Verathon Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 23 Nov 2020

4.3
Verathon President and CEO Earl Thompson
Earl Thompson
Pros
  • "Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Great people great benefits great location(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rapidly growing company with some growing pains (processes, procedures, etc(in 6 reviews)

• "Leadership team came up with 7 values that do not mean anything to anybody in Verathon(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"A really good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- GlideScope core business line and product portfolio are robust, stable, and growing well. This is propelling the company forward in ways we haven't seen for many years. - Most people working here are genuinely nice, want to help and are down to earth. - Leadership genuinely cares about the company values and employee well being - Company size is perfect - large enough with Roper's backing to have plenty of resources, yet small enough to feel like you can make a lot contributions to the bottom line. - Employees are supported. If someone ends up not being a good fit in their role, management is really good about reshuffling to a more appropriate position to avoid attrition. This results in a win-win for both the company and the employee. - Easy going, relaxed culture. - Solid work life balance.

Cons

- PTO is standard, but not competitive with other companies. - Compensation: semi-competitive. I think the company could attract more talent if salaries and bonuses were increased to keep up with the tech comp packages throughout the Seattle area. If this isn't possible, how about granting Roper stock as part of the package to sweeten the deal? - Career advancement: Verathon is not a large corporation with clear paths to promotion or lateral transfers. As such, if you're looking to get promoted and move up every couple of years, that probably won't happen. That said, management does care about attrition and employee happiness and will try to work something out if you're not happy.

December 1, 2020Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. As a growing company, we understand the importance of creating an environment that fosters growth for our employees whether it is by customized development plans, tuition reimbursement, or opportunity for promotion. We have made great strides to implement to policies and procedures to create an engaged culture and this is a top priority for us in our continuous improvement initiatives. Thank you again for your feedback!

2. COVID-19

"Verathon is one of my top 2 favorite companies I've worked for!"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Verathon for a little less than a year. I feel I am given just the right amount of challenge. Management seems to truly care about the employee's and work /life balance. I am given a workload that is manageable and challenging without stressing me out or keeping me away from my family time. It's been many years since I've had that. I worked for a competitor about 5 years ago and it was hands down the worst leadership I have ever worked under. That just makes me appreciate Verathon even more!

Cons

It's hard to call out cons at this time. Everything is a little upside down with COVID. My only semi con is that I did not receive a pay raise to join. Infact, it was a slight pay cut. However, the difference in fabulous leadership makes up for the slight decrease! (Hence the semi con).

November 3, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are having a positive experience here at Verathon. It is so important that we create a flexible work environment to accommodate the various needs of our employees, especially during these unprecedented times. If you have any additional feedback or suggestions please feel free to email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

3. COVID-19

"So far so good"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance allowing for flexibility (only known working for them during Covid times - so not aware what it was like before) Great colleagues (received a warm virtual welcome) whom I look forward to meeting in person one of these days. We provide life saving products, so you really feel like your work has meaning.

Cons

Haven't come across any in my few months with the company.

December 1, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear you are connecting well with your colleagues in light of this new virtual working environment and that you are passionate about our products. We cannot wait until we are able to meet in person! If you have any additional areas of feedback or suggestions please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"5 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Work from home/create own schedule -Great work/life balance -No micromanaging-everyone handles their own business -Great communication from upper management/transparent

Cons

Some overnight travel required, but not a problem.

June 22, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you have the flexibility to balance your work schedule with the demands of daily life. If you have any additional areas of feedback or suggestions please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Stagnation and complacency"

2.0
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Verathon full-time

Pros

Laid back atmosphere Work life balance

Cons

Leadership lacks decision making abilities Non-industry people getting hired to management roles- need to hire the right people to provide guidance and fully understands the regulations and standards related to med device. No career growth potential within company Attrition is very high outside the manufacturing side of the business

July 20, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are very proud of the strides we have been making to hire very talented people, reduce attrition and offer more career growth opportunities as we continue to grow as a company. So far this year alone, we have had 5% of our employees move upwards in the company and we hope to continue to see this number increase even more each year. We do realize that there is always more to do in this space so we do appreciate your insight and feedback.

"long term sales destination"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

a growing list of industry leading airway products that end users trust, work life balance, total compensation package including stock options and 401k, clinical specialist additions added locally to help drive usage and support sales team

Cons

speed of internal communications to field

June 8, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! In addition to producing innovative products that drive the industry, we also strive to create an environment that provides long-term professional and personal support for our employees. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our internal communication as we are continually looking for areas of improvement. If you have any additional areas of feedback or suggestions please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Great Position and Great Culture!"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Verathon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Verathon truly was a great place to work. I enjoyed a great work life balance, great culture, great people and the earning potential was more than I ever thought possible. I would definitely recommend Verathon for any rep looking to break into medical sales or someone with years of experience.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are limited, as a smaller company.

February 19, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working here at Verathon in an Outside Sales role. It looks like you really enjoyed your time with us. We do understand that the advancement opportunities may be limited, since we are a smaller company, but one of our Core Values is “Continuous Improvement Creates Competitive Advantage.” As we continue to grow and evolve, we are always focused on getting better and one of the initiatives is to help make our employees feel like they have opportunity to grow and develop. One of the changes we made in recent years was implementing the Field Sales Trainer Program and Accelerate to help advance our sales reps. Verathon does prefer to promote from within whenever possible. With that being said and the fact you are no longer with our company, we do also look at previous employees for opportunities and will reach out if we feel it is a good match. Definitely continue to keep an eye on our website for potential future opportunities and feel free to reach out to any one of us in the future. If you have any additional suggestions or feedback you would like to share, please email us at humanresources@verathon.com.

"Good work life balance"

4.0
    Current Employee - Finance in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of work and cross training. work life balance Employee recognition Strong leadership

Cons

Do not like punching a time card

February 4, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback! We are happy to hear you’re enjoying your role with Verathon. Strong leadership, employee recognition, cross training and work life balance are all important aspects of the culture we strive to build here at Verathon. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at: humanresources@verathon.com.

"Great Work Environment!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started as a contractor and felt like I was a part of the team right away! I feel completely supported by my manager and colleagues, but at the same time I have autonomy and ownership of my work. Management supports a healthy work-life balance and flexible working schedule. There is an emphasis on professional growth and giving employees the resources needed to work on projects that truly excite them. Great place to work!

Cons

We are undergoing a necessary system implementation so there are some growing pains :)

November 21, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the feedback; we are incredibly thrilled to have you on the Verathon team! If you have any additional feedback or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

"Great place to work as a sales representative"

Current Employee - GlideScope Territory Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verathon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- wonderful leadership team that is open to hearing directly from their employees - great work life balance - new product pipeline is always a huge priority - the compensation plan is very fair and quota is attainable - they want their sales reps to be happy, which is always a plus

Cons

I don't have any cons to present at this time. I am very happy with my career at Verathon.

October 16, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we are so happy to hear you’re enjoying your career here at Verathon! If you have any further feedback to share please feel free to email us at email us at humanresources@verathon.com. We love to hear from our field sales professionals and truly value your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 English Reviews