardless of discipline or industry. In a real sense, many people perceive an OEM as either innovating and growing, or--sitting on its laurels and declining in in fact. 5. Verathon seems to have very little gossip or office politics. There is a creative, practical approach to old questions; for example, although not for all administrative staff, some employees are allowed Fridays to work from home. There is a positive atmosphere, and for me, running into an old boss (who was 50% of my being hired for an aerospace job in 2006!) was unique, and a great frame of reference for coming to work each day, given that he sits close by. Indeed his presence is symbolic--the working culture here comes closest in my experience to that very same mid-size firm, in the aerospace industry.

Cons

None--I've given the compensation & benefits one less star, but that's not Verathon's doing--I just need to become more fluent in my existing role!

November 21, 2019Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed, positive feedback. We are so happy you made the decision to join our organization. We definitely value our employees and believe in our Core Verathon 7 Values; making this a best in class place to work. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Great place for sales success"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Verathon has provided me an outstanding opportunity to make money selling industry leading products. I've sold both the BladderScan and GlideScope, and the commitment to product quality stands out to me. Our latest technology on both sides of the business is industry leading. Having great products makes selling much easier. Every company has pluses and minuses, but if you stay focused on what YOU can control Verathon is a great place to work. Product quality and commitment to R&D are the 2 main "Pros" that help me to consistently beat my sales plan. If you're fortunate enough to have an opportunity to work at Verathon, I recommend you take it.

Cons

Early on in my Verathon career there was too much turnover throughout the company (but we still had the best products so it didn't really effect me), however in the last 3 years things have stabilized under the current executive leadership team.

November 21, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review; we greatly appreciate your commitment to Verathon and positive feedback! A continued focus on R&D and providing technologically advanced, high quality products to our customers is really important so we are incredibly excited for what the near future holds! We love to hear from our sales teams and are here for any support you may need so please feel free to reach out anytime if you have any further feedback: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Great place to work as a sales representative"

Current Employee - GlideScope Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- wonderful leadership team that is open to hearing directly from their employees - great work life balance - new product pipeline is always a huge priority - the compensation plan is very fair and quota is attainable - they want their sales reps to be happy, which is always a plus

Cons

I don't have any cons to present at this time. I am very happy with my career at Verathon.

October 16, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we are so happy to hear you’re enjoying your career here at Verathon! If you have any further feedback to share please feel free to email us at email us at humanresources@verathon.com. We love to hear from our field sales professionals and truly value your feedback!

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time

Pros

Awesome place to get experience and grow your career. Verathon promotes from within and will reward high preforming employees with opportunities. Good pay, fun perks and company culture. Executive leadership team listens to their employee's and delivers solutions. Healthy work life balance. Great products that make an impact.

Cons

Dated building (undergoing a huge remodel so this will be fixed soon!).

October 2, 2018Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here at Verathon! We take great pride in the great culture we are all building together and the career progression opportunities we provide. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

"Talent beware"

2.0

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Verathon's products are inspiring and allow a certain level of pride for employees. Many employees are hard workers and go the extra mile to achieve lofty goals.

Cons

Management needs a wake up call. RETAIN YOUR TALENTED EMPLOYEES!!! Verahton's retention levels are absolutely atrocious and that has been the norm for several years now. Talented employees are overworked, underappreciated and that leads directly to their attrition levels. Verathon's executive leadership team needs to find a way to listen to the employees without the manager's filter to see what is really going on with them. I think that Verathon's middle management is the real problem and is not sending the right message to the executive team about the needs of the employees and how best to deliver to Verathon's goals.

"Poor leadership"

1.0

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than a year

Pros

- There's a lot of smart people working there (although they don't often stay long) - Products are awesome

Cons

- Leadership team does not work well together - Office politics are at an all time high here - Very high turnover

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.